Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,034,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yea, time will tell. But this just doesn't wash as Jihadists. I think they would have used suicide bombers. On foot and in cars. The way this was set up would not kill enougb people to satisfy Jihadists.

Not even feeling close to making a big enough statement. And they would want immediate credit. It would be all over Al Jazeera and the chatter would be deafening. But Im just spitballin' here. Whoever did it, I hope they get to explain it to a SEAL team.
I disagree, I think that there is a strong possibility that the coordination came from the mid-east. The evidence is mounting up to that. Besides, in many cases, the point of a terrorist attack is to incite terror, scare or show vulnerability...not necessarily to produce maximum death tolls. Large events such as this are simply an opportunity to showcase that.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM

30 posts, read 26,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
A couple of red neck white guys were probably responsible. These devices looked like large but common pipe bombs...probably lit with a cigarette lighter. Then they just make a mad dash for it. Two super right wing nut jobs who rant about freedom and guns and the usual crap. Here is the part that really bothers me.

The media and their Washington instructors are already leaking out misinformation...That they suspect a dark skinned man dressed in black with an "accent" and to be on the look out for him....God Lord lets not start up this B S again. No one has a clue what really happened ....I did notice that Youtube had videos up in 10 minutes...The explosions looked like something a farm boy would create with some black powder to amuse themselves. I would predict that two twits did this...My sympathy to for the families of those that were murdered and I feel so sorry for the gravely injured.

I just hope this does not start up a new panic that will result in the crushing of more civil and human rights. My advice...don't let this crap get to you. The more they see panic or weeping the more these jerks will want to frighten citizens...Give them nothing.
It would be nice to get all the facts before we demonize any ethnic group.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,078,925 times
Quote:
No one has a clue what really happened.
Finally something we can agree on, just look at the crazy stuff that idiots on here are posting.

Quote:
A couple of red neck white guys were probably responsible. These devices looked like large but common pipe bombs...probably lit with a cigarette lighter. Then they just make a mad dash for it. Two super right wing nut jobs who rant about freedom and guns and the usual crap. Here is the part that really bothers me.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:51 PM

998 posts, read 1,218,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Just listening to the scanner, le said something like at 10 pm and the word bomb and go off.
I heard that also.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:51 PM

563 posts, read 809,668 times
I'm not sure if anyone already mentioned this but today is the anniversary of Israeli Independence and as you all know today is Tax Day. Both anniversaries are worth considering as factors of significance ......... Edit: And as mentioned below: Birthday of Kim-il Sung, founder of North Korea.

Last edited by never-more; 04-15-2013 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: update

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,039,252 times
White House: "Bombings were coordinated acts of terrorism".

Thank you for waiting for the facts and not jumping the gun in your statement earlier President Obama. Bill O'Reilly go to hell and take your adoring audience with you.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,348,542 times
It is also the birthday of the North Korean founder, the grandfather of the current leader.

North Korea issues new military threats on founder's birthday | Reuters

Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,717,001 times
I flipped over to Piers. He seems genuinely flustered that he can't somehow figure out how to tie guns to this.

Then I flipped to Maddow. My God, could that hideous woman scrunch up her face any more? What a silly woman. Maybe her ears are full of wax and she has to scrunch to hear better. Or somethin'.

Back to Animal Planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
White House: "Bombings were coordinated acts of terrorism".

Thank you for waiting for the facts and not jumping the gun in your statement earlier President Obama. Bill O'Reilly go to hell and take your adoring audience with you.
What facts would those be? No new facts have been discovered.

He merely bowed to pressure.

Funny, really. Such a silly little man.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,557,387 times
Seems like an organized effort, but no group has claimed responsibility.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,513,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Seems like an organized effort, but no group has claimed responsibility.
9/11 wasn't claimed immediately either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies