Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,553,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Nothing says "freedom" to those on the right like having big brother watching over us.
After 9/11, W and the GOP created and passed the patriot act and the DHS, now GOP rep King is calling for more cameras to watch over us in the name of "safety"

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Franklin

GOP Rep. Peter King On Boston Bombing: "We Need More Cameras" | RealClearPolitics
meanwhile its the fascist liberals that are the party of big brother

39,922 posts, read 26,628,986 times
Quote:
Nothing says "freedom" to those on the right like having big brother watching over us.
After 9/11, W and the GOP created and passed the patriot act and the DHS, now GOP rep King is calling for more cameras to watch over us in the name of "safety"

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Franklin

GOP Rep. Peter King On Boston Bombing: "We Need More Cameras" | RealClearPolitics
I would have thought Monday would once again have demonstrated how helpless the government is at ensuring individual safety. The last thing we need is more of "big brother" and more cameras. For a GOPer, this guy sounds like a loon. Where's he from, NY or CA? (are there any Republicans in either?) Sounds more like something I'd expect from Diane Finestine, Bloomberg or Schumer.

1,635 posts, read 1,597,560 times
Quote:

King is a fool and a RINO. He supported the IRA in the 80s and 90s,so it is strange he now is against terrorism. He is also pro gun-control.

23,838 posts, read 23,179,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I know Peter. He may be a Republican but he happens to be right in this situation. The bombings in London were solved quickly because they have video everywhere.

Oh, when in public you have no expectation of privacy.
Where in the world do you come up with this crap? No expectation of privacy in public??? I understand the theory, but it is not all encompassing. "Public space" is the determining factor and is usually defined case by case.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 04-16-2013 at 10:18 PM..

Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 PM

311 posts, read 494,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Really? I see a lot of differences.
In the facade, the controlled media will want you to think that there is a difference, however behind closed doors, they are, more or less the same.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 PM

6,104 posts, read 6,006,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
More cameras = more government?

Maybe in moonbat liberal bizzaro world.......

More cameras mean more people to sit in front of monitor screens to analyze and interpret the live images or the millions of images collected on computer disks. It is tedious job but somebody needs to do it!

After all what does a video monitor show if no body is there to watch it. 21st Century Zen, think about it.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,082,529 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I see this thread is devoid of our resident "stay away from my guns you gun grabbers" but in the case of security cameras in public I am okay with. Security cameras in private areas, I am not, though I am sure my tv knows everything I am watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives love big government. The debate is never about big or small government. The debate is about who government will benefit.

conservatives hate millions of their fellow citizens and see them as moochers, lazy, immoral, takers, etc who are bleeding the nation dry. conservatives want small government for those Americans.
Glad to see the usual far lefties celebrate the death and destruction here in the nation..... nice to know they enjoy these types of incidents to play politics

I would say "have a heart" but none of you above appear to have one....

Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,842,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I would have thought Monday would once again have demonstrated how helpless the government is at ensuring individual safety. The last thing we need is more of "big brother" and more cameras. For a GOPer, this guy sounds like a loon. Where's he from, NY or CA? (are there any Republicans in either?) Sounds more like something I'd expect from Diane Finestine, Bloomberg or Schumer.
The GOP pretends to be for more freedom and less intrusion, but in reality they are for having a huge government police state.

Just like the patriot act and creating the DHS, the GOP thinks having big brother watching over everyone is the answer.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,709,378 times
Apparently the OP, who I fortunately can't read, doesn't know that the job of the government, the ONLY job of the government is to protect citizens from enemies, foreign or domestic.

That's not calling for more government. It's calling for government to do the job we're paying them to do.

It's all the other crap that needs to go.

Now you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, it was a Democrat Senate and Republican House that passed the original USAPATRIOT Act, and the Republican House and Democrat Senate recently passed a four year extension to the USAPATRIOT Act in 2011, which Obama signed. Just another typical liberal that has absolutely no clue about reality, as usual.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Glad to see the usual far lefties celebrate the death and destruction here in the nation..... nice to know they enjoy these types of incidents to play politics

I would say "have a heart" but none of you above appear to have one....
I'm pretty sure it's not just the heart they lack. At least not the only thing.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,872,790 times
Quote:
I bet if Obama or a democrat said the same thing King did, you would be saying the complete opposite
As would you.

Some people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies