Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If it wasn't for the stigma that the GOP is home to white racists and nationalists, then we would probably see a much larger proportion of the East Asian population in the US voting Republican, I think. Judging from what I've read briefly, the left-wing parties in South Korea and Japan are probably equivalent to the moderate wing of the GOP.
It wouldn't be a "stigma" if there weren't truth to it.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Is it that maybe Asians are hard workers on the most part and believe in the traditional American way of life.

If you want something you have to "EARN IT"!
LOL

Ever actually spoken to Asian immigrants? They complain all the time.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM

1,127 posts, read 904,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
They don't come from a culture where you blame others for your own failures.
What does that say about American culture, as the biggest whiners, especially online, are Americans.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM

1,300 posts, read 961,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
LOL

Ever actually spoken to Asian immigrants? They complain all the time.
True. This is just another disingenuous, agenda driven, garbage thread, headed with a begging-the-question logical fallacy.

They complain quite often about guys like the OP. Their culture is not as "in your face" as American culture, so you are not likely to hear it spoken publicly.

I also find it ironic that white male right wingers like the OP, who are constantly complaining about everything under the sun that displeases them, and rightly assume that they have a right to do so, then get offended and believe it is somehow out of place when a minority complains or expressed disagreement with an aspect of society.

If you're going to judge someone else for possessing the virture of "not complaining"......... shouldnt you possess this virture yourself

Old 04-15-2013, 11:00 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Come to Houston, where:

-we have plenty of Asians in alternative schools.

-Assimilation? Please. All their neighborhood signs are in Chinese or Vietnamese, clergy is available to translate, newspapers are in their langauge etc.

-Those who "assimilate" already were at the top of their societies.

I think it would be a lot less disingenuous if the OP had stated, "I am prejudiced towards Hispanics."

Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Is it that maybe Asians are hard workers on the most part and believe in the traditional American way of life.

If you want something you have to "EARN IT"!

Why is it that Asians seem to have biases in their daily business and consumer lives?

Asians are rarely seen in conventional supermarkets on the West Coast where they are numerous.

I've heard they like to do business with other Asians.

Asian businesses seem to almost never have job openings or applications when non-Asians inquire.

I've seen one Asian restaurant that posts Help wanted signs in Spanish only. What's up with that?

Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Why is it that Asians seem to have biases in their daily business and consumer lives?

Asians are rarely seen in conventional supermarkets on the West Coast where they are numerous.

I've heard they like to do business with other Asians.

Asian businesses seem to almost never have job openings or applications when non-Asians inquire.

I've seen one Asian restaurant that posts Help wanted signs in Spanish only. What's up with that?
Probably looking to hire illegal aliens, that's why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies