Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 06:36 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
SETTING THE CHARGES: UM Coach: BOMB SNIFFING DOGS WERE AT START, FINISH LINES FOR

Yep must be a coincidence eh? Can you people not see through the lies on tv? Its a false flag attack for christ sakes.
Finally, someone who still knows how to think! Good Observation!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I disagree. I was born and raised in Boston and I cried for hours. However, it should offend every American to read that over 9,000 armed officers along with SWAT teams, FBI agents and other special forces took over the streets to look for 2 people. Why should 2 people, one only a teenager, be able to have such power over a major city? Several cities were on lockdown.

I think people in Boston are great and I understand why they were cheering as the police drove by. However, isn't this only sending a message to terrorists around the world that they too can get their 15 minutes of fame? If 2 young men can terrorize us so much, what would an organized terrorist organization be capable of orchestrating? We already know that answer. 9/11. If the FBI can't stop 2 kids, it's sending out a red flag. If I were a "Muslim extremist" then I'd be laughing as I watched the police strip the rights of innocent bystanders. I'd be giggling as I listened to one false report after another.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but I honestly think all of this could have been handled better.
I'm not offended at all; but I don't think you could be any more wrong. One terrorist is dead and one in custody within a week. We didn't have to spend years looking for them in some hole in the desert; the people of Boston are happy and appreciative and this has only served to solidify them in some way.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,714,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, I am not saying all Muslims are murderers. All I am saying is that Islam is a crap religion. ... And yes, if a Christian terrorist says he got his motivation to kill innocent people from his or her religion, I would also think that obviously there is something wrong with that religion (which actually I do, being an atheist).
I'm also a non-Christian, but that doesn't justify using "crap" "logic" to defend your labeling a religion "crap". There are more than enough sound bases for attacking the Abrahamic religions - there is no reason to use "crap" "logic" to do so. You're effectively committing a more grievous offense than you're accusing the religion of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
please make a list for reference purposes.
I've got better things to do with my time, given that the previous poster's response made repudiating his comments using that approach unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
One terrorist is dead and one in custody within a week. We didn't have to spend years looking for them in some hole in the desert; the people of Boston are happy and appreciative and this has only served to solidify them in some way.
Agreed. I've been dismayed this morning reading the comments posted by folks who are clearly excessively blood-thirsty and vindictive, and seem to want to measure justice in the suffering inflicted on the perpetrators, lowering all of society down to the level of terrorists.

Dr. David Shoenfeld treated the older brother after he was apprehended after the overnight shootout. He was asked about how he felt about treating someone who he knew had committed such atrocity. He said that that doesn't enter into the consideration of compassionate care. Even the worst among us innately deserve to be treated like a human being, even if they don't treat others like human beings - honor demands that. John Winthrop, in 1630, envisioned this as a place that could "... be as a City upon a Hill, (and that) the eyes of all people are upon us ..." I would hope that we've lived up to Rev. Winthrop's vision a bit this week. Dr. Shoenfeld surely did.

Last edited by bUU; 04-20-2013 at 06:50 AM..

Old 04-20-2013, 06:40 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Where are you getting your news? You can't believe the MSM who were hemming and hawing and couldn't decide who or how many people they wanted to use for suspects for days ....and Janet Napalitano even had the nerve to scold a Congressman because he asked about pictures of more likely suspects from other sources than the government or mainstream media that were out much sooner such as the people all involved in the "drill" that was announced over the loudspeaker that took place at the scene of the bombing. Yet none of those people are even suspects? Hmm. I wonder why. Maybe because it was another of many a False Flag events that have occurred over history? Think about it.
Sorry, I wear paper and plastic hats, not the ones made of tin foil.

I never saw darling Janet on any channels I watch, but I don't have

piped into my apartment.

During the events, I watched FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, and at evening, I watched PBS from a antenna, you know, over the air?
I'll bet you have cable-vision.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:48 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
So basically any killer that said that they killed for Jesus gets to stain all Christians as murderers? Are you really going to make me pull together a list, to condemn Christianity, or will you just admit that your comment was nonsense?
How about you find international Christian organizations with philosophy devoted to the equivalent of jihad. Organized, well-funded, spreading the jihadi-type message to any Christian willing to obey. That has committed acts of terror in dozens of countries.

This persistent effort to equate Islamic inspired terrorism to Christians as murderers is dopey.

It would also be dopey to conclude that because a segment of Muslims are devoted to terrorism that All Muslims are terrorists.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,766,178 times
Quote:
I'm also a non-Christian, but that doesn't justify using "crap" "logic" to defend your labeling a religion "crap". There are more than enough sound bases for attacking the Abrahamic religions - there is no reason to use "crap" "logic" to do so. You're effectively committing a more grievous offense than you're accusing the religion of.
I don't see any crap logic. Look, a religion is a human invention, its purpose is to make humans behave in a social and decent manner. If a religion is so contradictory as to allow some of its followers to behave in a bad way without condemning it, there is obviously something wrong with it.

With Christians it is a bit different these days because most of them simply ignore big parts of their religion, like the old testament, which is not much better than the Koran.

In the case of Muslims in the West you basically have people with a Middle-Ages mindset living in post modern 21st century countries.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,714,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
How about you find international Christian organizations with philosophy devoted to the equivalent of jihad.
Stop moving the goalposts to fit your corrupted perspective. Stop trying to justify your reckless blood-thirst with crap rationalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't see any crap logic.
Yet, it is. You are effectively saying, "Because some people corrupt this thing into something atrocious, then it must be atrocious." You're committing a grievous abortion of logic to rationalize your perspective.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:53 AM

24,429 posts, read 23,092,690 times
I would hope that at the very least the city of Boston gets Craft International to refund their payment and then have the mayor of Boston have a full disclosure of how they came to hire them in the first place.
Richard Jewell was just an ordinary security guard and he prevented the Atlanta bombing.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The FBI investigated the older brother in 2011. They missed something, didn't take what they found seriously enough, or he became a threat in a short amount of time.
Pray tell what Breitfart or FOX tells you there was to find at that time?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:55 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Stop moving the goalposts to fit your corrupted perspective. Stop trying to justify your reckless blood-thirst with crap rationalizations.
'reckless blood-thirst' ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies