Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,276,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
??????

Because THERE ARE NO VALID STUDIES PROVING GLOBAL WARMING!

The problem is that you, with no scientific background, do not understand this. This is how this hoax was so easily passed on to the public as fact- the vast majority of citizens have no scientific background or training to know any difference.

If there WAS SOUND SCIENCE supporting the contention of global warming, I would embrace it. However, when there is no valid data, supported by valid statistical analysis, it is an unproven contention. That is science. A cult, on the other hand, will believe a premise IN SPITE OF CONTRARY DATA- that is global warming.
By your logic there is nothing proven about global cooling or nothing happening at all. But you believe what you want.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,289,210 times
The global warming narrative will continue to be milked and liberals will continue to believe it as long as there is money to be made and power to be seized.

Why should we stifle economic growth because of a hypothesis we aren't 100% sure on?

I know most people think global warming questioners are ignorant young-earth creationists, but that is a stereotype and not reality. There are far more scientists who disagree with the party line on global warming than disagree with evolution.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,789,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
An argument worthy of a disingenuous lawyer. "Climate change" includes the period of rapid global warming/cooling that we now find ourselves in.

Where would I get proof? Do you understand what it takes to do this kind of scientific research? This is why people rely upon scientific consensus. If you want to know what that consensus is, read the link.

Oh, I get it. You equate scientific theory with guessing. Don't know much about science, do you. Oh well, feel free to educate yourself if you want to, although I'm guessing you don't want to. Very sad.
Hon, it's not worth it. The forum has been overrun by conservatives who keep saying the same thing over and over again. It's boring to argue with them and not worth your time.

Alright, I have to admit, the "big money" that the climate scientists are supposedly getting makes me chuckle every time. Also lol'd at the "how did all those big animals have enough oxygen to breathe" comment!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,177,874 times
Again, it's called global climate change. Why can't you people understand that? I find it beyond hilarious that regular joe schmo's think they know more than scientists who were actually schooled & do this for a living. What is that term? Arm chair quarterback's? I don't know, I just find it amusing.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:08 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,359,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Hon, it's not worth it. The forum has been overrun by conservatives who keep saying the same thing over and over again. It's boring to argue with them and not worth your time.

Alright, I have to admit, the "big money" that the climate scientists are supposedly getting makes me chuckle every time. Also lol'd at the "how did all those big animals have enough oxygen to breathe" comment!
Al Gore Worth 50 Times More Than He Was As Vice President

Granted he is not a scientist but there is a lot of money to be made. There would have been far more if there had been more than a minority suckered into it.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Again, it's called global climate change. Why can't you people understand that? I find it beyond hilarious that regular joe schmo's think they know more than scientists who were actually schooled & do this for a living. What is that term? Arm chair quarterback's? I don't know, I just find it amusing.
I've noticed that at least many of them admit that the climate is changing. That's an improvement from a couple of years ago, when they would deny that change was even occurring. I've also noticed that they're trying to use the same tactics as the creationists by claiming really loudly that the science is on their side. Which, obviously, it's not, but it's fun to watch them try to use those arguments.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,276,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
There is also a difference between climate change and global warming and I think people are getting the two confused.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Granted he is not a scientist but there is a lot of money to be made. There would have been far more if there had been more than a minority suckered into it.

Godwin's Law, Al Gore corollary. A climate change thread can't go more than 5 posts before Al Gore is invoked.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,177,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Godwin's Law, Al Gore corollary. A climate change thread can't go more than 5 posts before Al Gore is invoked.
Very good, I've noticed that as well.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,580,277 times
That must be why, of the past 12 years, around 10 of them were record breaking hot.

Yea, that's why the earths average temperature is climbing, global cooling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies