Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,270,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
you can get 'em from eastern Europe too. wouldn't you feel weird that you had to essentially pay someone to love you. I'd rather be alone.
Meh, Russians are better, but I've never met anyone with a 30 year age difference. My parents are only 11 years apart and my aunt/uncle are only 15.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't like any analysis of relationships that reduces attraction based on looks to a fetish.

Otherwise one could say all inter-racial marriage couplings are "fetish" or some acting out of underlying social hierarchy at play. That's unfair to couples who really just are in love!

The age thing is a completely different angle though.... if you have to buy a woman from the third world because you're 60 and haven't managed to find someone in your own country.... at LEAST get yourself someone +/- 10 years.
Or maybe the old guys are sick of female gold diggers from their home land. That's what quite a few american women are, they can deny all they want.
Might as well get a newer, smoother compact model if you know what I mean.
Its certainly none of our business if they're concenting adults, right?

Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,645 times
Yeah so they go and get one from a foreign country.

As long as both parties are realistic about the arrangment I don't see a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Or maybe the old guys are sick of female gold diggers from their home land. That's what quite a few american women are, they can deny all they want.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,421,901 times
Quote:
It isn't our business. As long as it's TRULY a consenting adults thing.

My mother's fiancé's brother got a younger woman from the Phillipines, I believe. She couldn't stop crying on their wedding day... and they weren't tears of joy.

(And actually, one would argue that a woman shipped in from another country is the EPITOME of a gold digger... marrying PURELY because of economics!)

Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't like any analysis of relationships that reduces attraction based on looks to a fetish.

Otherwise one could say all inter-racial marriage couplings are "fetish" or some acting out of underlying social hierarchy at play. That's unfair to couples who really just are in love!

The age thing is a completely different angle though.... if you have to buy a woman from the third world because you're 60 and haven't managed to find someone in your own country.... at LEAST get yourself someone +/- 10 years.

The filmmaker specifically sought out men with a self-described Asian fetish. That was the original intent of her film. The old White man had an obvious Asian fetish with a storeroom and apartment filled with pictures of Asian women. The filmmaker herself happened to be an Asian woman married to a White man, so she wasn't deriding WM/AF couples in general.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,635 times
Quote:
we're gold diggers, but most of us work. something isn't making sense here. it's not that we're gold diggers, it's that these men would have to significantly compromise in the age and maybe even looks department if they went with American women. it is their superficiality not that of American women that leads them to look for women overseas.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,674,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I suppose you are correct. You've already made it quite clear how you feel.

So, why the hatred towards Mexicans? Can you explain?

Or will you further dodge the question?
When did I said I hate Mexicans?

Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,270,883 times
I think I got ripped off...

Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think I got ripped off...
whatever you do keep this thing away from your cat

Sloth and cat / Gato com preguiça / Sloth Prince and her best friend Daisy - YouTube

they get real "rapey" around cats.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,178,139 times
Quote:
I'm thinking this is a thread that makes white middle age women feel threatened.
Start a prostitution thread and you'll see the same suspects.

The same the same thing about black women who are losing their men to white women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies