Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Wrestling is violence. Live by sword....
Oh good lord. That's nutty. Now every high school wrestler is a potential terrorist, right? And for the record, nobody punches or hits anyone in wrestling. It's all about strength, strategy and skill, and it's one of the oldest sports in the world. The entire goal is to push someones shoulders down on a mat and hold them there for three seconds.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Is it possible that these guys are totally homegrown and there is no connection to Islam what so ever? I really can not imagine them having prayer rugs and being devoted to God...maybe they are just plain old fashioned crazy punks who are products of bad Bruce Willis movies?
The references on their social-networking sites seem to suggest that Islam was a pretty important force in their lives, so unfortunately, looks like the connection to Islam is there.

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Sounds just like the Bible to me.
The law of God. God hates sin. What is new?

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Is it possible that these guys are totally homegrown and there is no connection to Islam what so ever? I really can not imagine them having prayer rugs and being devoted to God...maybe they are just plain old fashioned crazy punks who are products of bad Bruce Willis movies?
That's what I think. I mentioned earlier, some people are just jerks. They don't have a motivation or political backlash in mind to do something, they just do it because they want to. Everyone wants to place the blame on islam though, it's the nonthinker's way out.

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Huge props to both the Boston PD and federal authorities for their outstanding work on this case so far. I just hope that the remaining suspect can be apprehended alive so that we can gather more information as to the reasons for the attacks and any other relevant information pertaining to the crime. If not... so be it.

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
It's a possibility.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 AM

164 posts, read 197,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
This is a fair representation of our Western perception. But remember: these people are not like us. It's a thing about different cultures: they see the world differently. We are the Franks.

To us, it's preposterous: most of us have no more connection to the Crusades than maybe having seen that Kingdom of Heaven movie.

To them, it makes perfect sense. In the 12th century, Franks from northern France. In the late 19th c., Franks from northern Europe. In the late 20th c., Franks from northern America. But always Franks - sacking their cities, looking down on them, calling them savages, dividing their countries like prizes at a party, always kicking them like dogs.

That is not why. Not only do most people not have any connection to the crusades, they don't have any connection to Christianity at all. Rather weak argument.

Also, why would they come across the entire globe to attack the 'franks' when they have european countries that are much close, less secure and easier targets? Again, that makes no sense...

Lastly, which makes perfect sense is that we drone strike, war monger and bomb sovereign nations which I think any American would be outraged at but we feel that we are holier-than-thou and need to bring these "savages" in line with our glorious governmental setup.

You may know rote history well, but I'm not going to you for modern, common sense correlations to this terrorist-USA link.

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The law of God. God hates sin. What is new?
He hates women too.

Your God is no better than theirs, hate to break it to you.

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Wow. Chechnyan. Thats a first for the US. Guess the Russians ain't such bad guys in their dealings with them after all. Yep, we pound on the Russians about Chechnya all the while breaking things and killing people in Afghanistan. Such Irony! Well hell, Barrack and Vlad can sit down over vodka and have a meeting of the minds.

Joint Spesnatz/ Delta operations, after all, we are just one big global family. The younger brother is toast to. Thats a gimme. They killed a cop and are terrorists. Didn't even have to unleash the Super Spooks to get them. This is just mind blowing. If baby brother gets taken alive (doubtful...at best) his interrogation could prove....insightful. What would motivate two , apparently well assimilated, immigrant Chechnyan brothers, to do this, is food for thought Taking a swipe at a Russian consulate or some such, would make more sense. We shall see.....

Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
This manhunt is most likely for nothing, this Dzhokhar probably already shot himself in the head. He's too much of a wimp to face consequences.
That's what I think. They'll find his body eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies