Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 AM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is the OP's implication that these people are rioting because they are black, and that white people on Spring Break in Daytona never fight or get arrested? Huh.

I suppose you could also put it down to them being drunk and male, but that's not as titillating.
Another question is this. What is the point in linking skin color to behavior? What kind of agenda is behind it? Why would someone want to say "Blacks do this because they are Black" or "Blacks are a problem"?

Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 AM

107 posts, read 116,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've thought about this. What is the point of discussing skin tone if one's skin tone is not related to one's behavior. One's skin color does not make a person commit stupid behaviors. A pack mentality might. What good is discussing skin color if no solutions can be brought from that?
Actually according to science your race does affect your behavioral tendencies...and your intelligence. But that's another subject entirely that I'm not willing to dive into.

The fact of the matter here is race is a factor. For example: 70% of black children are raised by single parents compared to only 20% of white children. Those 70% of black children could likely not have been raised properly and as a result we have wild black teens running rampant. This is a cultural/social thing. It's culturally acceptable among blacks to have unprotected sex and have children out of wedlock (otherwise 70% of black children wouldn't be raised in single parent house holds.)

That's one example of why race is a factor. I don't know why this is such a hard concept for "color blind" people to understand. You're honestly trying too hard to ignore it or you're just very naive to reality.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 AM

600 posts, read 660,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
This kind of garbage happens every single year when it becomes warm. And yet every single time the media ignores it. Why? Why is it okay to report on violence when the perps are anything but black?

This is getting out of hand and someone needs to step up to the plate and start reporting on this degeneracy. Black mob violence is a major issue that's gone entirely unresolved and appears to be getting progressively worse as years go by. We're due for some pretty horrific black mob violence this summer when it warms up in places like Philidelphia and Chicago and only a handful of local media outlets will report on these events of mass violence.

Disgusting.
nice, trying to use these series of incidents to justify your racism!

and if you think theres only violence when 'black' college students congregate; then you're out of your mind and probably never went to college yourself!

it would be like me accusing all whites of being serial killers or mass shooters because the vast majority of those perpetrators are white

get it together!

having said that, I'm very familiar with the Hampton Roads area and definitely feel the Virginia Beach oceanfront is not an appropriate venue for Black College week or Greek Fest or any ultra large college event (black, white, brown, yellow, etc). its way too small and conservative for that...

Old 05-02-2013, 12:29 AM

600 posts, read 660,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
Actually according to science your race does affect your behavioral tendencies...and your intelligence. But that's another subject entirely that I'm not willing to dive into.

The fact of the matter here is race is a factor. For example: 70% of black children are raised by single parents compared to only 20% of white children. Those 70% of black children could likely not have been raised properly and as a result we have wild black teens running rampant. This is a cultural/social thing. It's culturally acceptable among blacks to have unprotected sex and have children out of wedlock (otherwise 70% of black children wouldn't be raised in single parent house holds.)

That's one example of why race is a factor. I don't know why this is such a hard concept for "color blind" people to understand. You're honestly trying too hard to ignore it or you're just very naive to reality.
complete ignorance!

you're using socioeconomic stats as a genetic race based argument, and its disgusting!

guess you'll just ignore all of the history of Black Americans in this country that somehow might explain while the black community experiences higher levels of out of wedlock births

so in your mind hundreds of years of slavery, discrimination, and lack of civil rights would have no effect on a given population

Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post

and if you think theres only violence when 'black' college students congregate; then you're out of your mind and probably never went to college yourself!

it would be like me accusing all whites of being serial killers or mass shooters because the vast majority of those perpetrators are white

get it together!
I have seen videos of White college students rioting after college sporting events. I know this isn't limited to Black people. However, it is more apparent that this story is being used as a way of say "Black people are violent". Considering some of the posts that have been made, this was started as a way to bash Black people.

Quote:
having said that, I'm very familiar with the Hampton Roads area and definitely feel the Virginia Beach oceanfront is not an appropriate venue for Black College week or Greek Fest or any ultra large college event (black, white, brown, yellow, etc). its way too small and conservative for that...
I thought about something else too. Another irony is that I know VB/Norfolk mainly for its military role. That is what I think of when I think of VB.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
complete ignorance!

you're using socioeconomic stats as a genetic race based argument, and its disgusting!

guess you'll just ignore all of the history of Black Americans in this country that somehow might explain while the black community experiences higher levels of out of wedlock births

so in your mind hundreds of years of slavery, discrimination, and lack of civil rights would have no effect on a given population
I disagree somewhat regarding the reason for out of wedlock births. However, it is quite disturbing when one basically ignores history, as if to say "history doesn't count". Comments that include "genetics" basically show the intent of bringing up "Beach Week" and "violence". It wasn't to talk about the coverage in the media. It was to basically "bash" Blacks. Evidence of this is the way this topic is discussed. No kind of solutions being offered, except by some people.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 AM

107 posts, read 116,893 times
Quote:

get it together!

Name me one violent white mob incident in the past 3 years. For every one of those incidents you give me, I can give you 10 more black mob violence incidents.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
uh, no. You didn't hit a sore spot with me, loco.
This is the thing. This event is being used as an excuse to rant about Black people as a whole. One post has even been made saying "Blacks are incapable of civilization" and claiming part of it as "genetics". When stuff like that gets said, the intent is obvious.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:27 AM

252 posts, read 258,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the thing. This event is being used as an excuse to rant about Black people as a whole. One post has even been made saying "Blacks are incapable of civilization" and claiming part of it as "genetics". When stuff like that gets said, the intent is obvious.
When will blacks finally turn turn off the Rap?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_limit View Post
When will blacks finally turn turn off the Rap?
There is a certain irony to this statement. The largest consumer of rap music is young, suburban Whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies