Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 07:47 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Oh I don't know, maybe 40000 individuals going bananas on the beach, wrecking everything in sight and assaulting people of another certain color is everyday ho-hum to you but its kind of concerning to a lot of us.
I guess it depends on how you were brought up or how far you have your head up I mean in the sand.
Do you know for a fact it was 40,000 people causing violence? Were you there?

And as for how I was brought up, I was brought up in a 2 parent household. I went to college and graduated. I never went to any beaches for Spring Break. I would have no idea what goes on, as I am not around alot of crowds.

For me, it isn't ho-hum. For me, I know what's going on. I've never denied it. For me, it is a matter of WHY this is brought up. Usually, when it has to do with race, the main reason I've seen is a reason to basically "bash the Black population".

Old 05-01-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Anyone who does know about spring break problems since the 60's has their head i the sand. Alot drink;get out of control and go to jial. its coomon knowledge and promote by those beach communties ;so it no shock hearing this.
Or maybe it's because some people don't go to beaches on Spring Break. All I've ever heard of was the drinking, but other than that, I really don't know what goes on. I never had the interest to know. I never cared because I figured "I don't got there, I'm not into the Spring Break culture, so who cares what I know". It isn't a shock for me to hear about rioting at beaches because it has happened before. However, this incident was a first for me because I'm just now hearing about it.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
it is saddenig to see that what people in the community have a problem with is how black on black violence is reported not a problem with black on black violence. my great hope is to see this change.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I've heard of Korean college students rioting against their govt, US Army presence, but never heard of them rioting because some new tennis shoes went on sale or because HUD ran out of section 8 vouchers.
Hmmmm, not a good comparison.
Try again.
Never seen 40000 white kids wreck a beach and beat people senseless because they're a certain color.
If that happened to blacks you know oblamer and cnn would be all over it.
No, blacks are out of control. Bad culture.
Try again.
My point was that violence can happen anywhere.

And as for wrecking the beach, how do you know some of the Blacks were doing this because of skin color? Better yet, how do you know all 40,000 Blacks were wrecking the beach? Attending the event does not equate to participating in wrecking the beach.

And I disagree with your last statement. Most Blacks are not out of control. It is a specific segment of the Black population that is out of control, and it is that segment doing most of the violent behavior. When you said "Blacks are out of control", you didn't say some, or many. You just said "Blacks" as a broad-sweeping statement. You're basically saying I'm out of control. I'm Black. Does that mean I'm out of control?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it is saddenig to see that what people in the community have a problem with is how black on black violence is reported not a problem with black on black violence. my great hope is to see this change.
It is quite sad to see this happen. Another trend I'm noticing is this. With this issue of violence being committed by some Blacks, I notice that rather than discussing this issue at hand, it turns into "discuss Black people" and "discuss everything bad about Black people".

Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Two examples is hardly "most". Again, speculation on your part as to the axe to grind.

I have never seen the posts that you've lumped in with my response. In the future, please refrain from insinuating that I in any way am associated with posts that were edited or in no way represent my opinion.
Actually, before one of this posts was edited, someone was saying "I'm tired of Black people". That right there basically said that someone had an axe to grind as far as race went. I'm not speculating.

And when did I once insinuate that you were associated with the posts that were edited?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is quite sad to see this happen. Another trend I'm noticing is this. With this issue of violence being committed by some Blacks, I notice that rather than discussing this issue at hand, it turns into "discuss Black people" and "discuss everything bad about Black people".
yes censor does seem to be the #1 priority not the violence itself
shutting people up is much easier than dealing with the issues. when we stop looking at skin tone and deal with the violence it will get better.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
yes censor does seem to be the #1 priority not the violence itself
shutting people up is much easier than dealing with the issues. when we stop looking at skin tone and deal with the violence it will get better.
If we put more energy into solving the problem, rather than participate in race bashing, then the problems can and will be solved. One question to ask is why did this violence start in the first place?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If we put more energy into solving the problem, rather than participate in race bashing, then the problems can and will be solved. One question to ask is why did this violence start in the first place?
a great place to start. but there has been no bashing at least by me. lets talk about why violence was appropriate when wrong things were done at the event.
was it really the only possible solution?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
a great place to start. but there has been no bashing at least by me. lets talk about why violence was appropriate when wrong things were done at the event.
was it really the only possible solution?
I know there has been no bashing by you. I was talking about how bashing has been done by other people. As to why the violence occurred, well, I can't think of any good reasons. I don't know what happened to cause an altercation. Something had to have transpired. It could not have been something random, unless it was alcohol related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies