Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The true traitors were those who betrayed the public trust and involved us in a meaningless, unnecessary war of choice, Johnson, McNamara, Nixon, et al.

Funny how some silly assed actress who said stupid things blinds people to the real culprits.

She went to POW camps where the men were being tortured,with the N.Vietnamese as her tour guides.
Not to mention all the publicity photos. This isn't a debate about the Vietnam war. Many people opposed that war but didn't do what she did. No,she was a traitor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
She went to POW camps where the men were being tortured,with the N.Vietnamese as her tour guides.
Not to mention all the publicity photos. This isn't a debate about the Vietnam war. Many people opposed that war but didn't do what she did. No,she was a traitor.
Yes, this has nothing to do with the moral or political implications of the war, itself. Fonda earned her nickname, right up there with Tokyo Rose. Fonda IS a traitor. She won't ever live that down. Poor poor pitiful Jane. Waaa!!

Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Nancy Reagan is glad Jane Fonda is taking the part.

Quote:
I wish it was more than a cameo," Fonda wrote on her personal blog last year. "I know that she is pleased that I am playing her." Fonda cited a mutual friend, writer Annette Tapert, who spoke to Reagan on Fonda's behalf. "I asked Annette to tell Ms. Reagan I was honored to be playing her."

Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Now that I know she's in it, I can't wait to see the film. She's an incredible actor.

Vietnam is OVER folks...move on with your lives.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Now that I know she's in it, I can't wait to see the film. She's an incredible actor.

Jane's character was attrocious and she extended the war because of her being the most blatant communist sympathizer. This gave the morale to the enemy.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The true traitors were those who betrayed the public trust and involved us in a meaningless, unnecessary war of choice, Johnson, McNamara, Nixon, et al.

Funny how some silly assed actress who said stupid things blinds people to the real culprits.
Dead on there. Let's not forget the military idiots like Westmoreland that was trying to fight it like a conventional war.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Dead on there. Let's not forget the military idiots like Westmoreland that was trying to fight it like a conventional war.
It is telling that the right-wingers are much more troubled by words than the actions of those Americans who accounted for untold, needless deaths, is it not? They're a sick, sick bunch.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Slavery is OVER folks...move on with your lives.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I'm not sure why I feel the need to put my 2 cents into the discussion, but there were a lot of us back in the 60s who thought the war was wrong, and it turned out we were right. I felt that I was fighting FOR our soldiers, not against them.

I am not defending what she did, which was disloyal to the country, but we all did a lot of stupid things when we were young and knew everything. It was unfortunate for her that she had the money and fame to get to Hanoi, when the rest of us just anonymously carried a sign around campus.
Those signs should have said.. we support our troops.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That is not correct. Just before he was assassinated, JFK signed a National Security Memorandum that called for the removal of the first 1000 troops from Viet Nam by December 31, 1963. It was cancelled by LBJ two days after the assassination. The escalation was on LBJ's watch.
No it was JFK whont the first US troops intoombat role 1st marines. We alos recent heard relaesed tapes o he and stafff talkig about the coup agianst the vit etnamese presdient which w even Bobby argueed agianst his vir ews.Then of course we know about his obcesstion with over throwig and evenwillingness to assinsinate castro.Much different than the pulbic immage and we haven't even heard all teh tapr es yet.Certainly a very reckless president is what is seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies