Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's what you are trying to do. You are trying to move the goal post past the part where MINORITIES ARE DOING WORSE UNDER OBAMA.
As it was already explained to you on that Romney thread a while back, you are arguing about a decline that was already in place. you are simply using arbitrary dates to make that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
With Obama, the wealth gap between whites and blacks/latinos has widened. He's certainly not doing them any good, even though they voted him into office:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/bu...anted=all&_r=1&
So the people that have money are not hiring (at least domestically), Republicans don't want to do anything about that, but then want to point out the result b/c...... they're trying to be a-holes? I don't get it.

It would be like me cutting off the water that you use for your lawn, then pointing out all your dead grass. That would make me an a-hole, right?

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 04-29-2013 at 03:06 PM..

Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As it was already explained to you on that Romney thread a while back, you are arguing about a decline that was already in place. you are simply using arbitrary dates to make that point.
Well, I was going to try to get in before the Blame Bush junk showed up... but here it is....

nice.

serously this is a serious issue and I have not heard Barak Obama say a blessed thing about it. face it your idiology needs poor state clients. you can just live with minorities being poor for generations. you need that to keep power.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you guys are funny. the word recession in the title does not undo the content of the thread.

you guys have to deflect to avoid dealing with the harsh reality that Obama's tenure as president has been dreadful for the economic health of people of color.
no deflection needed, Your argument is that It is Obama's policies that have hurt people of color, tell us which policies these are ?

The 113th, 112th, and 11th congresses have passed less legislation than any 3 consecutive congresses in the last 100 years. At best you will name an Obama policy you dont agree with, but shows no evidence that they hurt the communities of people of color, at worst you will name a Bush policy that is still in effect that republicans filibustered to keep in place.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:01 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
no deflection needed, Your argument is that It is Obama's policies that have hurt people of color, tell us which policies these are ?

The 113th, 112th, and 11th congresses have passed less legislation than any 3 consecutive congresses in the last 100 years. At best you will name an Obama policy you dont agree with, but shows no evidence that they hurt the communities of people of color, at worst you will name a Bush policy that is still in effect that republicans filibustered to keep in place.
Well I think it is wonderful that congress has slowed down the rate of bulling the American People. My dad has said all my life, that congress ought to be forced to repeal 2 laws for every new one they make.
I am predisposed to seeing inaction as a positive.

Now back to Bammer. dude spent the first two years of his presidency with the largest majority in congress of any president in my lifetime.

While the economy was sinking like a rock, he was focused like a laser on everything EXCEPT the economy. instead of things that fixed the economy we saw Obamacare.

So yea Bammer had a solid chance to get things fixed and he ignored the issue.

move along. admit the truth. you NEED POOR PEOPLE. They vote for liberal goodies.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Well, I was going to try to get in before the Blame Bush junk showed up... but here it is....

nice.

serously this is a serious issue and I have not heard Barak Obama say a blessed thing about it. face it your idiology needs poor state clients. you can just live with minorities being poor for generations. you need that to keep power.
Barack Obama's plan was for advancement though education and job retraining. 2 things the republican party has continued to defund on a local and state level.

Do you know what was in the economic stimulus package of 2009 ?? Job retraining programs for community colleges and universities so that those out of work could learn new, more innovative skills to find better jobs. You know what else was in there, money for GED programs, single mothers college tuition, community development( community centers, parks, access to organizational tools).

the fact that you are arguing that President Obama has done nothing or said nothing tells me that you have simply not been listening or attempted to do your own research.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
We're not in a recession.

Thanks for playing.
Okay then.

Disregard the income gap.

Tell that to the 10's of millions who cannot find a job.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Well I think it is wonderful that congress has slowed down the rate of bulling the American People. My dad has said all my life, that congress ought to be forced to repeal 2 laws for every new one they make.
I am predisposed to seeing inaction as a positive.

Now back to Bammer. dude spent the first two years of his presidency with the largest majority in congress of any president in my lifetime.

While the economy was sinking like a rock, he was focused like a laser on everything EXCEPT the economy. instead of things that fixed the economy we saw Obamacare.

So yea Bammer had a solid chance to get things fixed and he ignored the issue.

move along. admit the truth. you NEED POOR PEOPLE. They vote for liberal goodies.
having a super majority for 3 weeks(yes only 3 weeks) is nice and all but it doesnt amount to anything when the other 40 weeks of a simple majorty are filled with filibusters.

yes, along with the least laws passing in the last 100 years, these congresses also amount for the most filibusters in our nation's history.

Republicans keep revising history as if President Obama had some untouchable majority, he never did (other than the 3 weeks mentioned)

Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Barack Obama's plan was for advancement though education and job retraining. 2 things the republican party has continued to defund on a local and state level.

Do you know what was in the economic stimulus package of 2009 ?? Job retraining programs for community colleges and universities so that those out of work could learn new, more innovative skills to find better jobs. You know what else was in there, money for GED programs, single mothers college tuition, community development( community centers, parks, access to organizational tools).

the fact that you are arguing that President Obama has done nothing or said nothing tells me that you have simply not been listening or attempted to do your own research.
Yet, unemployment is still where it was the day he took office, we're 7 trillion more in debt, welfare dependence has doubled.

We're doing great!

Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
We're not in a recession.

Thanks for playing.
Unless you are a black or Hispanic person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies