Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 01:07 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Dang, where are you getting a 3% return now?
Dang...I haven't checked them in a while. Looks like 1% is good right now. Bummer!! Over the course of 30 years or so, it would probably average out to 3% or more, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's debt that gets us in trouble anyway.
Yep.

Too bad liberal politicians don't understand this concept.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
A million dollars is a lot of money, I think we can all agree with that but people's expenses are what varies from person to person. A executive would need more money than the average person for their personal expenses could include private events at their home, the use of private jets which can cost upwards of $50,000, and anything else that we wouldn't need. Personally with a million dollar annual income, my expenses would raise drastically but so would my savings.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
A million dollars is a lot of money, I think we can all agree with that but people's expenses are what varies from person to person. A executive would need more money than the average person for their personal expenses could include private events at their home, the use of private jets which can cost upwards of $50,000, and anything else that we wouldn't need. Personally with a million dollar annual income, my expenses would raise drastically but so would my savings.
I would think events & jets would be business expenses.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:45 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I would think events & jets would be business expenses.
Most of the time they are, but sometimes their not. Think about a person who owns or runs a large, small business, the funds aren't available as they are for a corporation so often times they have to use their own funds for events. I'm not sympathizing with the bankers, but I am sympathizing with Small Business Owners. Now how many small businesses are large enough for the need of private jets? Not many, but for the most part, if any of them need it they'd probably put it on their American Express.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:55 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
I just heard the answer. "If you vote like a Democrat you can live like a Republican"....

Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of FORTRAN View Post
Ugh. I could outright retire on one million.
S'what i was thinking. If i get a million in my hands right now, my wife and i aren't going to work another day in our lives. I can make that sum work quite easily.

We live extremely well on a bit more than a tenth and a half of that.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Really? How did they become so greedy and how did we let this happen?
Bankers Explain How They Cannot Possibly Live On $1 Million Pay
1 million is peanuts to the Romney's of the world

Old 05-03-2013, 04:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
S'what i was thinking. If i get a million in my hands right now, my wife and i aren't going to work another day in our lives. I can make that sum work quite easily.

We live extremely well on a bit more than a tenth and a half of that.
I know that you live in Arizona, but the only place that you could make your dream reality would be in Detroit - and an Ak-47 would likely come standard with the cheap house or apartment.

A house in Arizona or California can easily cost half a million - and you would use that other half a million for neccesary expenses over time.

You would still need to work.

Last edited by Harrier; 05-03-2013 at 05:04 PM..

Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I know that you live in Arizona, but the only place that you could make your dream reality would be in Detrot - and an Ak-47 would likely come standard with the cheap house or apartment.

A house in Arizona or California can easily cost half a million - and you would use that other half a million for neccesary expenses over time.

You would still need to work.
Get bent Rufus.

I don't need to buy another home, and i'm not about to leave my homestate and move to Detroit. The home i'm in has only about 4 years left on the mortgage, and my mortgage is only 480 bucks a month.

Your situation ain't my situation.

Again, if i get my hands on a million right now, i'm walking out of my office, handing the shop keys over to my underling, and i'm not hitting a lick til the day my body hits the crematorium.

Same for my wife.

BTW...houses ANYWHERE can cost a half a million. So what? That includes Detroit, IN the city, not the suburbs. My mother lives in Boston-Edison and there are plenty of homes there going for that amount.

That doesn't mean i have to buy one. Besides, homes in Arizona are mostly cheap anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies