Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Loose Cannon IS a loose cannon with this kind of humor!

But yes, I've eaten at buffets for work lunches (usually b-day or going-away parties for employees), and returned to the office stuffed, tired, bewildered and a little gassy. Almost useless until I down some caffeine to make it thru the day.
Part of the fun in the buffet experience is the bloated post meal nap. I say ditch the caffeine and catch a few winks in your car.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I can only go there when I have time for a nap afterwards.

Loose Cannon - don't waste your time over analyzing other people's eating habits - get off CD and apply for jobs!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
As a person unemployed for a number of months one of the mpre productive things I have done aside from drinking is occasionly visit Buffets. I am surprised by people who go to buffets on their lunch break. Eating at a Buffet is a science and an exercise that requires extreme concentration and dedication. It involves eating 4 plates and savoring each bite and then going up for dessert. Going in there on a lunch break. quickly stuffing your face , and then heading back to the office is counterproductive. I am sure it affects 2nd half productivity. I do not see the fun in this. If I was a boss or manager I would forbid my employees from eating at buffets while at work.
If you have been unemployed for a number of months why aren't you out looking for a job instead of wasting time eating at buffets?

Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
If you have been unemployed for a number of months why aren't you out looking for a job instead of wasting time eating at buffets?
Winner winner...Chicken...er um, buffet dinner!

Who cares where or why other people eat? What is it to you OP?

FWIW not everyone plays piggy at buffets...some just like the variety.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,452,022 times
I sometimes go with coworkers to the buffet during lunch, and I will agree that it usually makes me pretty tired and uncomfortable when I return to work and effects my productivity. That is why I don't go very often, besides the fact that most of the food they serve is not very healthy for you.

But, I can't agree with employers restricting where their employees go to lunch.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:03 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
I sometimes go with coworkers to the buffet during lunch, and I will agree that it usually makes me pretty tired and uncomfortable when I return to work and effects my productivity. That is why I don't go very often, besides the fact that most of the food they serve is not very healthy for you.

But, I can't agree with employers restricting where their employees go to lunch.
What is unhealthy about buffet food? The ones I'v seen have fruits and veggies, salads and soups. I dont see them anymore unhealthy than any other restaraunt, especially fast food.

Also, many things can affect employee productivity. My productivity was affected this morning after drinking 16 oz. of water and two cups of coffee and when I got to the office it was locked and I had to pee real bad. I was po'ed and it affected my productivity all morning.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
buf·fet 1 (b-f, b-)
n.
1. A large sideboard with drawers and cupboards.
a. A counter or table from which meals or refreshments are served.
b. A restaurant having such a counter.
3. A meal at which guests serve themselves from various dishes displayed on a table or sideboard.

Food served in a buffet are by definition restricted to unhealthy or ill-advised fair.

Buffet's that charge by the weight (as most do) act as an incentive to reduce the serving sizes that one might partake in.

In short, one can eat very healthy foods in modest amounts at a buffet. I would also argue that being able to restrict one's own portions eating at a buffet may in fact act as a disincentive to stuffing one's corpulent face considering the humongous portions that far too many American restaurants feel compeled to serve.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
This thread is making me hungry for some Chinese buffet...

Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I remember when I was in college, the school opened the new dining hall. There was so much food to choose from and it was all you could eat. It was for free the day it opened. I went in and basically indulged like crazy, on all kinds of stuff. After I was done, I went back and later fell asleep. Combination of so much food combined with hot weather basically made me want a nap.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,452,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What is unhealthy about buffet food? The ones I'v seen have fruits and veggies, salads and soups. I dont see them anymore unhealthy than any other restaraunt, especially fast food.

Also, many things can affect employee productivity. My productivity was affected this morning after drinking 16 oz. of water and two cups of coffee and when I got to the office it was locked and I had to pee real bad. I was po'ed and it affected my productivity all morning.
Sure, there are healthy buffets such as Souper Salad and Souplantation. But there is not much healthy food at say Golden Corral or a Chinese Buffet. But it is all about portions and moderation.. you can eat light and be okay at a "bad" buffet as well as eating huge amounts at a salad buffet and counter the whole reason for going to a salad bar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies