Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 06:40 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
On CNN they had a kid on the phone who went to high school with the younger one, said he was perfectly normal, they partied together. They didn't even know he had a brother. He worked at Harvard as a lifeguard and was a student at UMass Amherst.
Irrelevant. He turned into a radical terrorist and killed people. I guess he played a good role - most terrorists do.

196 posts, read 115,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Who the hell cares what they call them. As long as they get them.
The english term "gentleman" is defined as:

A chivalrous, courteous, or honorable man.
A man of good social position, esp. one of wealth and leisure.

The reporters who referred to them this way need an education at least....pillaried a possibility.

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
While I applaud your overall sentiment, but I think it's off-target in at least one way: Idiots such as those you refer to still affect the way our society works. They are led to unskillful choices, bigotry, selfishness, and other anti-social behaviors by those who benefit most from such offensiveness.
My concern was with this thread and Forum. Reality is a different subject.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,946 times
Lightbulb Yes, we DO know that he is a Muslim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A radical anything is bad. A radical muslim, a radical Christian, a radical Athiest... all bad. We're not doing him any favors labeling him a terrorist. He's a murderer from another country. That makes him a terrorist. He's likely Muslim, but we don't know. He's possibly a radical Muslim, but we don't know. But we will know. No need to jump the gun.

Btw, you aren't breaking anything to me. It's a shame... but like you said, you're the sorry one.

HIS FACEBOOK page states that HE IS A MUSLIM. Yes, he is MUSLIM. Unless he lied

And again, I am sure that there are nice Muslims, I have been friends with very kind Muslims.
I also have friends who are married to Muslims or in a mixed marriage. But, deep inside, they do
NOT like anything Western, Americans, Christians, etc. I have met Muslims from Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon,
Jordan, etc. and they all have one thing in common. They all believe that we as a country
export a lot of FILTH, via Hollywood. They believe that we have helped to corrupt them via
TV, movies & everything else we export. In addition, there is hatred due to our ongoing wars, invasions,
etc. They do not see us as their friends, but that we always butt in when we are not supposed to...
Our military participation has caused many deaths in the Middle East. Losing their loved ones, friends, etc.
is part of the reason for the hatred....Think about it, if you lost your parents, brothers, sisters, friends, because
Americans invade your country, over & over again how would you feel ? Its not an excuse, but it
explains why they are programmed to hate us from a very young age.... Even when they grow up here,
this is NOT HOME.
ISLAM means more to them than anything else, followed by family, country (where their family is from)
Not the US.

Again, I am sure there a lot of nice Muslims out there, I have met many of them.

But, in this case, we can see from the Military training, the ISLAM as world view. That this was
obviously planned in advanced... This spells HATRED! Which makes it sad...

And these two brothers went to the Latin School in Boston (from the FACEBOOK page) That is a very
difficult school to get into & stay in. So, they are very bright guys, yet their hatred for us
took over what could have been a bright future Why throw it all away? HATRED.....
Also, you can have someone with a problem, but 2 brothers, that is too much....

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-19-2013 at 07:00 AM..

1,000 posts, read 1,127,386 times
lets get something clear. These 2 guys were here legally.How come illegals or undocumented workers came into this discussion.

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Shhhhhh.....you know you can't say "illegal" or you'll hurt their feelings. The word is "undocumented". LOL. What a joke the US has become under Bambi's watch (I can't say leadership, as he hasn't shown any).
This might be the best post of the day!

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
The english term "gentleman" is defined as:

A chivalrous, courteous, or honorable man.
A man of good social position, esp. one of wealth and leisure.

The reporters who referred to them this way need an education at least....pillaried a possibility.

And some have called them guys, some have called them dudes, some have called them men.

So freaking what. It's not like these guys on the street are scripted.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Tamerlan, who studies at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston and wants to become an engineer, took the semester off from school to train for the competition.
Tamerlan fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.
Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."
If he wins enough fights... Tamerlan says he could be selected for the US Olympic team and be naturalized American. Unless his native Chechnya becomes independent, Tamerlan says he would rather compete for the United States than for Russia.
Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."

which is kind of weird. And it says he has been here 5 years not one so when was he trained?

Sounds like a lone radicalized kid to me.
The rest of the press is saying that the family immigrated here in 2002 or 2003. They've been here 10 years, and the boys grew up here, especially the youngest one.

2,932 posts, read 7,826,711 times
Wow a Chechnyan....literally from the Caucasus mountains. Couldn't get more Caucasian than that...

1,000 posts, read 1,127,386 times
BREAKING NEWS: Per #Scanner BPD have FOUND #BostonBombing #Watertown Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and are chasing him on foot through houses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies