Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM

155 posts, read 110,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
People spending more than they make was their choice. It was from their own greed and materialism. I became self-employed a long time ago in an attempt to avoid all this drama but I must tell you, our government has huge issues with self-employed folks. It offers a level of independence that makes them squirm so they respond by making it more difficult.
You decide what you charge based on what I make. If I work more hours it doesn't benefit me it benefits you. If I don't work more hours and don't use credit then you can only charge what I can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,993,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If you think they wont, you're a complete fool, just like you guys said no one would outsource their insurance to the feds, and you said more people would have insurance, despite the CBO saying 7M will lose coverage, and you guys bought into the "insurance costs will be cut 3,000%" bs..
Once again you misrepresent what the CBO said:

Fewer people will have employer health insurance, CBO projects

Quote:
Many are expected to shift into the health insurance exchanges being set up under the Affordable Care Act. The number of people participating in those exchanges is projected to grow from 7 million in 2014 -- the first year they'll be available -- to 24 million in 2016.

The CBO's forecast revision was prompted by a change to the tax laws under the fiscal cliff deal in January, which made the Bush tax cuts permanent for all but the wealthiest Americans. The CBO had previously crunched the numbers thinking that tax rates would rise for everyone.

Since employer-provided health care insurance is not taxable, the CBO's theory is that the benefits aren't as valuable when tax rates are lower, said James Klein, president of the American Benefits Council, a trade association for large employers. So some workers -- particularly lower-income folks -- may find it more desirable to forgo their employer's coverage and seek insurance in the exchanges, where they may be eligible for a subsidy.

At the same time, employers with large, low-wage workforces may find it financially advantageous to withdraw health coverage, even if they have to pay penalties. The CBO expects penalties to total $130 billion over the next decade, up $13 billion from its previous forecast.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 AM

40,997 posts, read 49,412,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
You decide what you charge based on what I make. If I work more hours it doesn't benefit me it benefits you. If I don't work more hours and don't use credit then you can only charge what I can afford.
You didn't take any basic business classes did you? A company charges what the market (not just you) will bear.

Just because you can't afford a new Iphone does not mean 500 other people can't afford one.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,273,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Once again you misrepresent what the CBO said:

Fewer people will have employer health insurance, CBO projects
No I'm not.

If there are more people working fewer hours, then who the hell is paying for it?

I'm still waiting for you to list ONE town who grew into prosperity due to welfare spending increases.. The question isnt going away.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM

33,012 posts, read 27,553,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You didn't take any basic business classes did you? A company charges what the market (not just you) will bear.

Just because you can't afford a new Iphone does not mean 500 other people can't afford one.

and if I can't afford a new iPhone, others are free to enter the market and sell me an Android or even a McPhone.

but when i can't afford housing, nobody is allowed to enter the market and sell or rent me really cheap housing i can afford.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM

59,509 posts, read 27,639,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well I guess it's a way to shift state budget problems on to the Fed.
States are going to drop health insurance for workers under 30 hours and let them go on the exchanges.
A few states are limiting p/t to 29 hours as well.

Virginia already did this move to 29 hours and Washington state has a proposal to do the same.

I guess the CBO needs to do some recalculating if state/local governments are going to push their workers onto Obamacare.

Obamacare....EVERYONE come on in and get your subsidized health insurance. Uncle Sam has plenty of money.

Obamacare loophole lets states shift costs- MSN Money
Washington state, which is coping with a $1.2 billion budget shortfall, is considering pushing some of its employees out of the state health care plan and into exchanges created by the Affordable Care Act. The book keepers in Olympia say their plan would save the state $120 million over the next two years. However, it would just dump costs onto the federal government, since some low-income, part-time state employees and education workers may qualify for federal aid.
Virginia, for example, is now requiring all part-time employees to work 29 hours or less weekly to avoid incurring health care costs.
"Well I guess it's a way to shift state budget problems on to the Fed."

IMO, if the feds pass a law THEY should pay for it. Way too many unfunded mandates come from the fed forcing the state to pick up the tab.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

And there you have it folks. My point exactly. We as workers should only work three days a week. They can only charge what we can afford. (bear) Prices will drop instantly and we can enjoy some life instead of building a pyramid for Pharaoh. Oh how I wish for a real workers revolution

Old 04-26-2013, 06:11 AM

Default This is picture is so true.

Get a clue people

Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
and if I can't afford a new iPhone, others are free to enter the market and sell me an Android or even a McPhone.

but when i can't afford housing, nobody is allowed to enter the market and sell or rent me really cheap housing i can afford.
not only can they, but they are often times required to..

Ever hear of rent control?

Whats stopping you from earning more exactly?

Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
And there you have it folks. My point exactly. We as workers should only work three days a week. They can only charge what we can afford. (bear) Prices will drop instantly and we can enjoy some life instead of building a pyramid for Pharaoh. Oh how I wish for a real workers revolution
I cant possibly take you seriously..

You already can work as many days a week that you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies