Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,931,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Do you think Jesus likes the lazy? Did he not mention lazy in a bad light.. one can use this parable many different ways.. and one is lazy if they don't get their butt out of bed and go look for a job instead of collecting welfare for generations.. you tell me how that is profitable?
It doesn't matter if Jesus likes them or not, he commanded people to help them, regardless. Let Jesus/God be the judge in the afterlife. Didn't he say, "judge not, lest ye be judged"?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,228,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So the church in Germany had no obligation to speak out against Nazism?

What in the hell does the Christian faith stand for?
let is go for heaven's sake or do you want to make something out of my statement" for heavens sake? " I am not sure how you can compare Nazism with any of what most of us are discussing here? I am not even sure why you decided to bring into this conversation something about Jim Crow laws? Sometimes you seem to have a one tract agenda. Racial issues seem to enter into most every post you respond to or start. I think the time has come, at least for me to go onto other topics. This one is going nowhere fast..

Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,278,191 times
How is this for being very poor and still looking for a job.. and this guy got the $15 an hour job. God Bless Him.

Talk about having it hard.. the working poor of the USA..looking poor is no fun. This video is telling on how someone is trying to better themself without medicaid to fix their teeth. Getting a job is rewarding , sitting on ones butt waiting for the government to give one everything is wrong.

How to Temporarily "Fix" Some Bad Teeth for Under $3 - YouTube

Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
How is this for being very poor and still looking for a job.. and this guy got the $15 an hour job. God Bless Him.

Talk about having it hard.. the working poor of the USA..looking poor is no fun. This video is telling on how someone is trying to better themself without medicaid to fix their teeth. Getting a job is rewarding , sitting on ones butt waiting for the government to give one everything is wrong.

How to Temporarily "Fix" Some Bad Teeth for Under $3 - YouTube
Guess who will qualify for medicaid and get dental care in 2014 thanks to a liberal President? This dude if he lives in a state that has chosen to expand medicaid to adults at 130% of the poverty level or less. But I guess you'd rather him have the "rewarding" experience of fixing his teeth for $3 so you can have the satisfaction of knowing your tax dollars aren't going to anyone who could possibly be judged unworthy by your own assessment (which must be better than other peoples). Now he can get those teeth pulled which will prevent infections that can kill him.

Where were the Christians who are supposedly helping the poor when this guy needed some dental care so badly?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
It doesn't matter if Jesus likes them or not, he commanded people to help them, regardless. Let Jesus/God be the judge in the afterlife. Didn't he say, "judge not, lest ye be judged"?
Sure, if you judge , judgement will come back.. Jesus judged all through his ministry. He said to judge righteous judgement.. you run with one scripture.. you need a more even way to look at God's word.. all of God's word..

We judge all day long.. we have to.. we make decisions by judgement all day. We are commanded to judge.

John 7:24Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

2 Timothy 3:5-6
Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions.

The above commandment tells us to judge righteous judgement.. how can we follow this command without judgement?

[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,102,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
is the scientific evidence not enough? that the CO2 emissions thins the ozone layer, which protects us from the sun, which makes it hotter.. are ice caps not melting and polar bears now losing their habitat?? is the weather not going crazy with mass hurricanes (heat makes hurricanes manifest and grow better because the water, gulf of mexico being a very hot body of water during the north atlantic basin)

why it has to be either/or we can't have science and believe in a god??
All of those have valid explanations other than being man-made.

The earth has been behaving cyclically in this manner for a long time before the people started burning fossil fuels.

What does your either/or comment have to do with climate change?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,339,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
let is go for heaven's sake or do you want to make something out of my statement" for heavens sake? " I am not sure how you can compare Nazism with any of what most of us are discussing here? I am not even sure why you decided to bring into this conversation something about Jim Crow laws? Sometimes you seem to have a one tract agenda. Racial issues seem to enter into most every post you respond to or start. I think the time has come, at least for me to go onto other topics. This one is going nowhere fast..
Lol...what a cop out.

You can't defend the fecklessness of your religion when it comes to normal human decency, so you wanna make me out as the bad guy.

You think everything is fine, and that the church shouldn't address important issues. But you make up for your ineffectiveness by feeding a few poor people or donating some money.

But ok...back to the OP...

I still maintain that being upset about a pastor talking about Global Warming while accepting the notion that a man turned one fish into millions is the height of ridiculousness and stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Guess who will qualify for medicaid and get dental care in 2014 thanks to a liberal President? This dude if he lives in a state that has chosen to expand medicaid to adults at 130% of the poverty level or less. But I guess you'd rather him have the "rewarding" experience of fixing his teeth for $3 so you can have the satisfaction of knowing your tax dollars aren't going to anyone who could possibly be judged unworthy by your own assessment (which must be better than other peoples). Now he can get those teeth pulled which will prevent infections that can kill him.

Where were the Christians who are supposedly helping the poor when this guy needed some dental care so badly?
What about you? Can't find it in YOUR HEART or do you want them to go on welfare for life.
He got a job at $15 an hour because he wants some self worth.. like I did when I was poor.. I worked my way out of poverty taking every stinking kind of job I could find till I prospered. Nothing wrong with hard work and not taking freebees all the time. I had my own business and also worked side jobs for extras.. it is called being diligent to keep the wolf from the door.

This fellow probably would not qualify for Obamacare anyway, if he doesn't qualify now.. yet illegals come here and get benefits by Obama for a vote .. the working poor in America have gotten the shaft. I believe in taking care of your own first. God believes in a birth right. One born here should have that right FIRST! Your president doesn't believe in an American Birthright.. he is too concerned with the illegals getting freebees to take care of the real poor. It is flat out disgusting.. he isn't going to qualify and you know it.. one has to have babies to qualify and live off the welfare check the mother gets. How sick this country has become.

Quote:
Sure, if you judge , judgement will come back.. Jesus judged all through his ministry. He said to judge righteous judgement.. you run with one scripture.. you need a more even way to look at God's word.. all of God's word..

We judge all day long.. we have to.. we make decisions by judgement all day. We are commanded to judge.

John 7:24Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

2 Timothy 3:5-6
Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions.

The above commandment tells us to judge righteous judgement.. how can we follow this command without judgement?

[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
You have to look at scripture in the context it was written. First of all, Jesus is supposedly the Lord, so why is his word not hold more weight than the others? The idea that it doesn't makes no sense to me when there are contradictions to it written in other parts of the bible. Second, everything Paul wrote was address to Christian communities on how to handle their affairs with people who they lived in small Christian communities together. In regards to people outside of their small communities, he said, "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Everything Jesus spoke about was directed to believers on how they should JUDGE THEMSELVES, not on how they should judge other people.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...what a cop out.

You can't defend the fecklessness of your religion when it comes to normal human decency, so you wanna make me out as the bad guy.

You think everything is fine, and that the church shouldn't address important issues. But you make up for your ineffectiveness by feeding a few poor people or donating some money.

But ok...back to the OP...

I still maintain that being upset about a pastor talking about Global Warming while accepting the notion that a man turned one fish into millions is the height of ridiculousness and stupidity.
YOu really are eaten up with resentment toward white people.. your hate is eating you up.. kind of sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies