Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Funny thing is that some of the nuts that are bashing the Boston response, are the ones that are or advocate for building underground bunkers and stockpiling weapons and food.

When the gubmint comes to getchya stay above ground and fight like men!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
One thing for certain, our media in US does not have any validity or integrity. Reporting an Arab national was responsible and spreading erroneous news, as usual.

Of course what can we expect from Fox or cnn, theres a reason Indep. media is increasing in ratings, and 'mainstream' corporate news cannot be trusted.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
He was bleeding heavily in the car. You can die from a flesh wound if you don't get the bleeding stopped, and he had no where to go to get help.

Now you're just repeating yourself because you don't have anything else to say, and for some reason you don't want to give credit where credit is due. Just why is that?
The only credit due is to the concerned citizens who found the suspects.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
I agree, we need to adopt the Israeli tactic for dealing with terrorism and have another country pay for our Homeland Security.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I can really see both sides of this.

But I wonder, what if bombs went off in 20 cities? Would we shut down all 20 cities? I worry that terrorists are watching our response and are taking notes and determining that explosives are an effective means of costing us maximum economic damage.
Thats exactly what would happen. And those 20 shut downs would cost the US economy $6 billion. Thats a lot of economic damage to inflict with just 20 cheap pipe bombs.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I agree, we need to adopt the Israeli tactic for dealing with terrorism and have another country pay for our Homeland Security.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Thats exactly what would happen. And those 20 shut downs would cost the US economy $6 billion. Thats a lot of economic damage to inflict with just 20 cheap pipe bombs.
What if martians invaded us and we needed to go on lockdown in the entire new england area.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What if martians invaded us and we needed to go on lockdown in the entire new england area.
I would hide in the basement with Tim Robbins.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Israel is quite different than Boston, they have walls and a defense system surrounding their state and they can easily lock down their borders, the assailants aren't going anywhere.

By the way, many of those attacks are suicide bombers no need to look) in addition to attacks at the border

Israelis should be last ones to compalin about what we did in Boston! It a Lockdown every single day of the year on the West Bank and Boston didn't wake up to military checkpoints throughout the City of Boston. The US Army didn't send tanks to make a show of force and to blast into rubble a few homes or apartment buildings containing suspected terrorists like the Israelis do on the West Bank. They also did not arrest a couple thgousand people of islamic heritage. Finally the USAF didn't send a few F-16s or F-15s to blast a few blocks in Cambridge or Watertown like the IDF routinely does in retailation on the West Bank, Lebanon and Gaza.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I wouldnt have a problem with it but do you know how many crybabies will come out and complain if we did that?

They have security checkpoints at shopping malls, IDF walking around on the streets and teachers with assault rifles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies