Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

So... not sure what you're getting at here. Is it suddenly cool among right wingers to consider Russians the good guys? Since when is trying to understand something the same thing as making excuses?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
So you just sit around watching a channel that you seem to hate? That makes no sense at all. Why waste your time doing something you don't like?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You mean the boat owner who was outside (when he wasn't supposed to be)?

I believe he did ultimately find him, right?
The order to remain indoors had just been lifted. That is when the fellow stepped out to check on his boat. Had he not, who knows if the kid would have been apprehended yet.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I'm going to be very interested to learn how these terrorists acquired each and every weapon and bit of explosive matter that they had. The concept of privacy has been so badly corrupted by right-wingers in this country - refusing to grant people the right to privacy of their own bodies, their own families, and their own worship; while demanding "privacy" in public places, and privacy in commercial transactions of dangerous materials - that we shouldn't be surprised if one of these offensively twisted right-wing perspectives is at least a potential cause of failing to determine this guy was a terrorist earlier.
Well, really:

Pressure cooker-available at any Kohl's, Target, Walmart, K-Mart (assuming there are any left), most hardware stores, cooking supply stores, etc.

Nails: Home Depot, Lowes, most of the above (probably not Kohl's)

BBs: I don't know. I'm sure some of you guys know where you can acquire those.

Explosive: I think it was gunpowder. I personally don't know where you can get it, but seeing as one can buy fireworks legally, I don't think it would be too hard to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well said.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that maybe that boat owner, when he saw blood on his boat which hadn't been there before, instead of pulling the tarp back to look inside himself, should have immediately called 9-1-1?

Besides not knowing what the kid had on him in the way of weapons and/or bombs, at the very least, he could have alerted him, allowing him to escape.
That's probably one of those things you think later, "I should have just called the police". His first instinct was obviously "What they hey? I need to take a look at this." It could have been an animal that left the blood.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Your opinion is noted and completing unhinged and full of hot air.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
You have a problem with Maddow reporting on how these boys may have learned to do what they did ?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
O'Reilly is still trying to figure out how ocean tides work... Please, why would anybody listen to him? I don't want to imply he is dumb or anything, but the term "as a rock" keeps popping into my head.
LOL @ this. ^^

Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I think the naked guy was someone from C-D who didn't like the way things were being handled and was going in to take care of the situation.
Your Fantasy......may have merit from reading all the crap thats bubbling to the surface from the water treatment plant, but , I would not dwell on it for long, if you plan to eat anytime soon.!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So... not sure what you're getting at here. Is it suddenly cool among right wingers to consider Russians the good guys? Since when is trying to understand something the same thing as making excuses?
This is a good point. Sort of like all the sympathy from the right here on CD for the Somali Pirates after some were captured, Osama bin Laden after he was killed, etc. Now we have to be sympathetic to the Russians? I don't watch Rachel Maddow; we don't get MSNBC and I don't like it when I've seen it elsewhere. From what I heard, she referred to "alleged" bomber. My guess is that was to preserve the ability of the govt. to try him, not to make an excuse for him.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-20-2013 at 09:25 AM..

Old 04-20-2013, 08:56 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
The younger killer has been in the states since he was 13 so it is hard to believe we can stop these type of terrorists in the future. I wonder how living in Boston, the heart of Liberalism in this country affected his view towards this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies