Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 06:14 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
YOU REALLY SHOULD BE WEARING YOUR tinfoil!

The NRA itself tried to debunk the myth last year, writing, "Much of the concern stems from a lack of understanding of the law enforcement functions carried about by officers in small federal agencies... Today, there are more than enough actual threats to the Second Amendment to keep gun owners busy... there is no need to invent additional threats to our rights."

Still, since President Obama's re-election in November -- and particularly after the mass shooting in Newtown, Conn. -- the demand for ammunition has increased, according to the Associated Press.

Ammo conspiracy theory inspires new bill - CBS News
All you have to do is walk into Walmart or Cabelas or Kittery Trading Post and ASK the salesmen or Manager why they don't have any ammo on the shelves. They'll tell you that they simply can't get it, from any supplier--they order ten thousand boxes, and and are lucky to get a few boxes (50 or 100 rounds) every two weeks. They have a hundred customers a day wanting to buy ammo, all of which are turned away empty-handed--if there was ANY way to get some to buy, they would have found it.

And we all should know by now that the mass media is NOT an unbiased source--it is owned by very rich (liberal) people with their own agendas, and nothing will be "reported" that doesn't fit in with that agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Dont know, how many times have people been shot at gun shows, gun ranges, or just playing with a gun like an idiot?
Yep. It would be interesting to know what percentage of these people of which you speak, were cops, or other types of "professionals", who carry a gun as part of making a living. I , personally, know, of five different instances, with our local LE, involving shot off toes, a wounded range partner, a nice hole in a right butt cheek, exiting on the thigh, a right leg being lost, and a holle through the left hand. All cops, all being idiots. But hey, TRUST your police. 911 is your freid, always.

Now that I think about it, I need to add this one: A military police off icer, on the Naval station near here, ( Fallon NAS) was playing with his issue Berreta. Tracking a kid on a bicycle through his window. He pulled the trigger, and killed the kid. Yea, I'm there on idiots with guns. Especially the ones who are "trained professionals". You know them, right? They are the only ones who "need" firearms. After all, they REALLY know what they are doing, yes?

Last edited by NVplumber; 05-11-2013 at 09:00 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 08:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
ammo is scarce. dont waste it on the range if you can already shoot. trust me they are documenting carefully your visits to any range. active gun use will be used to track who has them. the degree of effort and money that has been spent attempting to disarm certain portions of the population is numbing. the scary part is the people they have not even attempted to disarm. when is the last time LAPD tried to disarm latin kings?

Old 05-11-2013, 09:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ammo is scarce. dont waste it on the range if you can already shoot. trust me they are documenting carefully your visits to any range. active gun use will be used to track who has them. the degree of effort and money that has been spent attempting to disarm certain portions of the population is numbing. the scary part is the people they have not even attempted to disarm. when is the last time LAPD tried to disarm latin kings?
Maybe in Cal where you live but i doubt anyone is paying any attention to the ranges in NH..... here you belong so there is a record with out paying any attention and you just go when you like. Mostly there is no one there unless there is another shooter.

I don't go to a range as it is just easier for me to open the door and take a few steps. I do a garden about 100 x 60 and take a .22 tack driver out there with me then. I kill any varmints i see as best i can. That amounts to rodents mainly like red squirrels, and assorted garden nuisances.

These city slicks calling us gun nuts are funny........ I wonder what it's like to eat GMO foods and have no male skill sets... What do they do buy cars often to display they have balls?

Maybe they don't have any balls and their wives run the show. Girlie men.......

I was at walmart tonight but forgot to check on any ammo.... I have bricks and ammo for all sorts of everything up the wazzo..... I stocked up when 16 ga was getting harder to find...... That was light years ago. Bought up 1,000 rnds cases when ammo for .308 was less than 70 bucks.

I was hoping the ammo makers couldn't keep up and i could sell to NOAA myself.....

Old 05-11-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yep. It would be interesting to know what percentage of these people of which you speak, were cops, or other types of "professionals", who carry a gun as part of making a living. I , personally, know, of five different instances, with our local LE, involving shot off toes, a wounded range partner, a nice hole in a right butt cheek, exiting on the thigh, a right leg being lost, and a holle through the left hand. All cops, all being idiots. But hey, TRUST your police. 911 is your freid, always.

Now that I think about it, I need to add this one: A military police off icer, on the Naval station near here, ( Fallon NAS) was playing with his issue Berreta. Tracking a kid on a bicycle through his window. He pulled the trigger, and killed the kid. Yea, I'm there on idiots with guns. Especially the ones who are "trained professionals". You know them, right? They are the only ones who "need" firearms. After all, they REALLY know what they are doing, yes?
for more than 30 years i have shot Buck Skinners with flintl;ocks against cops with their modern arms and we Skinners have never once lost a shoot. We switch guns mid way too.

We beat the cops with out flinters and then we beat them with their own guns. Anyone who thinks cops are shooters are crazy.

I know of several cops who have shot themselves too. One thru his left hand telling someone what a great gun man he was and telling what not to do..... he said: What was that noise? at the time ignoring the blood

And the other shot himself drawing from the holster thru his booted foot. That 9mm stopped in the sole of the boot so there was no blood..

I got no use of the 9's...... Closest thing to a 9 I can use is the .357.

I carry a .45 ACP for 2 legged varmints in a city when i go to any city anywhere. If there were Law and order i would NEED to carry at all, but alas there isn't.

So being that i am land locked on NH when i go to say DC, I carry all the way both ways..... Those are the places i am most likely in need of defending myself. That concrete jungle is hell.

I have been armed with the .45 acp in Mass NY NJ Delaware, Md, Pa, Ct and RI many times...

In fact i have been in 40 of the lower 48 armed... I don't understand why these states don't understand Shall Not be Infringed.... Not my problem.

I even rode my mc thru your state armed right into Cal..... Then i had my Kimber CDP Pro II I think that gun is ok in Cal if it isn't that's cal's problem not mine.

I also had a Long rifle with me a flinter 52.5 inches long in a case. It's real hard to find a case that long, and i didn't. I bought the longest ATV case i could find and then cut the muzzle end cap off a few inches back and added in truck radiator hose to get it long enough.

On a trip like that anyone would have items of value and cash, not to mention my Bride... Going off expecting cops will protect you is quite insane.

When i got back to NH 10 months later I found the cops are insane.

I got busted 3 times in the same day for a out of date inspection sticker. During one lecture I was told by NH state police that no one has the metal awareness to ride a MC from coast to coast anymore and that it is highly frowned upon....

They should have told me that before I left not after the fact.. I see now we are living in a Police State.

Never the less they can't protect a single soul... Alive anyway.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
My range is right out my back door... I doubt anyone takes notice. I have enough ammunition to last two lifetimes... Folks living in the sticks would be much harder to disarm. We know things they don't.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
My range is right out my back door... I doubt anyone takes notice. I have enough ammunition to last two lifetimes... Folks living in the sticks would be much harder to disarm. We know things they don't.
Be funny trying to see what happens if the govt sent someone to get my guns and ammo... They may have a list of some of it if they find the right FFL dealers, but some of those guys are in the happy hunting grounds now.. So asking won't be easy.....

I knew John Ek face to face. he was a big time Miami FFL and had a oak engraved Govt model .45 that belonged to Castro in a glass case since JFK refused to allow that gun getting sent back to Cuba

The problem there is I sold those guns a long time ago..... Then I have assorted family guns, and i don't keep them here with me anymore because the PC would is scaring me....

I won't tell where they are or just what they are either..... i could tell but then I would have to kill whom ever I told so the secret would be safe see?

I can do what a govt goon can do right?

I am not worried about ammo as i am like you.... I have more than i can use..... If i need more than that i will get it off some govt goon and take his guns too.

These PC who think govt goons will always win are crazy people, but we both knew that...

By the time 100 guys lost their guns to govt goons everyone else would know it.... After that life as a govt goon would get nasty... being 40 to 1 wouldn't last very long and before much linger it would be 400 to 40.... and get worse very quickly.... perhaps thousands to less than 40 and that 40 would get less and less...

The PC and the govt don't understand they are already surrounded.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:22 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,244,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
All you have to do is walk into Walmart or Cabelas or Kittery Trading Post and ASK the salesmen or Manager why they don't have any ammo on the shelves. They'll tell you that they simply can't get it, from any supplier--they order ten thousand boxes, and and are lucky to get a few boxes (50 or 100 rounds) every two weeks. They have a hundred customers a day wanting to buy ammo, all of which are turned away empty-handed--if there was ANY way to get some to buy, they would have found it.
More of this drivel. Go back and look at my posts on this thread. Walmart and Cabelas and Kittery are acquiring and selling more ammo every week than at any time in history. My local Walmarts (4 of them in my mid-sized city) obtain and sell, on average, several thousand rounds a day. EACH. The other day I went in one at stocking time (7:00am) and they rolled out 1000rds of FMJ 9mm Luger (100rd boxes), 1000 rds of .45Auto (100rd boxes), and 10,500 rds of .22LR (525rd bricks). I walked out with 3 bricks of .22LR for $72 TOTAL (one for me, one for my brother, one for my father-in-law). This is one day. The previous day was similar. They didn't sell even CLOSE to this volume of ammunition this time last year.

No, they can't order multiple pallets at once to completely re-stock the shelves because every store in the country is trying to order multiple pallets at once. That's what your local guy is complaining about.

Grady's has Federal 9mm at $18 per 50 rds: Federal AE9DP 9MM 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket

And you mentioned Cabelas. They have .223 online right now, $7 for 20: Rifle Ammunition - Rifle Ammo, Rifle Bullets & Cartri : Cabela's

Freedom Munitions released a million rounds of 9mm FMJ on their website Friday. They announced it ahead of time, though, so people were ready and they sold out within a few hours. Amazingly enough, Gunbroker was flush with people trying to "flip" Freedom Munition brand 9mm FMJ that same afternoon.

Again, there is no shortage of supply. This is a simple "run", similar to people stripping shelves bare of milk and bread before a snow storm. The problem is that the tin-foil-hat hoarder types believe the Alex Jones types and think the apocalypse is coming, so they're willing to pay any amount of cash for ammo. And the vulture-capitalist types are more than willing to strip the shelves bare at Walmart and Cabelas before re-selling to the hoarders at double or triple their cost.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:32 PM

98 posts, read 89,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Can't go to the range in Florida unless you bring your own rounds. There are no 9mm bullets for sale anywhere in SW Florida. The federal government has them all. This is back door gun control, dictator style. You may be able to purchase inferior grade rounds online but how reliable are they? If they were any good the ranges would buy them so they wouldn't have to turn away customers.
That's why I reload and have a Dillon 550B and a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Maybe in Cal where you live but i doubt anyone is paying any attention to the ranges in NH..... here you belong so there is a record with out paying any attention and you just go when you like. Mostly there is no one there unless there is another shooter.

I don't go to a range as it is just easier for me to open the door and take a few steps. I do a garden about 100 x 60 and take a .22 tack driver out there with me then. I kill any varmints i see as best i can. That amounts to rodents mainly like red squirrels, and assorted garden nuisances.

These city slicks calling us gun nuts are funny........ I wonder what it's like to eat GMO foods and have no male skill sets... What do they do buy cars often to display they have balls?

Maybe they don't have any balls and their wives run the show. Girlie men.......

I was at walmart tonight but forgot to check on any ammo.... I have bricks and ammo for all sorts of everything up the wazzo..... I stocked up when 16 ga was getting harder to find...... That was light years ago. Bought up 1,000 rnds cases when ammo for .308 was less than 70 bucks.

I was hoping the ammo makers couldn't keep up and i could sell to NOAA myself.....
No, those are hanging under the hitch of their 4WD pickup that has never,ever seen dirt.
Original Bulls Balls® Truck Balls, Truck Nuts, Truck Nutz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies