Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,047,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The guy runs a small business selling party stuff with 100 employees.
He can afford to offer HMO to his 20 managers but that's it.
He's already figured he cannot raise prices because no one will pay $2 per balloon for a party.
I doubt he's raking in as much as JPMorgan's CEO.

But continue on with your rant about the level of "corrupt wealth".

Newsflash..the employers most likely to be paying this fine will be small to medium businesses. That's 60% of where your jobs come from.

Sorry but corrupt wealth is running rampant in the U$. Denying it won't change that. The fact that so many good folks are suddenly struggling and hurting would indicate to most people that something is wrong, wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
bUU bUU started this thread

12,074 posts, read 10,743,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Are you planning to nuke Brazil, China, India, and Russia?
No. Are you?

Check out the topic of the thread, if you have a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Sorry but corrupt wealth is running rampant in the U$. Denying it won't change that. The fact that so many good folks are suddenly struggling and hurting would indicate to most people that something is wrong, wouldn't it?
That would burst their fantasy of One Nation Under Gold.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,446,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Article: Execs' cushy health care plans could be discriminatory | Pensacola News Journal | pnj.com

Another great example of the self-centered myopia suffered by those who actively oppose economic justice. Steve Diddams couldn't fathom the fact that his other 80 employees are no different from his managerial employees in terms of their healthcare needs and that of the families that they support. There is no excuse - none - for treating his hourly worker as sub-humans, as he is. He is still able to pay them differently - it's about time that we no longer allow him to treat them differently with regard to healthcare.

but - hmm - we pay certain people more based on ability. Health care plans are compensation for work, like salary. Not sure the surprise here.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,710,483 times
Quote:
Because they cannot use their home as an ATM anymore.
All that was doing was giving people the faux illusion they were wealthy.
Now we're back to reality and having to live based on your paycheck, not the overblown value of your home.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,279,002 times
Quote:
LOL Well as far as my personal situation, I've been semi retired now for a few years, paid for my own health insurance, recently moved to Australia where I volunteer helping to rebuild after the devastating floods there, in addition to putting my recent pharmacy tech schooling to good use there. I paid my own way for everything, mate,, no help from anyone. I doubt even your "heroes" can say that. But regardless I contribute a lot of value to society here in Oz, through my own sweat and money. Not exactly the type that thinks the world owes them huh? Nice try though. At least here in Oz, the concept of fairness is still alive.
Wow, you sure sound greedy, paying your own way and all... After all, thats exactly what you accused me of doing

Old 05-09-2013, 04:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,279,002 times
Quote:
The federal government is spending over $45,000 PER FAMILY of 4 in the USA, clearly somethings wrong, but its not the people, nor is it businesses, many of which are struggling due to all of this excess spending.

But then you dont live here, isnt it wonderful you can play wa wa wa, you should spend more, all the way over there where the policies have absolute no effect on you?

Old 05-09-2013, 04:49 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,816,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Health care plans are compensation for work, like salary.

They have been in the past, but that seems to be changing.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 PM

805 posts, read 1,164,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The guy runs a small business selling party stuff with 100 employees.
He can afford to offer HMO to his 20 managers but that's it.
He's already figured he cannot raise prices because no one will pay $2 per balloon for a party.
I doubt he's raking in as much as JPMorgan's CEO.

But continue on with your rant about the level of "corrupt wealth".

Newsflash..the employers most likely to be paying this fine will be small to medium businesses. That's 60% of where your jobs come from.
100 employees and 20 of them are managers? That's a pretty top heavy staffing arrangement for a store. Maybe if he had fewer managers, he would be able to provide health insurance to his employees.

Access to affordable health care can be a matter of life and death, yet some seem to think that employers should employ people full time and not offer that "benefit" to the full time employees.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
100 employees and 20 of them are managers? That's a pretty top heavy staffing arrangement for a store. Maybe if he had fewer managers, he would be able to provide health insurance to his employees.

Access to affordable health care can be a matter of life and death, yet some seem to think that employers should employ people full time and not offer that "benefit" to the full time employees.
Well that's the point of Obamacare. Government will sell you health insurance now.
Line up. No more need for employer based health insurance with group rates. You should be cheering.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post

My mistake..he said "managerial workers" which would include bookkeepers and such.
That doesn't sound like a lot for 7 stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies