Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:22 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Feelings hurt? I'm still figuring you out
LOL. Don't flatter yourself that you are capable of hurting my feelings. It really is impossible for you or others have to say to "hurt" my feelings. After all, this is the internet. If anything, I find people who are not willing to shed their ignorance and have convince themselves that they are knowledgeable about something when they clearly are not, to be quite amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM

367 posts, read 960,170 times
While I don't care for the idea of profiling people, it wasn't Irish nuns who flew those planes into the World Trade Center.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
LOL. Don't flatter yourself that you are capable of hurting my feelings. It really is impossible for you or others have to say to "hurt" my feelings. After all, this is the internet. If anything, I find people who are not willing to shed their ignorance and have convince themselves that they are knowledgeable about something when they clearly are not, to be quite amusing.
Hey I tried....

I actually feel all immigration should be stopped, until this is all figured out. For one thing we don't even have jobs for Americans let alone foreign people coming in. Since you don't live were the radicals do and you don't hang with radicals not sure what you think I should know.

The thread is about Islamic Muslims immigrating, what would you like to add that I don't already know?

Most radicals have claimed PEACE will never come until Israel and America are gone, and you think I should spend time getting to know them and their ways?

What happens if a Muslim that practices Islam doesn't preform all of the 5 pillars of Islam? All seem to be dead set rules except going to Mecca?

Dearborn, Michigan way do they think they can move to a part of the US and claim it's theirs? You claim these spokes people are not speaking for them, then why are you the only one claiming this, their own people NEVER disclaim it, why is that?

Muslims Are NOT Taking Over
I have looked up things and listened to them personally talk on how they want to destroy us. In this video above this guy seems to think a strip club and bar wouldn't be close by, yet all those on 9/11 were said to have attend both. Nothing like attending the biggest Mosque in America watch a strip show while drinking and prepare to kill Americans. The guy just walks around an empty place, the video wasn't very convincing. When they take the Koran literally, I have a problem with them.

How Illegals & Multiculturalism Destroyed Detroit
Notice Detroit is not worth living in since they arrived, why is that? In the article below seems Muslims and illegal Mexicans are what destroyed the Motor City!

Freedom of Speech anyone..........Dutch Cartoonist Arrested, Insulted Islam | Sweetness & Light

Look who's trying to control us........Prince Calls Fracking ‘A Threat’ To Saudi Arabia | Sweetness & Light

Remember when Barack Obama and other Democrats used to talk about our need to become less dependent on foreign sources like the Middle East for our energy?
Of course, they only said this to try to plow taxpayer dollars into their cronies’ green energy boondoggles. Some of which would be kicked back to them in the form of campaign contributions.
But isn’t it funny how they never talk about that now. Instead, they and their media minions are doing everything they can to fight fracking and shale oil in America.
Meanwhile, the oil interests in the Middle East haven’t been sitting on their hands. They have been helping to funding the war on fracking, too.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
While I don't care for the idea of profiling people, it wasn't Irish nuns who flew those planes into the World Trade Center.
Availability heuristic. Just because you remember one thing more vividly than others doesn't make its kind more common or real.

For you, and anyone else who may have missed it, here is some interesting reading for putting things into perspective. (Islamophobes - Shield your eyes!)

Surveys Show Muslims in Every Country Less Likely to Justify Killing Civilians than American Christians and Jews and Israelis

Muslims Are More Peaceful than Their Neighbors

Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil

Jewish Extremists Commit More Terror than Islamic Extremists

Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Nope, it wasn't. That's why I asked for clarification. You see, the First Amendment says a lot of different things. I want to know exactly what changes you would make and, as a bonus, I would like to know how you can justify nitpicking which religions should be protected by the U.S. Constitution after all this time of actual and true religious freedom.

...Well at least you didn't deny that you are as intolerant of different views as the Muslim extremists your kind is so worried about...
The only thing the 1st Amendment applies to in this case is the free exercise clause and, arguably, the free speech clause. Neither should protect a religion such as muslimism.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Availability heuristic. Just because you remember one thing more vividly than others doesn't make its kind more common or real.

For you, and anyone else who may have missed it, here is some interesting reading for putting things into perspective. (Islamophobes - Shield your eyes!)

Surveys Show Muslims in Every Country Less Likely to Justify Killing Civilians than American Christians and Jews and Israelis
Cartoon Muslim

It makes me wish we could pick our leaders like the first few khalifa's of Islam were chosen. The leaders did not run for office, the most pious among them were chosen. Ideally, this system would bypass all of this unnecessary drama of candidates arguing for why they are the best and increase the likelihood of choosing the most qualified and sincere leader. The only problem is that I don't think it's possible today. There is too much ego and too little sincerity. Democracy isn't bad, I just feel like it's not being implemented in a way that achieves it's purpose.

They can do this, but they kill others for the same thing.....look how they'd like to choose our President, this is NOT the AMERICAN WAY!!
Amazing how many chesty women are on the site. This will get people to read your link

I don't believe our country ever blamed American Muslims, but to think some were not involved is putting your head in the sand.
As you see below they don't get along with others very well there now do they?

Why would the non-Muslims of Dearborn “flee the city?†Race isn’t the issue, the issue is the forced accommodation to Muslim customs. Earlier in the 20th Century, Muslims attempted to moderate and integrate, but the effort was sabotaged by extremist elements.
Now this one is amazing how many Jews, Extreme left wing groups and Latino's. I kind of question Mormon extremists and American Indian Movement don't see much harm being done by these groups or if they even exist.
I think the biggest part in reading the links you provided is the constant use of Loon and right wingers when they are not the problem from the link you provided.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,792 times
Quote:

Muslims Are More Peaceful than Their Neighbors

Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil

Jewish Extremists Commit More Terror than Islamic Extremists
Some of those are blogs written by Muslims opinion, or Islamic sites and sources. Failed.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The only thing the 1st Amendment applies to in this case is the free exercise clause and, arguably, the free speech clause. Neither should protect a religion such as muslimism.
Naturally, I disagree. The very point of the First Amendment and the Constitution in general was to see to it that people were free (you know, actually free) to worship or follow any religion they wish. Anyone who would seek to take that right away from anyone is as anti-American as you can get. Yes, even more anti-American than a Muslim terrorist, because you are not trying to kill dozens or even hundreds of Americans - you are trying to destroy what it means to be an American in the first place. You're trying to corrupt the entire country for the present generation and all generations to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Some of those are blogs written by Muslims opinion, or Islamic sites and sources. Failed.
Citing reputable sources. Someone failed, to be sure, but it wasn't me.

People, just get past your prejudice, any way you can. It's embarrassing to be called an American alongside you. If you disagree with their religion, that's all fine and good. But let's stop pretending there is any practical or rational excuse to discriminate against Islam as a religion or Muslims as people. Get the facts, on Islam, on Sharia Law, on just how many Muslim immigrants are any more of a danger to us than the citizens we produce right here in the good ol' U.S. of A., and then we'll talk.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,690,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
He was not Christian. Some people do evil things and then wants to call themselves for "Christian" to give the religion a bad name.

There may be radicals in every religion and non-religion, but not as much as Islam. Open your eyes, seriously. There have been hundreds of radical Islamic acts by only one radical Islamic group since 9/11.

Which Christian nation kills people who are not Christians? Which Christian nation behead those who leave their faith? Which Christian nation behead homosexuals? Which Christian nation imposes Sharia law?
But what about hate attacks against non-christians in America??? Hatred against Muslims is growing in US.

JURUPA VALLEY: ‘Terrorist’ marked outside Sikh place of worship

This happened yesterday. Hate against foreigners-not only against Muslims but other religions like Sikhs, Hindus is growing.

Joplin mosque razed in fire; 2nd blaze this summer

This mosque was burnt down twice in Missouri. People forget Freedom of Religion in this case whenever attacks happen on minorities in USA.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
But what about hate attacks against non-christians in America??? Hatred against Muslims is growing in US.

JURUPA VALLEY: ‘Terrorist’ marked outside Sikh place of worship

This happened yesterday. Hate against foreigners-not only against Muslims but other religions like Sikhs, Hindus is growing.

Joplin mosque razed in fire; 2nd blaze this summer

This mosque was burnt down twice in Missouri. People forget Freedom of Religion in this case whenever attacks happen on minorities in USA.
Evidence that those people who burned down the mosque and Sikh attack were Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies