Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:23 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Jesus was a progressive liberal. Jesus' ministry's main contribution to humanity was the legitimization of progressive revisionism, the state of continuous revelation, new testament superseding old, superseded by the next few centuries of revelation, superseded by the next few centuries of revelation, ad infinitum.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:28 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Here. Let me fix this for you. The way you have it causes people to believe Jesus is interested in politics since revisionism is Marxism.

Here you go: Jesus is God and since He is unlimited, He is not a man who would be interested in politics. He is not bound by time and space. He sticks us in time and space, but He is not bound by it. He is not a rock, a tree, water, the beach, the thousands of different types of trees in a square mile in a tropical forest. He created them. If I have to name a "contribution," (which is silly since He created and controls everything), I would say His main interest is the salvation of man. He wants man to live in Heaven with Him since we are here on this earth for a little tiny speck of time. The New Testament may "supersede" the Old Testament, sort of, depending upon how you define "supersede," since Jesus' sacrifice created a new covenant with man, but it does not do away with it by any means.

Perhaps you are putting Jesus in a box, comparing him to Marx, because Jesus said it was easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into Heaven. He wants rich people to put their focus on Him, follow Him. Their money is to be used for what matters to Him--not what man thinks should be done with a rich person's money. That's greed and envy.

Shift your focus from this progressive revisionism--earthly, limited thinking--to what is important to Jesus--unlimited Heavenly thinking--and your thinking will be radically changed since this silly progressive revisionism cannot even be used in the same sentence as Jesus and is no where near what or who Jesus is.

Your friend--

carolac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Jesus was a progressive liberal. Jesus' ministry's main contribution to humanity was the legitimization of progressive revisionism, the state of continuous revelation, new testament superseding old, superseded by the next few centuries of revelation, superseded by the next few centuries of revelation, ad infinitum.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:42 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
revisionism is Marxism.
That's as far as one needs to go to know that your posting is utter nonsense.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I doubt if your pastor's political opinions have been a secret before this. The usual process for a congregation is to replace a pastor who is not in tune with them, for whatever reason.
If I were a member of a church in which the pastor's slant on life was not one I shared, I would go elsewhere. Pretty soon the collection plate would reflect the members dissatisfaction, and he would be replaced.
Anyone who thinks Al Gore is a source of useful information, is not someone I would look to for spiritual, or any other kind of guidance.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:59 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did modern day government even exist when the fictitious Jesus created Christianity.
What does it matter to someone who thinks it's a "fictitious" Jesus and, thereby, a fictitious Christianity created by Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Nothing is "superceded", nor is there continuous revelation. See the closing warning in the Book of Revelation about adding to it, or taking away.

God has revealed all we need to know, and cautioned people not to engage in interpretations, such as above, according to their own limited wisdom.

Jesus was fully God and fully man and the New Testament does not supercede the Old; it fulfills it (completes it, in other words), which means the OT is not discarded or replaced.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 AM

8 posts, read 4,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It really is that simple. If liberals had their way they would destroy the sun and declare the earth is now safe from global warming.
Congratulations, you win the prize for the most ridiculous statement I have read on this thread!

Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey1 View Post
Congratulations, you win the prize for the most ridiculous statement I have read on this thread!
No, it's right in line with the liberal Standard Operating Procedures. They turn everything upside down and inside out to make it LOOK different just to get their way. Funny, how easily uninformed voters fall for it when Democrats do that with the truth.

Remember how Obama did that during the campaigns? He's still doing that. Why change it when it works so well with the masses? Even as people realize they've been used, they still fawn over him slavishly.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
What does it matter to someone who thinks it's a "fictitious" Jesus and, thereby, a fictitious Christianity created by Him?

Nothing is "superceded", nor is there continuous revelation. See the closing warning in the Book of Revelation about adding to it, or taking away.

God has revealed all we need to know, and cautioned people not to engage in interpretations, such as above, according to their own limited wisdom.

Jesus was fully God and fully man and the New Testament does not supercede the Old; it fulfills it (completes it, in other words), which means the OT is not discarded or replaced.
I guess that is true, you can totally pretend your fictitious god when deer hunting with his semi automatic on his free time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies