Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_limit View Post
I voted for Obama in 2008

I'm a liberal. So the rest of your pointless post doesn't apply
The comments you are making do not reflect you being liberal in any way. Nor does being liberal mean you cant be bigoted.

There is all that and there is the fact that all of your post are searchable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
And having a bisexual singer at his inauguration and rapper that preached about violence and drug use?

Please spare me the political correctness bull****
You are the one getting your knickers all in a twist about a series of jokes that you are trying to convince everyone else to be offended about it because it offends just your sensibilities. Everyone, liberal and conservative, are telling you to lighten up it's just a series of jokes and yet you are committed to just be offended and try and convince everyone else how offended they should be.

I've seen some really politically correct people with butts so tight diamonds would form between their cheeks, and even they would tell you to lighten up.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Remember this woman who actually sang a song that glamorized a prostitute:

Reba McEntire introduces President George H W Bush at the 1991 Country awards - YouTube

Oh, she also had a hit song about murdering people.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Probably the best joke of the night.

Really, the President of the US walked out to a comedy routine, to "All I Do Is Win" from DJ Khaled. Well done, Obama.
Heh. Well, he IS very good at it....

Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 PM

252 posts, read 258,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
This...some people will look for anything to rag on.
He's a role model for American children. Listening and surrounding himself with rappers?

Are you one of those parents that listens to rap around their children? Child abuse IMO

Old 04-28-2013, 10:08 PM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
And having a bisexual singer at his inauguration and rapper that preached about violence and drug use?

Give me a break! My post has absolutely nothing to do with political correctness, it simply shows how ignorant and pathetic your own post was since you stooped low enough to bring the president's race into your ridiculous argument. Some of you pull out the term "political correctness" whenever somebody calls you out on your own bull. Who gives a damn if someone is bisexual? What in the world does that have to do with anything? And unless that rapper is somehow influencing policy decisions, I couldn't care less that he attended the inauguration. These sound like issues that you personally have a problem with, and you seem to think everyone else should have a problem with them to. You can be as offended and embarrassed as you want, but don't try to push your ignorance onto other people. By the way, I see that you conveniently switched from how embarrassing his entrance song at the correspondents dinner supposedly was to talking about a bisexual and a rapper being at his inauguration. People love to try to change the subject when someone points out that they're full of s**t.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The comments you are making do not reflect you being liberal in any way. Nor does being liberal mean you cant be bigoted.

There is all that and there is the fact that all of your post are searchable.
Sorry, I don't believe in political correctness at the expense of society

Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
I voted for Obama in 2008

I'm a liberal. So the rest of your pointless post doesn't apply
In that case, you should know better. "AllI Do is Win" is a pretty obvious song to use as a joke, especially for a president that has been elected to a second term, particularly at a comedy event like the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Okay, so you agree with Michelle Malkin, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and so on, that black culture is profane. Well, I don't agree and I'll gladly fight the notion that all rap is evil. I expect that sort of stereotyping from guys like Rush Limbaugh, but I hold my own side to a higher standard.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
You are the one getting your knickers all in a twist about a series of jokes that you are trying to convince everyone else to be offended about it because it offends just your sensibilities. Everyone, liberal and conservative, are telling you to lighten up it's just a series of jokes and yet you are committed to just be offended and try and convince everyone else how offended they should be.

I've seen some really politically correct people with butts so tight diamonds would form between their cheeks, and even they would tell you to lighten up.
This is not the first time Obama has glorified rap culture.

Please try and keep up

Old 04-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:

When did Beyonce become bisexual, And Jay Z did preach about drugs and violence he said all of them were bad.

one of Jay Z's most famous lines. "I sold drugs so hopefully you wouldnt have to". If you are going to make an argument about a rapper being a bad influence, you might want to pick one that doesnt denounce his past, and one that isnt a current success outside of rap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies