Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 06:15 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,807,731 times

Advertisements

It is really odd. I read that one of the two said he doesn't have a single American friend, despite living in the US for 10 years or so. He said he simply doesn't understand Americans (obviously he was not referring to English).

I don't buy into that old 'but they do not act on behalf of Islam' crap. When a terrorist himself admits getting their motivation from Islam, who are we to say that is not true?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:20 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,493,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, let's nurse the little baby bomber and killer back to health so his attorneys can plead insanity for him in the courts.

The good guys won yesterday Nancy, the good guys won.
Where are you getting your news? You can't believe the MSM who were hemming and hawing and couldn't decide who or how many people they wanted to use for suspects for days ....and Janet Napalitano even had the nerve to scold a Congressman because he asked about pictures of more likely suspects from other sources than the government or mainstream media that were out much sooner such as the people all involved in the "drill" that was announced over the loudspeaker that took place at the scene of the bombing. Yet none of those people are even suspects? Hmm. I wonder why. Maybe because it was another of many a False Flag events that have occurred over history? Think about it.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,734,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't buy into that old 'but they do not act on behalf of Islam' crap. When a terrorist himself admits getting their motivation from Islam, who are we to say that is not true?
So basically any killer that said that they killed for Jesus gets to stain all Christians as murderers? Are you really going to make me pull together a list, to condemn Christianity, or will you just admit that your comment was nonsense?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 AM

23,176 posts, read 26,275,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is really odd. I read that one of the two said he doesn't have a single American friend, despite living in the US for 10 years or so. He said he simply doesn't understand Americans (obviously he was not referring to English).

Exactly
Just because they may not have been assigned this task by an organized Jihad group still means that, acting independently but motivated by jihad/Islam ,the reasons and results are the same.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why would it last indefinately? He wasn't the invisible man. It lasted as long as it did. People cooperated with the lock down...Martial law is a different animal.

Ignoring the warning signs? What warning signs should HLS been aware of prior to the bombings?
The FBI investigated the older brother in 2011. They missed something, didn't take what they found seriously enough, or he became a threat in a short amount of time.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,807,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
So basically any killer that said that they killed for Jesus gets to stain all Christians as murderers? Are you really going to make me pull together a list, to condemn Christianity, or will you just admit that your comment was nonsense?
Well, I am not saying all Muslims are murderers. All I am saying is that Islam is a crap religion. That doesn't mean people cannot be innocent despite being Muslim.

And yes, if a Christian terrorist says he got his motivation to kill innocent people from his or her religion, I would also think that obviously there is something wrong with that religion (which actually I do, being an atheist).

Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Yes he should have been like Bush and let the guy run off to another state and then exclaim "Tsarnaev is not a priority for me right now!"
Oh, that was a GOOD one. And so, so true.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,945,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The FBI investigated the older brother in 2011. They missed something, didn't take what they found seriously enough, or he became a threat in a short amount of time.
bingo.

and the suspect wasn't captured until the lockdown ended:

(CNN) -- Cooped up all day with nothing to do but stay glued to the TV while his city was on lock down, David Henneberry was eager for a breath of fresh air.

So when authorities in Massachusetts lifted the order for residents to stay shut inside their homes Friday, the Watertown resident stepped out to stretch his legs and enjoy the beautiful spring day.

While in his back yard, Henneberry's gaze fell across something that just wasn't right.

What he saw brought an end to an intense manhunt that had the Boston community on edge for five restless days.

I hope policies change BEFORE another terrorist targets americans. (for whatever reason). I am not sure that the police meant to capture him alive (with all the explosives and gunshots reported) but they did, and that certainly will be helpful.

did they ever command the suspect to come out of the boat? I didn't see that, but then the cameras weren't in that back yard.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:32 AM

684 posts, read 1,124,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
please make a list for reference purposes.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:36 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,797,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Not to be picky, but during the siege, ABC reported that Dunkin Donuts was allowed to stay open.
I know. I wasn't there and clearly no one on CD was there. But under the conditions it's safe to assume that those people were working around the clock and highly stressed. They stopped to have something to eat and drink. Does that mean they weren't doing their job? Highly unlikely they were treating the situation as if they were at a picnic. If you look at the posters attitude in several of his posts you can't miss his attitude towards the LE, then you will see what kind of message he wanted to convey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies