Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times

Advertisements

I am going to take your post literally, hope this doesn't dwell into a "YEAH BUT THE NEOCONS AND BUSH ARE DOING THIS RIGHT NOW" nonsense.

I don't know what you specify by "evil laws" but If this government somehow turns into a totalitarian state (no guys, that doesn't mean being searched at the airport, that doesn't mean having a president that I don't like), well, lets say that's why the second ammendment exists and I will take arms against the government and whatever form of jack booted representation they have.

The government should be afraid of it's citizens, not the other way around.

And if this does turn into a political republican vs. democrat argument, it will be ironic that those complaining about the current administration will be wishing to switch over to a democrat party government control whose mantra has always been a larger central government and infringement on 2nd ammendment rights, the very predecessors to totalitarianism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 09:03 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
lol.... cute... u get reps for that...i can't help myself
Hey -- don't forget the set-up guy!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:04 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

Old 11-01-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”
I'm forwarding this to Harry Reid. Maybe it's not too late for him to redeem himself.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I am feeling quite ignorant at this monent. Who said that? and where?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,394,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I'm forwarding this to Harry Reid. Maybe it's not too late for him to redeem himself.
Why Harry Reid? I would send this to all the neocons who are trying to scare the crap out of the populace with their torture and 'Patriot Act.' Or perhaps even more so to the people who are abetting them by saying nothing.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am feeling quite ignorant at this monent. Who said that? and where?
Samuel Adams. With a little borrowing from Shakespeare....

iBoston - Your Guide to Massachusetts History

Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post
Why Harry Reid? I would send this to all the neocons who are trying to scare the crap out of the populace with their torture and 'Patriot Act.'
Seeing that the quotation is from Samuel Adams, and refers to the cowardice displayed by those who contemplated surrender to the British monarchy, I'd conclude that Reid is a more apt recipient than anyone you could name.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:35 AM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,394,051 times
Are you referring to Iraq? Leaving Iraq right now would not be a surrender. It would be the termination of a mistake committed by an administration that was acting solely for the benefit of corporate interests. Profiteering at its finest.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post
Are you referring to Iraq? Leaving Iraq right now would not be a surrender. It would be the termination of a mistake committed by an administration that was acting solely on the behalf of corporate interests. Profiteering at its finest.
Surrendering to the enemy in Iraq would be a bigger disaster than the decision to invade it. And every Presidential candidate with an ounce of sense agrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies