Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:15 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Perhaps because it's not a "different take" - it's fact-free nonsense.

Do you ever ask yourself why anti-gay 'foaming at the mouth bigots' need to make up crap all the time?

http://www.redhookcentralschools.org...nt%20Facts.pdf
A kiss didn't happen, but girls were forced to role play being a lesbian and asking another girl for a kiss.

If an office held a workshop and forced one employee to ask another employee to role play asking someone for a kiss (no matter the gender), it would be considered sexual harrassment. Children in schools are even more powerless than adults in an office. Forced sexual roleplaying (no matter the genders)- even just asking for kissing, should not be done. The girl has expressed concerned that she will be teased and bullied because of the role playing.

The school allowed college students to teach the workshop and gave no notice to parents. Bringing in college students (18-22 year old) to lead kids through forced sexual role playing is absurd.

Here's a local paper's coverage before it became national news:
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...-edge-Red-Hook

And here's a quote from the article and one of the girls moms:
Quote:
In addition to learning vocabulary such as “pansexual” and “genderqueer,” the girls were told to request a kiss from a female peer, Coon said. Her 14-year-old daughter told her it was awkward and uncomfortable, she said.
People who are defending this, think about this for a second, if college kid came to the school and made 13-14 year old boy ask a girl for oral sex, would you be okay with that? That has nothing to do with being gay, and it can also fall under the header of "learning to handle unwanted advances," which was the supposed reason for the roleplaying. The whole thing was incredibly wrong and should never have been done.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
if college kid came to the school and made 13-14 year old girl ask a boy for oral sex,

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2013 at 07:05 AM..

Old 05-03-2013, 11:35 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:

People who are defending this, think about this for a second, if college kid came to the school and made 13-14 year old boy ask a girl for oral sex, would you be okay with that? That has nothing to do with being gay, and it can also fall under the header of "learning to handle unwanted advances," which was the supposed reason for the roleplaying. The whole thing was incredibly wrong and should never have been done.
If it was a learning excersize to handle unwanted advances, then yes, speaking as a father of a young girl, I'd be okay with it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2013 at 07:05 AM..

Old 05-03-2013, 11:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I never called anyone a "foaming at the mouth bigot," and wasn't even really commenting on this story - for which I've only seen a FOX News report, and anyone with half a brain knows they like to sensationalize and use "creative liberties" with their reporting. In fact, a few other posters have already shown links indicating they made up this whole thing.

And how do you know how I'd react to a boy & girl kissing? I kissed a boy by age 13, so that doesn't seem too shocking to me! This alleged lesbian kiss didn't even happen, let alone was it forced, so I don't really see how that's relevant anyway... if a kiss between students of ANY gender combination were actually forced, I would not approve of that regardless.

Oh, and I wasn't simply reacting to conservatives having a "different take on things" (LOL). I am responding to the overtly anti-gay comments, like the ones calling them nasty names and claiming there's some agenda being shoved down orifices; also challenging the story itself, and how some people here will use any half-truth to let us know how much they hate gays in general. You really need to look in a mirror sometime, because it's not me who is being ugly or hypocritical.
There is a huge difference between kissing a boy because you want to and being told by an adult to kiss a member of the same sex because they want you to.

Good greif!

How creepy do homosexual activists need to get before you see a problem?

I see the double-speaking perverts behind this have been busy parsing words to give the impression nothing inappropriate (if not illegal) happened.

Well, first of all, the fact that the school officials who put on the event are the ones denying wrong doing carries no weight.

"According to the school district, during the workshop at Linden Avenue Middle School, no female student was forced to engage in any lesbian kissing, male students were not told to carry condoms, and sexual activity between students was not condoned in any way."

Alvin McEwen: Fox News Story About Alleged Forced Lesbian Kiss at Middle School Workshop Is Incorrect

No one said they were forced to kiss.

They were told to ask another girl for a lesbian kiss.

I don't know about the land of fruits and nuts, but here in the Mid-West this is something child molesters do leaving me to wonder which of softball coaches present wanted to watch 13-yr-old girls kiss each other.

For all the spin put out to advance the homosexual agenda, in the end, the true nature of these perverts comes shining through for all to see.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
As we can see, fact-free threads like this are guaranteed to bring out the 'foaming at the mouth bigots'.

That's rich!

You put up this link and then have the nerve to say someone else has a fact-free thread?

http://www.redhookcentralschools.org...nt%20Facts.pdf

Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
If it was a learning excersize to handle unwanted advances, then yes, speaking as a father of a young girl, I'd be okay with it.

Well Father of the Year, how about your little girl being pressured to be the one making the unwanted homosexual advance?

That OK too?

Like I said, "perverts".

Old 05-04-2013, 12:10 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well Father of the Year, how about your little girl being pressured to be the one making the unwanted homosexual advance?

That OK too?
Why would it not be?

Old 05-04-2013, 02:04 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

That OK too?
In the guise of roleplay, yes.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Is that spit or foam coming out of your mouth?

Once again we have insults instead of a substantive rebuttal.

Always so predictable.

How about you tell everyone specifically why I'm wrong on the facts.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
A kiss didn't happen, but girls were forced to role play being a lesbian and asking another girl for a kiss.

If an office held a workshop and forced one employee to ask another employee to role play asking someone for a kiss (no matter the gender), it would be considered sexual harrassment. Children in schools are even more powerless than adults in an office. Forced sexual roleplaying (no matter the genders)- even just asking for kissing, should not be done. The girl has expressed concerned that she will be teased and bullied because of the role playing.

The school allowed college students to teach the workshop and gave no notice to parents. Bringing in college students (18-22 year old) to lead kids through forced sexual role playing is absurd.

Here's a local paper's coverage before it became national news:
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...-edge-Red-Hook

And here's a quote from the article and one of the girls moms:

People who are defending this, think about this for a second, if college kid came to the school and made 13-14 year old boy ask a girl for a blow job, would you be okay with that? That has nothing to do with being gay, and it can also fall under the header of "learning to handle unwanted advances," which was the supposed reason for the roleplaying. The whole thing was incredibly wrong and should never have been done.
Your what if's have nothing to do with the reality of the situation.

What if you killed someone, duh? Makes as much sense.

And yes, if there's a problem, some sensitivity training in offices might include your scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies