Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 03:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No, you just too damn greedy. You didn't see welfare backlash coming as Obama was out there campaigning and demonizing hard working Americans did you? You cheer him on as he made a money grab and thought you would get even more.
Only a right winger's own sick, pathological narcissism would cause him to take an accusation of having humiliating others, and turn it around and say the accuser is greedy. A complete and total non-sequitur and total piece of nonsense. LOL

I suspect every time I call an ignorant right winger, 'ignorant,' they are so narcissistic that they take it to mean I meant, 'brilliant.'

Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Seems that it's really the stingy folks who hate the poor and resent society's efforts to help them. Or maybe it's people who buy into the stereotype that the only people who need public assistance are black people, so maybe it's really racism. Whatever it is, it certainly brings out the worst in people.
And the race card has been pulled.

Brings out the worst in people? Oh because we are sick of paying for generations of welfare. It's not public ASSISTANCE, it's a way of life. Assistance means that you move up and out.

And you call people Stingy?? you get free food, free housing, free Obama phones, free heating and electric, free health care and you don't appreciate it and call people stingy.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
that is because you have your fingers in your ears. you think only you oppose wasteful government welfare, but you are wrong.

Here is a bunch of crony capitalism that some libs and progs simply choose to ignore:

Governors’ Biofuels Coalition: Obama failed to deliver on his green jobs promises
Wind industry has lost 10,000 jobs under Obama
America’s largest solar panel manufacturer lays off 2,000
Reuters: Obama’s green jobs program a failure
$535 million in federal loan guarantees not enough to save SOLYNDRA; solar panel maker files for bankruptcy
Solyndra a full-blown green energy scandal
FBI raids Solyndra, a government-backed solar power company hailed by Obama
House Energy committee faults DOE, White House for ignoring Solyndra red flags in rush to dole out stimulus money
Big-name Solyndra investors who backed Obama first in line to recoup losses
Politically-connected wind farm developers stand to reap huge profits from $1.6 billion federally-backed loan and $490 million federal cash grant
Green energy cronyism: Democrat donors prosper from Obama’s aggressive renewable energy initiatives
Obama DOE gave $197 million loan guarantee to shaky solar company that uses same unproven technology as bankrupt Solyndra
Obama DOD mandates Navy to purchase green energy biofuel costing 9 times more than standard JP-5 jet fuel
Obama administration subsidizes low-selling Chevy Volt with $3 billion in loans, grants, rebates & tax giveaways
Taxpayers left holding bag: Nevada Geothermal set to go bust after $98.5 million federally-backed loan
ABC News investigation: Government-backed energy firm pays six-figure bonuses to top executives shortly before going bust
Green energy scandal rocks White House: Member of Obama’s job council directs $2 billion to his own solar energy company
Five bankrupt green energy companies had junk bond rating prior to receiving Obama DOE loan guarantees
Politically-connected renewable energy company uses federal funds to buy solar panels … from itself
Stimulus-backed solar company touted by Obama in weekly radio address lays off 70% of workforce
Obama fundraising bundler’s green energy portfolio received $600 million in federal loan guarantees
Europe scales back green energy subsidies as rash of hi-profile collapses hit continent’s solar power industry
Yea, they still don't get that they are just tools to help Obama give corporate subsidies.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So what is your problem? Your business is a failure? Is that the point you're trying to make? Your business is a failure because of Obama?
No but you are a failure. that is why you fight for welfare so hard.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
that is because you have your fingers in your ears. you think only you oppose wasteful government welfare, but you are wrong.

Here is a bunch of crony capitalism that some libs and progs simply choose to ignore:

Governors’ Biofuels Coalition: Obama failed to deliver on his green jobs promises
Wind industry has lost 10,000 jobs under Obama
America’s largest solar panel manufacturer lays off 2,000
Reuters: Obama’s green jobs program a failure
$535 million in federal loan guarantees not enough to save SOLYNDRA; solar panel maker files for bankruptcy
Solyndra a full-blown green energy scandal
FBI raids Solyndra, a government-backed solar power company hailed by Obama
House Energy committee faults DOE, White House for ignoring Solyndra red flags in rush to dole out stimulus money
Big-name Solyndra investors who backed Obama first in line to recoup losses
Politically-connected wind farm developers stand to reap huge profits from $1.6 billion federally-backed loan and $490 million federal cash grant
Green energy cronyism: Democrat donors prosper from Obama’s aggressive renewable energy initiatives
Obama DOE gave $197 million loan guarantee to shaky solar company that uses same unproven technology as bankrupt Solyndra
Obama DOD mandates Navy to purchase green energy biofuel costing 9 times more than standard JP-5 jet fuel
Obama administration subsidizes low-selling Chevy Volt with $3 billion in loans, grants, rebates & tax giveaways
Taxpayers left holding bag: Nevada Geothermal set to go bust after $98.5 million federally-backed loan
ABC News investigation: Government-backed energy firm pays six-figure bonuses to top executives shortly before going bust
Green energy scandal rocks White House: Member of Obama’s job council directs $2 billion to his own solar energy company
Five bankrupt green energy companies had junk bond rating prior to receiving Obama DOE loan guarantees
Politically-connected renewable energy company uses federal funds to buy solar panels … from itself
Stimulus-backed solar company touted by Obama in weekly radio address lays off 70% of workforce
Obama fundraising bundler’s green energy portfolio received $600 million in federal loan guarantees
Europe scales back green energy subsidies as rash of hi-profile collapses hit continent’s solar power industry
Two comments on this:

1. Most people don't bother to read links, but I think almost none bother to read this many links. I stopped at 5, and I think you're lucky, I probably win the prize for the most links read from that mess you posted. lol

2. You could've summarized all those links by posting 2, as most of them are the same ALEC-sponsored story published in multiple places. For all those who have no f clue what ALEC is, it's a blindingly powerful lobby and "corporate-benefiting bill mill" hired by the blindingly wealthy fossil fuel industries, such as King Coal Power, Duke Power, etc. etc. ad nauseam. It poses as legitimate, but is not. Fossil fuel giants, such as the Koch Brothers pour money into ALEC, which puts out mass quantities of bullsh*t faux news, focuses all its efforts on bills that benefit the fossil fuel industry, and a huge part of how they do this, is by spending millions upon millions studying how they can destroy any attempts at greening the earth.

Here's an example of how ALEC gets bills passed that benefit the fossil fuel industry:
Brendan Fischer: How the ALEC corporate bill mill works : Ct

Here is Sourcewatch exposing politicians who are being benefited by ALEC (and notice which POLITICAL PARTY the politicians benefited by ALEC belong to). North Carolina ALEC Politicians - SourceWatch

Here's how ALEC benefits the fossil fuel industries by using fake studies to make global warming seem wrong:
Possible Experience: ALEC targets renewable energy with fake studies

I could've posted thousands of links, but I won't. However, next time you decide to post a whole slew of links, all copycatting one another, remember, there might be someone reading your post, who will understand the truth behind them more than you ever will.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:

Brings out the worst in people? Oh because we are sick of paying for generations of welfare. It's not public ASSISTANCE, it's a way of life. Assistance means that you move up and out.

And you call people Stingy?? you get free food, free housing, free Obama phones, free heating and electric, free health care and you don't appreciate it and call people stingy.
Do you have problems reading and comprehending what you read? One more time. I do NOT get free food, or free housing, or a free phone, no free electricity, no free heating, and no free healthcare. Nope, not a single one of those things do I get for free. I pay for them like everyone else. You can make those accusations until you're blue in the face and it will won't make them true. Btw, do you think I"m a black person, is that why you continue to insist that I qualify for public assistance? I'm sure it will be very disappointing for you to learn that I'm a white person from the SOUTH. That just doesn't fit into your narrow little perspective, does it?

Yes, indeed, I call people stingy who make statements like the anti-welfare folks have made in this thread. That's because that is the word that fits.

I don't like that my taxes pay for wars, however, I am smart enough to understand that the taxes I pay in order to support our country get spread around, and that my only input into where those taxes are spent is when I go to the polls and VOTE for someone to represent me in making choices as to where we spend tax money. Unfortunately, it appears there are LOTS of people you just simply don't get that; all they can think about is "their money"........and yes, that's very stingy when you can't let go of you love of your money.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-07-2013 at 03:49 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Hell, why not? We whites have been pulling our race card for all of history. Hey, it's time for someone else to get a race card, right?

Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
yada, yada, yada. Your efforts to malign me personally are getting old and are already boring. It's good that you find me so annoying that all you can do is try to make this personal.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I hate everybody and I'm not stingy. There goes your entire argument.
Maybe we should have a thread titled, "Psychological problems of the right wing."

Old 05-07-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Wow, so you're psychic!

So tell me, if you're so psychic, what's the next Florida lottery winning number? Pick 6, I expect you'll get them all correct, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies