Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I agree if this was an organized attack by an established large network--there would be "chatter," and that's how many acts of terrorism have been stopped since 911. What if it wasn't though--what if it was pulled off by a small group of people who didn't put out any signals? That's what happened with many of the domestic terrorist acts in this country in the last 30 years. Someone just quietly went about their business and made bombs. If they aren't putting out signals to begin with, you can't track the signals and stop them.
I've read where an email address is created, several people have the password and messages are left in "draft" boxes. They are never sent out so don't raise a flag and picked up as "chatter".

Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,215,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You'd better get your wish then that this was domestic. If they're allowing enemy foreign groups or individuals to come here and kill Americans, then we've got idiots and fools running things. It's not as though 9-11 never happened and there is no warning that we're under attack.
When did I EVER say I had a wish? You're a sick puppy. It doesn't matter what any of us "wish." They just need to find out who did it. I simply raised the point that if it was a lone wolf scenario, then it would be just about impossible for Homeland Security to track and stop. That's reality.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,128,163 times
Quote:
You'd better get your wish then that this was domestic. If they're allowing enemy foreign groups or individuals to come here and kill Americans, then we've got idiots and fools running things. It's not as though 9-11 never happened and there is no warning that we're under attack.
It might international and Al-Qaeda might use US born citizens that sympathize with them. And US Citizens can and go freely. So.... all we can do is wait; at least 20 min and see what will the FBI Say.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,503,603 times
Quote:
If they're allowing enemy foreign groups or individuals to come here and kill Americans, then we've got idiots and fools running things.
Who are the "they" who are "allowing enemy foreign groups ... to come here and kill Americans."?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,578,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
So.... all we can do is wait; at least 20 min and see what will the FBI Say.
Exactly. Though, of course, discussion boards aren't really designed for patient waiting.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
True. You have the whole Black Liberation hate groups as well.....like Obama's mentor, Jeremish Wright that screamed "God Damn America". How more to show this hate to damn America than to do something like this on Patriots Day? The group that follows Wrights beliefs are full of hate.
Oh lord. Maybe Michelle Obama is behind this? Remember she wasn't proud of America until Barry became president. Maybe she changed her mind?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,215,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I've read where an email address is created, several people have the password and messages are left in "draft" boxes. They are never sent out so don't raise a flag and picked up as "chatter".
That would make sense--wasn't that what General Petraeus did with his girlfriend? I just know that if someone is sitting in their basement building bombs, or working with a few friends locally, or if they've found a way to communicate without it being intercepted by HS, there would be no "chatter."

Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 AM

684 posts, read 1,123,308 times
Any alliance between ME radicals and Latino drug gangs would cause you folks too much trouble.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
When did I EVER say I had a wish? You're a sick puppy. It doesn't matter what any of us "wish." They just need to find out who did it. I simply raised the point that if it was a lone wolf scenario, then it would be just about impossible for Homeland Security to track and stop. That's reality.
Impossible at a very public event like the Boston Marathon? i would think that any crowded even would have some kind of surveillance -- it took someone some time to get these bombs placed. At least where I live, there are video cameras just about anywhere you look -- yet our government seems completely lost as far as who might have done this even this morning.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Exactly. Though, of course, discussion boards aren't really designed for patient waiting.
Wait until the terrorists catch onto the fact that we're just supposed to patiently wait for days and days while our incompetent government runs around and tries to figure it out.

They could have set up following bomb attacks in every major city by now. But Americans are supposed to be nothing more than sitting ducks. Just cross our fingers that this is a limited attack. The government is working on it, they might have some kind of answer in a few weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies