Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh wait they will most likely ban backpacks and pressure cookers so this can never happen again and we will all be safe.
Don't SAY THAT!
You'll spark a run on Presto Pressure cookers and it will be IMPOSSIBLE to buy one.
Worse, if you happen to have more than one, you'll immediately be suspected of terrorist tendencies.
I will have to hide my collection of (ahem) sporting goods, uh, cooking aids, uh, "scary" sharp pieces of metal.

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Oh well, at least they didn't shoot any old Asian ladies delivering newspapers or shoot at surfer dudes. While there's always room for improvement, they did have one hell of an evening last night. They probably should have found him today all on their own, but stuff happens. We weren't there, we didn't see everything. Be happy for those people, they deserve it.

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
And you're at home complaining on CD.
Funny stuff
Yes if this guy was in Watertown/Boston, you can bet he would be out there on his own with his arsenal of guns helping the police hunt down this guy...not.

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
well, one business was allowed to stay open:

flickr/dasqfamily
Even though Boston is under a strict lockdown during the manhunt for bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Massachusetts-based Dunkin' Donuts remains open to serve first responders, BuzzFeed reports.
A Newton store manager told BuzzFeed, "There was an automated message going around telling businesses to close, but because we're Dunkin' Donuts, we called the police department and they said we didn't have to."

An official statement followed: "At the direction of authorities, select Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the Boston area are open to take care of the needs of law enforcement and first responders.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And you felt that while you were down there in your basement doing absolutely nothing while other people were putting their butts on the line....

Color everyone shocked.
It's hard work waiting for mom to bring you your olvatine and crustless P&J samich.

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
the much hated Russians warned U.S. about his brother, thats why the FBI questioned him, but didnt follow through, per cnn
FAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sounds familiar...the underwear bomber's father warned us about his son and the government didn't follow through either.
And they didn't follow through on Hasan either as they "missed" the warning signs.
For the two posts above, they can only catch the ones they frame. Real threats seem to be too much to handle until something happens. They pretty much ignored all of the 9/11 individuals as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I thought it was overkill as far as bringing in that many officers, swat teams, helicopters, buses loaded with military, and of course you average police officers , and of yes, police dogs,, the FBI and homeland security. And the police motorcycle brigade, and the bomb detonators, and the numerous hundreds of vehicles and I was wondering where they put the tanks and flame throwers and missile launchers.
They forget the bombers and fighter jets...they needed tactical support from above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Locking down a whole city showed great disrespect for the populace...I hope this was not part of some extremist fascist experiment.
Their reaction was extremely weird and seemed like a test. They should have spent more time searching the property around houses and the sewers instead of forcing their way into houses. What they did is in a legal gray area. I would love to see an individual or individuals challenge law enforcements actions in court. There needs to be more talk about their failed methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Just be glad it wasn't the Bush administration, he would have locked down Memphis and ignored Boston altogether.
LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Bunch of drivel the country survived fine without the enriching diversity from Chechnya, Somalia and other adherents of the religion of peace.
I don't agree with banning them from trying to become an American, there just needs to be better monitoring of individuals in these communities. The same type of monitoring should occur in other hate groups and gangs and the areas or ethnic communities that would support certain groups.

Anyways, I would like to say that I was listening to this live on a police scanner (which was cool...no middle man i.e. media) and I am amazed they got him alive. The way they were talking I was thinking he was going to bleed out or commit suicide.

Talk about opposites, I thought they would find him dead in a sewer instead they found him alive in a boat. I still think this is embarrassing for the police. They lose him (after they shot him up) and then cannot find him with thousands of men and the bonus of martial law.

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It was quite the show. Armored trucks rolling around courtesy of DHS doing nothing, Nat Guard vehicles parked here and there, cops bussed in to stand around and do nothing, people told to "bunker in place" like aliens had invaded. The only business open must have been the donut shops in the area.

What happens next time when some clowns do this in a couple cities? The whole country will be forced to bunker in place? It was nice of them to actually allow folks to drive home from work. What nice rulers they really are. Oh wait they will most likely ban backpacks and pressure cookers so this can never happen again and we will all be safe.
No one was forced, they were asked. And like most intelligent people, they were more than willing to help. Only the oddballs would object which is fine. It's not like they would have been arrested. What's up with some of you. You are so quick to criticize. If you don't like how this whole thing was conducted then please tell me how you would have handled it.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Oh well, at least they didn't shoot any old Asian ladies delivering newspapers or shoot at surfer dudes. While there's always room for improvement, they did have one hell of an evening last night. They probably should have found him today all on there own, but stuff happens. We weren't there, we didn't see everything. Be happy for those people, they deserve it.
let me add that I am happy for those people today, and it was really wonderful to see so many of them running to help the injured in the marathon--- it makes you realize that there are a lot of good brave people in this country, and they were truly risking their lives when they had no idea what was going on.

but we need to be more introspective to see why this is happening in the first place.

again, I still believe that if you give them (terrorists/attention seekers) a circus they will come-and that just isn't smart, or safe.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You probably couldn't find your face with a mirror.
Who would want to?

Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
I wonder if anyone was asked to have their homes raided by the swat teams rolling around town jumping at shadows?? I just call it how I see it. They wanted to see if people would become sheep afraid to pop their head out from one guy running around with pressure a pressure cooker. Hell they shut down Boston. Yes the sheep fell right in line like usual. See how easy it is to declare martial law without even doing it?? I guess you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies