Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

I am one of the OLD, White, Conservative, gun owning men the Republican just love. Unfortunately for them their social, religious and economic policies do not fit my view of the world so there IS NO WAY IN HELL I WILL VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN. No matter what they claim they are OF THE RICH, FOR THE RICH AND BY THE RICH for now and forever.

At least the Democratic policies, although somewhat contaminated by greedsters like Clinton, are meant to help our entire country and not just the owners. Because of these policies I am optimistic about America’s future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Only to people who aren't politically savvy do social issues matter a lot. They don't, social issues are a distractions. Guns, gays, and abortion are all distractions to the fact that both parties want to gut Social Security, Medicare, etc. Republicans are not going to win on more liberal social issues. The UK Conservative Party has tried that game and people are not buying it over there, what makes you think they will here? They will end up alienating more people than bringing them in. The idiot media tells you it's all about the social issues, it's not! It's all about economics. What do you think people care more about? Gay marriage or having medical care when they are retired or a pension?
You are totally correct however over here, if you have nothing positive to say fiscally, scare the minions with social issues away from those that focus on the economy.
It has been working well for the dems. I don't see them changing their battle cry simply because they do not have one to promote their successes.
Rep for you!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I appreciate being born in a first world nation, when i do complain i feel guilty because there's people living on the other side of the pond who have actual issues worth complaining about.

so i am always optimistic,

luckily violence in the country is in decline and world poverty is also in decline. so we really should be optimistic.
Without acting like I just stepped off the Miss America stage with my crown
I feel the same as you.

except...yes, income poverty is declining in the world,
but income inequality is RISING everywhere.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
You are totally correct however over here, if you have nothing positive to say fiscally, scare the minions with social issues away from those that focus on the economy.
It has been working well for the dems. I don't see them changing their battle cry simply because they do not have one to promote their successes.
Rep for you!
I see so many left liberals on here saying how Obama is a great guy. It shows just how brainwashed they are. Obama's economic and foreign policies are TO THE RIGHT of Bush for frig's sake! But, he throws the zombies a bone or two regarding gay marriage and immigration and they lap it up. If that doesn't work, all Obama has to do is to show them his dazzling smile and put on a forced Ebonics accent and they'll fall head over heels for him. Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
They SHOULD gut Social Security and Medicare.
Can I have all your Social Security contributions then, since you clearly don't want it?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Just look at liberal dominated NYC - quite possibly the worst place on the planet for business and the rich.
Also California, Illinois, NY and most of the northeast.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Keep beating to the beat of that drum. Your constituents (unemployed 18-30 year olds) are going to start clamoring for some economic growth and jobs, something the Democrats have yet to do (...oh and spare me 100k new jobs per month, there's 22 million college students right now so let me know when we're creating enough jobs, and have enough people retiring to satisfy 22 million new jobs every 4 years)
Well the last time the GOP's lack of regulation combines with wall street running amuck caused the destruction of the economy in 1929 the Democrats had a LONG run in power. When the GOP was eventually returned to power, electing Ike they were a reasonable, progressive and sane conservative party. Not so now. They are now the party of Complete right wing nutbars and they continue more and more down that path even if there is a few sane GOPers who clearly see this will not work out well for them on the national stage.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
The GOP is finally coming around to social issues. Pretty soon, the Democrats will be extremely unpopular as their statist, anti business rhetoric will do them in. The GOP has had their come to Jesus assessment, fortunately for them, they are starting to change their stance on social issues. Unfortunately, I don't see the Democrats changing their statist, rich-hating, anti-entrepreneurial, anti business rhetoric. The shift will begin in 2014 when they get booted out of the senate once the American people realize obamacare is a disaster.
You are optimistic because GOP is becoming liberal?? LOL

Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Also California, Illinois, NY and most of the northeast.
It's neat how the "worst place(s) on the planet for business and the rich" are the economic engines that keep our economy going and attract enormous numbers of the wealthy.
Quote:
The more socially liberal they become, the more likely I will consider them.

[and vote for them]
Same here. Doubtful I'd vote for most of them, though. Even if they stop nominating hateful authoritarian bigots, they'll still need to work on putting together fiscal policies that aren't utterly repellant to anyone who can do basic math. They'll still need to work on their disastrous foreign policy that has left us trillions more in debt and made us less safe.
Quote:
The FACTS say leftist anti-business, anti-job policies have failed.
Such as? You keep posting this. Surely you can tell us exactly what those policies are.
Quote:
The FACTS say Obama's economic policies aren't creating enough jobs for 22 million college grads to have jobs over the next 4 years.
Feel free to break out the numbers.

The number of jobs we need to add each month is around 125,000 just to keep things flat. So far this year, the number is about 196,000. Last year it was 183,000.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
The GOP is finally coming around to social issues. Pretty soon, the Democrats will be extremely unpopular as their statist, anti business rhetoric will do them in. The GOP has had their come to Jesus assessment, fortunately for them, they are starting to change their stance on social issues. Unfortunately, I don't see the Democrats changing their statist, rich-hating, anti-entrepreneurial, anti business rhetoric. The shift will begin in 2014 when they get booted out of the senate once the American people realize obamacare is a disaster.
Republicans want the following things, (and you're manipulating people to get them.)

Republicans want 0% tax rates on dividends, so rich CEO's and billionaires will have 0% federal tax rates.
Republicans want supply side tax cuts (these are tax cuts for the rich and large corporations.)
Republicans want corporate deregulation (to increase corporate profits.)
And republicans want to abolish the EPA, FDA, and IRS (so they can no longer regulate and fine large corporations.)

Plus your "corporate puppet" presidents like R. Reagan and GW Bush, created Americas dangerous national debt. They did this by lowering rich peoples tax rates (with supply side/trickle down tax cuts.)

Reagan created huge deficits (by lowering rich people's tax rates.)
Clinton raised taxes on the rich (and Clinton created surpluses and paid down our national debt.)
GW Bush lowered rich people's taxes, and then he attacked Iraq for nothing (and created the financial hell we are in today.)

Thank God Obama is slowing down GW Bush's debt growth rate.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Heres what you wanted in 2012,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

That whole $6.6 trillion dollars would have been added to our national debt. And since there are no spending regulations on supply side tax cuts, large corporations and the rich can spend their supply side tax cuts any way they wish. Reagans and GW Bush's supply side tax cuts (have financed the building of US factories in China.)

How big of a supply side tax cut do you want in 2016 ??

Last edited by chad3; 05-03-2013 at 08:50 AM..

Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
I'm optimistic too. And generally I'm a pessimist. I'm also liberal so I'm glad the for the most part the country is becoming more socially tolerant. Can't really same the same for the GOP now can we?

The GOP is not socially intolerant. We just don't want taxpayer money to be used to fund peoples choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies