Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times

Advertisements

While the Tea Party is losing strength as a separate movement, the Tea Party caucus of the GOP is going strong.

After three years of observing these folks, I have determined that they don't want to create jobs, jobs, jobs, ignite the economy, or erase the debt. Their primary goal is to discredit and defame President Obama. They won't do ANYTHING for Americans that might benefit him politically. It is all a bit silly now, as Obama won reelection, so their hatefulness has no strategic purpose. I've never seen anything like it. I suppose the McCarthy era was kind of like this, but that is before my time.

I would not put all Republicans in this camp at all, but the TP caucus is truly a national disgrace. And if republicans want to provide national leadership again, they will have to DO something besides try to screw the other guy and bring our country to its knees in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 12:05 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Yep, their sole organizing principle is anti-Obamaism.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:08 AM

107 posts, read 116,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
While the Tea Party is losing strength as a separate movement, the Tea Party caucus of the GOP is going strong.

After three years of observing these folks, I have determined that they don't want to create jobs, jobs, jobs, ignite the economy, or erase the debt. Their primary goal is to discredit and defame President Obama. They won't do ANYTHING for Americans that might benefit him politically. It is all a bit silly now, as Obama won reelection, so their hatefulness has no strategic purpose. I've never seen anything like it. I suppose the McCarthy era was kind of like this, but that is before my time.

I would not put all Republicans in this camp at all, but the TP caucus is truly a national disgrace. And if republicans want to provide national leadership again, they will have to DO something besides try to screw the other guy and bring our country to its knees in the process.
Bolded part.

Want to show some proof for your "Analysis" ?

Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:

Odd strategy for them to employ since a faltering economy is the goose that lays golden political eggs for Democrats.

Democrats are the ones who buy votes with government handouts when people get desperate enough to go on the dole.

We all know FDR had to die in office to lose the Presidency.

This wasn't do to the success of New Deal programs, but rather because government meddling in the economy prolonged what should have been nothing more than a sever recession making proud hard-working Americans desperate and dependent.

You can be certain that is a lesson not lost on today's Democrats.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Is to destroy America.

We get it.

Now in other news, the sky is blue.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Is to destroy America.

We get it.

Now in other news, the sky is blue.

Have any idea when professor Obama is going make good on his promise to keep unemployment below 8%?

No?

Didn't think so.

You know, after four and a half years, this 8% unemployment, crashing currency and declining wages **** is getting pretty old.

"in 1983 the recovery surpassed its previous peak in gross domestic product very rapidly from the recession's trough. Growth rose by 4.5% in 1983, 7.2% in 1984 and 4.1% in 1985, and it kept climbing through the rest of the 1980s."

Review & Outlook: A Tale of Two Recoveries - WSJ.com

Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Pres. Obama wants to take us in the direction of the European model--more collectivism and more centralization. The Tea Party people want to go back in the direction of the original American model--more individualism, and more decentralization. Why make it any more complicated than that? Why the need to constantly obfuscate?

Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
Bolded part.

Want to show some proof for your "Analysis" ?

thats a good point.
the OP should qualify his answer w/his resume.

odds are, he lives in his mom's basement sitting in a beanbag chair eating cheetios all day.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:

obama discredits and defames himself without any help.

The Tea Party politicians merely point out what the msm ignore.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,153 times
Quote:

Like all the groups whose sole, aim was to destroy Bush, Chaney, Palin? Lefties have a bad chase of dishing it out and not being able to take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies