Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 AM

602 posts, read 574,315 times

Advertisements

Woman saved from fire by her Pit Bull. (Surely positive stories about Pit Bulls are allowed here too, right?)

Pit bull saves New York woman from burning home - U.S. News

"Jackie Bonasera said she was drying her hair in an upstairs bathroom of the home on Gabriele Drive in East Norwich when she heard the dog barking. She ran downstairs and saw the flames on the side of her garage. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Sure, great story. I hope Cain got a big raw steak for that!

I suspect that most of the time, pit bulls are fairly good dogs. It is just when they go bad, they go really bad. That may not even be fully correct. It is just that the breed probably contains a high proportion of truly aggressive genes, which pop up in some dogs and mixed with poor socialization or abuse, result in a very dangerous animal. Like wolf-hybrids. Some or most are probably fine, the risk of violence is just too high.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
if it had been a pit bull that killed, this thread would get a lot of traffic.. pit bulls are good dogs

Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 AM

602 posts, read 574,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
if it had been a pit bull that killed, this thread would get a lot of traffic.. pit bulls are good dogs

I agree. Just look at the other thread, multiple pages.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Great story.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Sure, great story. I hope Cain got a big raw steak for that!

I suspect that most of the time, pit bulls are fairly good dogs. It is just when they go bad, they go really bad. That may not even be fully correct. It is just that the breed probably contains a high proportion of truly aggressive genes, which pop up in some dogs and mixed with poor socialization or abuse, result in a very dangerous animal. Like wolf-hybrids. Some or most are probably fine, the risk of violence is just too high.
The dogs have nothing to do with it. Look at a lot of the class of people who own pitties. Thugs and rapster types. Vick types. The majority of Vick's dogs were saved and placed in loving families, with children even.

It was that POS Vick that should have been put down. His story had nothing to do with his wonderful dogs.

God Bless Cain. Good Boy! He is one seriously gorgeous, handsome boy. What a sweetheart. I'm so glad she was able to return the favor and save him.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:23 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post

Sure they are.

They just get a bad rap when they kill a child or a pregnant woman.

Just because a few pit bulls turn on their owners doesn't mean every single one is dangerous.

I say if you can keep your pit bulls from escaping their enclosure to attack a child or some poor elderly person, feel free to own all the pit bulls you like.

"Darla Napora, 32, was attacked by her unneutered, 2-year-old male pit bull Thursday. Her husband, Greg Napora, found her bloody body in the couple's living room with the pit bull, named Gunner, hovering over her."

Pet Pit Bull Kills Pregnant Woman in Pacifica California Home - ABC News

Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
This was getting some local press in Philly, but not as much as it probably should have. A blind woman was brutally terrorized in a racist attack and her service dog actually dialed 911 for her when her attacker or attackers turned on the oven in an attempt to set her apartment on fire.
They had the little proto human thug friends on the local news defending the suspect. The alibi they cooked up: The suspect was playing a game with them until 4:30 in the morning when they went home to get ready for school.
Congratulations, we've raised a brand new generation of animals.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,547 times
Great story.

For anybody who thinks pits are worse are just ignorant or stupid. Any breed can have violent behavior. Any dog can attack.

Judging only by what I've observed, at the pounds, pit and pit mixes are by far the number 1 breed. On the streets, pit and pit mixes are the number 1 breed I see as strays. So, yes, if there is a over population of a breed, there will be more bites from this breed.

I bet the ratio of of bites per breed would hover close to the same across the board.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Awww, what a cutie-pie! Good dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies