Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You and everyone else of the same mind set got what you wanted. So why are still complaining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Provide proof that you don't have to have a back ground check in an internet sale...also provide proof that you don't need a back ground check at gun shows...
You do not need it unless the on-line seller is a dealer, or out of State. Same with gun shows, if the seller is a dealer, he will run the checks, but a lot of people go there to buy and sell firearms from private people. How can you not know these things when they have been debated back and forth for four months now? It is almost pointless to educate you on these matters, when you'll just come back tomorrow as clueless as today.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let's ban all guns and let the thugs win . They can break in any house without any fear of being shot by some law abiding citizen. Let's do that.. , no guns at all.. just let the black market have all the sales.
You don't even know what the debate is about. The debate is about background checks, not bans.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,626 times
Quote:
Lets not forget, he was DENIED the purchase of guns locally, and had to KILL his mother to get guns....

The left will not admit this....
How do you know that is why he killed his mother? Besides, if he killed his mother with a gun then it seems he already had a gun.............right?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You do not need it unless the on-line seller is a dealer, or out of State. Same with gun shows, if the seller is a dealer, he will run the checks, but a lot of people go there to buy and sell firearms from private people. How can you not know these things when they have been debated back and forth for four months now? It is almost pointless to educate you on these matters, when you'll just come back tomorrow as clueless as today.
Have you been to a gun show? Doubtful from the way you talk.

Have you ever bought a gun online? Doubtful from the way you talk.

Educate me, about what is needed to buy a gun? Now that's laughable..when the only thing you have provided is your word....

How about some proof...you know, some actual evidence that proves what you have said, I've asked a few times and the only thing I get is answers like what you provided, nothing.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
How do you know that is why he killed his mother? Besides, if he killed his mother with a gun then it seems he already had a gun.............right?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't know, he was denied guns locally, but yet his mother had guns....

You figure it out...

Old 04-18-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Have you been to a gun show? Doubtful from the way you talk.
Yes, many times.

Quote:
Have you ever bought a gun online? Doubtful from the way you talk.
Yes, many times.

Quote:
Educate me, about what is needed to buy a gun?
Yes, you need it since you obviously do not know. Your own comments prove it

Quote:
Now that's laughable..when the only thing you have provided is your word....

How about some proof...you know, some actual evidence that proves what you have said, I've asked a few times and the only thing I get is answers like what you provided, nothing.
I quoted the laws several times yesterday, yet here you are again as if I had said nothing. I can quote it again, and tomorrow you'll be bad just as ueducated as you are right now.

Let us first clarify your claim: You are saying that background check is ALWAYS needed when buying at a gun show, even from a non-dealer, and that background check is AWAYS required when buying on-line even from a non-dealer. That is what you said before. Is this still your claim?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, many times.
And you have seen people exchange money and not do a back ground check, at the gun show?

Quote:
Yes, many times.
Delivered to your house?

Quote:
Yes, you need it since you obviously do not know. Your own comments prove it
Nope, when you mix 2 things, like saying what you are, is no different than a person-person gun sale. This is why when you say "gun show loophole" you are really telling a lie....

Quote:
I quoted the laws several times yesterday, yet here you are again as if I had said nothing. I can quote it again, and tomorrow you'll be bad just as ueducated as you are right now.
Well, only if you apply the law they way you want to, at a gun show or over the internet, people may walk through a gun show, not as a true dealer, and maybe sell a gun, how does that fit into your "gun show loophole"?

Quote:
Let us first clarify your claim: You are saying that background check is ALWAYS needed when buying at a gun show, even from a non-dealer, and that background check is AWAYS required when buying on-line even from a non-dealer. That is what you said before. Is this still your claim?
No, let clarify your statements, if you are a visitor to a gun show and not at the actual gun show as a dealer, you are nothing more than visitor, and have the option to sell your gun. If you buy a gun from this on-line source, do they have it sent directly to your house?

You're cutting a thin line, and you know that. Be real with yourself and you know where I'm coming from...

Old 04-18-2013, 06:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,065,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Something like 86% of Americans favor expanding background checks. The GOP obstruction is a small setback now, but will be the gift that keeps on giving in 2014 and 2016 for Democrats.
Then it should be simple to get an amendment done.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
And you have seen people exchange money and not do a back ground check, at the gun show?
Two private people can do that anywhere, not only at a gun show

Quote:
Delivered to your house?
It is not a problem if you buy from a non-dealer in your State, and do not use USPS to ship it.

Quote:
Well, only if you apply the law they way you want to, at a gun show or over the internet, people may walk through a gun show, not as a true dealer, and maybe sell a gun, how does that fit into your "gun show loophole"?
I have not used the term, but you claimed you CANNOT buy a gun at a gun show without having to take the check, and now you admit it was a false claim. A lot of guns are traded at gun shows and at the parking lots of those events between private people, and the background checks are not required for those transactions. Apparently you were unaware of this.

Quote:
No, let clarify your statements, if you are a visitor to a gun show and not at the actual gun show as a dealer, you are nothing more than visitor, and have the option to sell your gun. If you buy a gun from this on-line source, do they have it sent directly to your house?
I already said it is OK, if it is coming from a private non-dealer seller in your own state. There is no federal law against such shipment as long as you do not use USPS. If you buy from an on-line licenced DEALER, then they are required to ship it to a local dealer who will perform the BGC.

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Quote:
You're cutting a thin line, and you know that. Be real with yourself and you know where I'm coming from.
Well, you had to take back your claims. I was right, and you were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies