Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Irrespective Of How They Vote, Most People In My Area Identify Ideologically, With The Below Group:
:::::Most Republicans In My Area Are Neo-Conservative, Ideologically 2 50.00%
::::Most Republicans In My Area Are Puleoconservatives, Ideologically 2 50.00%
:::Most Democrats In My Area, Are Modern Democrats 0 0%
::Most Democrats In My Area, Are Traditional Democrats 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 10:01 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,652,890 times

Advertisements

I am a recent transplant to NC, so I can't comment on what I see here.

But in my former home or NY, anyone who identified themself as a conservative, was a neo-conservative, ideologically.

What would you say of those persons who live in your area?

- A definition of a neo-conservative, or neo-conservative policy, is George W. Bush. A neo-conservative is more 'global' focused in their economic, and military pursuits.

- A definition of a puleoconservative, or puleoconservative policy, is Patrick J. Buchanan. Puleoconservatives pursue protectionist trade policies; are for limited government, and don't believe in world wide military intervention - unless absolutely necessary.

- A definition of a 'modern' democrat, is one who supports post modern morality, and economic policy that is global in scale. A modern democrat might be someone like our current President.

- A definition of a traditional democrat, is one who stays out of, or supports, more traditional themes/morality, and pursues policy that is confined to the interests of the United States. A traditional democrat might be someone like Ralph Nader.

So where are you located, and what types of Republicans or Democrats define your area?

(This thread does realize that most people do not fit neatly within "blue" or "red" parameters, but accepts that a person will identify with an ideology, enough so that they tend to vote for Dems or GOP candidates)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
post modern morality ????

Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
The christian right and neo cons rule my area.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I am a recent transplant to NC, so I can't comment on what I see here.

But in my former home or NY, anyone who identified themself as a conservative, was a neo-conservative, ideologically.

What would you say of those persons who live in your area?

- A definition of a neo-conservative, or neo-conservative policy, is George W. Bush. A neo-conservative is more 'global' focused in their economic, and military pursuits.

- A definition of a puleoconservative, or puleoconservative policy, is Patrick J. Buchanan. Puleoconservatives pursue protectionist trade policies; are for limited government, and don't believe in world wide military intervention - unless absolutely necessary.

- A definition of a 'modern' democrat, is one who supports post modern morality, and economic policy that is global in scale. A modern democrat might be someone like our current President.

- A definition of a traditional democrat, is one who stays out of, or supports, more traditional themes/morality, and pursues policy that is confined to the interests of the United States. A traditional democrat might be someone like Ralph Nader.

So where are you located, and what types of Republicans or Democrats define your area?

(This thread does realize that most people do not fit neatly within "blue" or "red" parameters, but accepts that a person will identify with an ideology, enough so that they tend to vote for Dems or GOP candidates)
The democrats in my city are more traditional dems, the Scoop Jackson type. But they are mostly ignorant of what actually goes on in politics, and since they voted Democrat in the 1960s, they and their children just pull the lever for democrats. Our only saving grace is that the rural areas are more conservative minded, so sometimes with a good rural area turnout we will get Republicans in the US senators and congress.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The christian right and neo cons rule my area.
Many of those Christian neocons are just big government Democrats, and the only reason they are not Democrats is because they are pro-life, and pro-traditional marriage. however, the current dems will have nothing to do them, because they look down upon them as nothing but bible thumping homophobes.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Many of those Christian neocons are just big government Democrats, and the only reason they are not Democrats is because they are pro-life, and pro-traditional marriage. however, the current dems will have nothing to do them, because they look down upon them as nothing but bible thumping homophobes.
Most of the people I try to hang around with are Ron Paul libertarian types but I understand where you are coming from. The others were big Rick Santorum supporters because they were duped into to thinking he was a small gvt conservative. And he ran on the pro life and anti gay marriage platform and strong military and that is all they had to hear. And Mittens after the primaries became a conservative to them, of course they did not want to talk about his record.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
My area? Lol, we are farmers, ranchers, cowhands, country folk, rangers, working class, miners,desert rats, tradesmen, roughnecks, with CA transplants trying to jam a spike in our tree. Lmao, call that whatever, trendy, term you want. But it ain't no "neo" anything. We have been the way we are for quite some time. Welcome to the Western Lands.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:54 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Don't bother to check the spelling of "paleoconservative", when it's half of the key distinction you want to draw, and all the world is certain to take you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies