Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,056 times

Advertisements

Collins averaged 1.1 ppg last season. A truly mediocre player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Not really. In the last 40 years I have seen the whole thing develop into this modern cause pushing homosexuality into the mainstream and normalization. I have nothing against gays and lesbians but it is far fetched to say that they are just like the rest of us. They are not. They are not the same as the majority...they are different. Some are born sexless. Some are created through abuse. Some choose to take their pleasure with the same sex....and some are as we see today - encouraged and indoctrinated.

Homo sexuality is not really sexuality. In some homosexual acts no sexual organs are used. So why do we insist on referring to this as something to do with real sex? There is nothing wrong with showing love to the opposite sex or the same sex...BUT the attempt to sexualize what in some cases might be a non-sexual human being suggests abuse of a human being,.In prior eras common sodomy was practiced by straight males - who dominated submissive sexless males. I just don't believe that homosexuality is for the most part about love.

No one fully understands modern versions of homosexuality and it is truly "bizarre" that society actually believes they fully understand the phenomena to any full degree.
You have a truly bizarre idea of human sexuality.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then don't post on threads about gay issues. Change the TV channel if a news story comes on. Skip any newspaper articles about it.

I do this every day with topics that I am not interested in.
I only have 250 channels. Believe me, I'm looking for a channel.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Obviously, this defection from heterosexuality is one more obvious chapter in the homosexual conspiracy to tear this nation apart and force everyone to accept a perverted lifestyle. Yes? No, I don't think so. For almost all of us, this should be a non-issue. Maybe now, though, professional athletes will be asked to take an oath ... gay? Or straight? Or .... if it feels good, just do it? Hmmm.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Veteran NBA Center Jason Collins:

The floodgates will now be opened. One can only wonder where this will lead. Will this diminish the stature of professional athletes? Will straight children now look to gay men as role models? What happens when players on opposite sides of the ball are married to each other? We have brothers facing each other now, but husbands and "wives"?

So...this is the only gay person in professional sports? What's your point, here?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I only have 250 channels. Believe me, I'm looking for a channel.
Funny. I have only seen one short segment on this story or any gay issue all day. My TV has been on since I got out of bed this morning.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Not really. In the last 40 years I have seen the whole thing develop into this modern cause pushing homosexuality into the mainstream and normalization. I have nothing against gays and lesbians but it is far fetched to say that they are just like the rest of us. They are not. They are not the same as the majority...they are different. Some are born sexless. Some are created through abuse. Some choose to take their pleasure with the same sex....and some are as we see today - encouraged and indoctrinated.

Homo sexuality is not really sexuality. In some homosexual acts no sexual organs are used. So why do we insist on referring to this as something to do with real sex? There is nothing wrong with showing love to the opposite sex or the same sex...BUT the attempt to sexualize what in some cases might be a non-sexual human being suggests abuse of a human being,.In prior eras common sodomy was practiced by straight males - who dominated submissive sexless males. I just don't believe that homosexuality is for the most part about love.

No one fully understands modern versions of homosexuality and it is truly "bizarre" that society actually believes they fully understand the phenomena to any full degree.

wwwhhhaaaatttt????

Skipped human sexuality class in school?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Obviously, this defection from heterosexuality is one more obvious chapter in the homosexual conspiracy to tear this nation apart and force everyone to accept a perverted lifestyle. Yes? No, I don't think so. For almost all of us, this should be a non-issue. Maybe now, though, professional athletes will be asked to take an oath ... gay? Or straight? Or .... if it feels good, just do it? Hmmm.
The day is coming when no one will care either way. There will be no podiums or rainbow flags. It will just be people's personal business.

Like this guy being put on the cover of SI. What a joke, he's done with his career and he was always mediocre at best. He would have never been put on SI for his basketball skills.

What a total joke, they are treating him like he's Jackie Robinson or something.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 AM

353 posts, read 395,446 times
I don't understand why he felt the need to tell the world about his sexuality. If he wanted to share this information with people, Why didn't he just tell his family, friends and team mates? Why the need for the microphones and ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, etc cameras?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:40 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Collins averaged 1.1 ppg last season. A truly mediocre player.
Isn't that great. That even Gay folk can be a mediocre NBA player. That Gay folk dont have to be super Heros...

They are just plain every day folk like the rest of us...all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies