Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "Don't Taze me, Bro". Funny or not funny?
Funny as heck!! 42 68.85%
Not funny at all! 14 22.95%
I don't know. 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:45 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times

Advertisements

I thought it was hilarious and I think his court punishment should have been to do a tazing tour instead of writing the apology letters.
In the tazing tour they would go from city to city and he would have to get up on stage and be repeatedly tazed while telling people, this is what happens if you are an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
If you choose to challenge a police officer when he is upholding the law, If you choose to disobey a lawful request and resist in a violent manner then you deserve a good tasering. LOL Just obey the officer... If he's wrong thats why we have a court of law. I have no sympathy of those idiots of late who seem determined to create havoc.
I kind of like the one where the drunk woman got aggressive with the cop and he let her taste the taser. Sounded like a cat fight..
Beats the old days of getting a good thumping with a billy club.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:35 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If you choose to challenge a police officer when he is upholding the law, If you choose to disobey a lawful request and resist in a violent manner then you deserve a good tasering. LOL Just obey the officer... If he's wrong thats why we have a court of law. I have no sympathy of those idiots of late who seem determined to create havoc.
I kind of like the one where the drunk woman got aggressive with the cop and he let her taste the taser. Sounded like a cat fight..
Beats the old days of getting a good thumping with a billy club.
That is very true. You act like an idiot, you fight a cop, you are gonna get Tazed.

But hopefully, we will have more idiots like this soon so we can get some more funny videos.

Funny... or not funny??? That is the question... [I feel Shakespearish now]

Old 10-31-2007, 04:58 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,153,975 times
Hilarious - I sent that Ghostbusters bit out to friends for Halloween - Thanks!

Old 10-31-2007, 05:34 PM

478 posts, read 959,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
But hopefully, we will have more idiots like this soon so we can get some more funny videos.

Funny... or not funny??? That is the question... [I feel Shakespearish now]
Ah yes, another Christian value... taking pleasure in others pain...with a ... regardless of whether or not is deserved.

And I wasn't a psychology major, but it's pretty much on par with something you would learn in pysch101 - that those who cast dispersions and take true pleasure in witnessing events such as the tasering video - more often than not have some pretty deep rooted issues themselves - that they are trying to deflect from dealing with. It's ok, though - I'm sure there will be many more incidences like this in the future that will be brought to you by the in-your-face-media circus of today's world. It truly is the Golden Age of Cretinism. Get yer rocks off, Mister.

Also, if "Funny or not Funny".... is your best stab at Shakespeare, all I can say is... God Bless the American educational system.

PS: Great poll, by the way. Faux News could use a man like you.

Last edited by Berkshires413; 10-31-2007 at 05:57 PM..

Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,153,975 times
Whoa you are taking this way too seriously -- or is it that you see this as some agenda or you have some agenda?

Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,471,570 times
If you f up it's not funny.
If you didn't it's really not funny.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:53 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,578 times
wow Berkshire why bring Christians into this discussion?Can you hide your..
Seething hatred for christians?
The guy was an idiot and didnt break any laws but he should have shut up and..
Let kerry respond.He didnt fight the police/security?If he did really bad idea!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM

681 posts, read 2,359,360 times
I guess Berkshire's feeling a bit moody today....

"Don't taze me, Bro!" is absolutely hilarious because he added "Bro". Bro has so many connotations in itself that by adding it spun his outburst into an instant quotable classic. It would have been completely ordinary if he just said "Don't taze me!"

It's like Bogart saying "Here's looking at you, kid." It wouldn't have the same panache if he just said "Here's looking at you."

Old 08-20-2008, 03:15 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Truth is, it's VERY funny.

Evidence of its humor

More evidence
OMG the first one i literally lol'd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies