Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,276,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I flipped over to Piers. He seems genuinely flustered that he can't somehow figure out how to tie guns to this.

Then I flipped to Maddow. My God, could that hideous woman scrunch up her face any more? What a silly woman. Maybe her ears are full of wax and she has to scrunch to hear better. Or somethin'.

Back to Animal Planet.

What facts would those be? No new facts have been discovered.

He merely bowed to pressure.

Funny, really. Such a silly little man.
More blather from someone not interested in having a real conversation over the terrible events that happened today in Boston.

Just more insults and totally off topic. SS/DD

Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,835,666 times
Quote:
I flipped over to Piers. He seems genuinely flustered that he can't somehow figure out how to tie guns to this.

Then I flipped to Maddow. My God, could that hideous woman scrunch up her face any more? What a silly woman. Maybe her ears are full of wax and she has to scrunch to hear better. Or somethin'.

Back to Animal Planet.

He merely bowed to pressure.

Maddow has been discussing topics such as the great outreaches done by people such as donating blood, opening their homes to people that need it, as well people offering rides and other support. She has been discussing many of the good that can be shown even in tragic events.

I guess that's looked at as a bad thing to those on the radical right,...

Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,482,397 times
Quote:
Yes, if only we had a real adult like W in the White House again, so he could bomb Portugal in retaliation for this.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,555,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
9/11 wasn't claimed immediately either.
Good Point.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,366 times
[
Quote:
You know this how? You believe because nothing has been made public yet that the White House hasn't been given information, how naive are you exactly?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,844,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
White House: "Bombings were coordinated acts of terrorism".

Thank you for waiting for the facts and not jumping the gun in your statement earlier President Obama. Bill O'Reilly go to hell and take your adoring audience with you.
Coordinated acts? Yah a couple of goofs with home made pipe bombs who light the wicks at the same time and run for the hills...This was common hooliganism - I can't stand the fact that the White House ...... has allowed utterly manipulative mis-information to be seeded.....eg " A man who looked black or hand dark skin with and accent" THAT really makes me sick- people are severely injured a young child and adult are dead...and already they are trying to milk this thing for it's political juice.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,596,859 times
I have this in the back of my mind every time I go to a sporting event or concert. Going to the Padres/Dodger game Tuesday and I wonder if they will have some special precautions.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM

35 posts, read 32,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Adding on to the home grown idea, has anyone asked why the Boston Marathon? Why that specific event if this was some plot cooked up overseas? Sure the Boston area is one of the most well known events, but Boston is a small city so smaller numbers of potential victims. Why not the NYC or Chicago Marathons? Why not during some 4th of July event like what Boston holds at the Hatch Shell? A post Superbowl parade? Why not during today's Sox game? Why did the bombs go off at that time, vs. earlier in the day when runners were first crossing the finish line? Why that specific spot-why not take out the library or other institutions as well?

There are lots of smart students in Boston, wouldn't surprise me if one cooked up this scheme. Looks like an amateur job based on how many bombs were found vs. how many went off and the death toll is blessedly low.
It because the Boston Marathon is one of the most well known marathons around the world and draws a signficant number of runners from around the world and draws a huge crowd. Some people have speculated the bombs were designed to go off when they did becasue a large number of runners will be finjishing at that time and of course there will be many many spectators there to watch them finish. So it MAY have been designed to get a large number of casulties based on the time they went off.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,983,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I disagree, I think that there is a strong possibility that the coordination came from the mid-east. The evidence is mounting up to that. Besides, in many cases, the point of a terrorist attack is to incite terror, scare or show vulnerability...not necessarily to produce maximum death tolls. Large events such as this are simply an opportunity to showcase that.
No one has taken "credit" for the bombings yet. Don't the political types usually announce that they've done it?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:10 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,782,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No one has taken "credit" for the bombings yet. Don't the political types usually announce that they've done it?
Change of tactics. They are not done yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies