Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes I can read and my point sailed right over your head.
What is your point..the inability to make a effective comparison?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Workers fighting for more rights in a semi-fradulent and colluded financial system that systematically promotes drastic income disparity and debt, creates money out of thin air and allocates it to those people and institutions that are already in power while causing inflation and an ever-increasing cost of living for the common worker-Oh the horror!

Some of you need to stop accepting paychecks from your employer to truly be the slaves and serfs you strive to be.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What is your point..the inability to make a effective comparison?
You sir, are a burger flipper!

Follow the beef.

Last edited by Nonarchist; 04-24-2013 at 11:14 AM..

Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 AM

805 posts, read 1,161,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
You sir, are a burger flipper.

Follow the beef.
And what difference does it make if he is? I'm not understanding your point.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:23 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Chicago Tribune

The fight for $15 an hour for fast food workers in Chicago starts today. Fast food companies profits soar, while minimum wage workers barely make an existence.

One issue most people overlook is how the United States actually subsidizes these companies, most of the workers are eligible for food stamps and Medicaid, because of their poverty, the working poor. Those who put down Obamacare, should realize that Obamacare is all about ending the free ride for these companies, to not provide benefits to employees.

I am in solidarity with these workers. No fast food for me today.
I am glad you are in solidarity. Question, how much do you make? Is your job one that requires training?

If they raise all the wages of their workers, and then raise their prices to make up for the wages, and you are making the SAME wages, haven't you just requested your own wages to be deflated?

I put down Obamacare, because it's cost to the tax payers is ridiculous.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Chicago Tribune

The fight for $15 an hour for fast food workers in Chicago starts today. Fast food companies profits soar, while minimum wage workers barely make an existence.

One issue most people overlook is how the United States actually subsidizes these companies, most of the workers are eligible for food stamps and Medicaid, because of their poverty, the working poor. Those who put down Obamacare, should realize that Obamacare is all about ending the free ride for these companies, to not provide benefits to employees.

I am in solidarity with these workers. No fast food for me today.
No the government doesn't subsidize these companies when providing the working poor benefits. Where is it written ANYWHERE in the Constitution that it is a right that employers need to provide benefits to employees? Does the government subsidize these companies when providing benefits to people who dont work? What kind of logic is that? Ask how that logic is working out for Greece, Italy, France and the numerous other countries with these idiotic policies?

Good for the employees wanting better wages. How bout you edumacate yourself take some initiative and get a better job. Here in California some farm labor contractors are paying anyone who wants to work the fields $15 dollars and hour. DRIVEN specifically by market forces not some stupid government driven policy.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,547 times
Eh, let em protest. They are not going to get it. Let them walk, and let the teens walk in right behind them and learn those ENTRY level skills to better their lives.

Fast food was my first job. Learned some of the basics, moved on to much better things. Never did I think fast food would be a livable wage.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:10 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
And what difference does it make if he is? I'm not understanding your point.
Burger Flipper: noun - "A person practicing the intentional flip-floppery of subject matter comprehension with the objective of deflecting the meat of the point offered." (See feigning non-comprehension)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscation

Last edited by Nonarchist; 04-24-2013 at 11:26 AM..

Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
This sounds like a good policy. With unemployment at 9.5% maybe Illinois can get the unemployment rate up into the double digits.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Why do people always harp on organized workers? If you don't like your wages, organize yourself. Collective bargaining takes into account profit margins. If they are asking for $15 an hour, that means that the company is still making much more per hour on them than that. They are not going to get wages that are going to ruin the industry or bring prices up beyond market viability. Just because the public perceives fast food as an entry level job doesn't excuse high profit margins at the expense of workers. If they can afford to pay $15 an hour and still make profits for the company, this is just. Why are people so into the idea of a small group of individuals being worth millions and billions while millions of others live in poverty while working full time jobs? Without collective bargaining, that's what you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies