Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 06:22 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times

Advertisements

I was feeling sorry for this guy until I saw his house (or at least about the multi-posts).

Forget him.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
As much as I love America, the wonderful people, the diversity, the climate, the beauty, the diverse landscape, the shopping opportunity, excellent and diverse food, and almost everything.... It is very very very very sad that we are basically the only western/industrial nation with no national health care *Seriously crying now*

My parents moved from Western Europe few years ago, and my dad was recently diagnosed with bad cancer, and he has high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. and has been under disability. He cannot work at all, and he is 63 years now. My mother does not speak English, and she is willing to work but nobody is hiring her. She goes to school to learn English, but since she is almost 60 years it is difficult for her to learn English especially when you speak other multiple languages and different language at home.

The other day we went to NJ county Board of Social Security Office, and since my father gets payed only $1000 from Europe due to early retirement/disability which is not even enough for the 1 bedroom apartment rent, he did not qualify for any health insurance (medicaid) because he had to make maximum $950 no matter what other expenses. Neither did my mom get any since she is not 65 years old yet Now my dad canceled his important doctor appointments due to no health insurance, and they do not take charity either. He cannot afford going to doctor since it's extremely expensive. They receive food stamp, but we hope it will not be taken away, then they are risk of being without food.

Why is America, the world's wealthiest nation like that? Since they have nobody left in Western Europe and all family and kids are here, they are trying not to move back.

I wish we could help them out, but since medication is expensive and we could barely make it ourselves I don't know what to do. This is depressing. I myself pay very high taxes!
Is there any way he could get Medicare or move back to western Europe? Talk with some people at the hospital because there is often something which can be done.

I have to agree though that it is a crime we don't have universal health care.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Don't you just love that the Father is on food stamps? And the OP is worried they will take his food stamps away and he'll have no food. Honest to God I hope this whole thing is a joke. I would hate to think there are people out there richer than crap who would let their parents go on Food Stamps.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,438 times
I promise in the name of God and my heart that I'm not rich, nor do I own any house. I live on Long Island in 2 bedroom apartment. Since many Europeans were bashing the U.S. and its lifestyle on European forum, I tried to defend our nation by saying I own a mansion and great opportunity this nation offers. I love America, so I had to defend it in some way. I wish I did not do it or lie, but it's too late. However, that house belongs to my cousin's neighbor. My cousin is wealthy, but unfortunately they do not help out anyone with money.

Sorry again everybody. I hope you forgive me for lying to other members. But hopefully one day I could own a house like that, become rich, and help my parents out, and anyone in need.

Health care is very important. I cannot wait for Obamacare.

PS: I will take a closer look at that Charity program. Some of you were cold hearted and selfish, while some were very thoughtful and amazing supporters. May God Bless all of you.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
As much as I love America, the wonderful people, the diversity, the climate, the beauty, the diverse landscape, the shopping opportunity, excellent and diverse food, and almost everything.... It is very very very very sad that we are basically the only western/industrial nation with no national health care *Seriously crying now*

My parents moved from Western Europe few years ago, and my dad was recently diagnosed with bad cancer, and he has high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. and has been under disability. He cannot work at all, and he is 63 years now. My mother does not speak English, and she is willing to work but nobody is hiring her. She goes to school to learn English, but since she is almost 60 years it is difficult for her to learn English especially when you speak other multiple languages and different language at home.

The other day we went to NJ county Board of Social Security Office, and since my father gets payed only $1000 from Europe due to early retirement/disability which is not even enough for the 1 bedroom apartment rent, he did not qualify for any health insurance (medicaid) because he had to make maximum $950 no matter what other expenses. Neither did my mom get any since she is not 65 years old yet Now my dad canceled his important doctor appointments due to no health insurance, and they do not take charity either. He cannot afford going to doctor since it's extremely expensive. They receive food stamp, but we hope it will not be taken away, then they are risk of being without food.

Why is America, the world's wealthiest nation like that? Since they have nobody left in Western Europe and all family and kids are here, they are trying not to move back.

I wish we could help them out, but since medication is expensive and we could barely make it ourselves I don't know what to do. This is depressing. I myself pay very high taxes!
If it is so bad here, go back.

Why did he come here?

Didn't he or YOU check out the medical care BEFORE he came here IF you are so concerned?

While I feel for your family it is NOT the American taxpayers who should foot the bill for someone who didn't pay 1 THIN DIME in taxes OR Social Security.

It is like trying take money out of someone elses bank account.

He is YOUR father. YOU take care of him.

Besides I think you post is all B.S.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-10-2013 at 07:07 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
I promise in the name of God and my heart that I'm not rich, nor do I own any house. I live on Long Island in 2 bedroom apartment. <snip>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/29465093-post1054.html

Old 05-10-2013, 06:48 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
I promise in the name of God and my heart that I'm not rich, nor do I own any house. I live on Long Island in 2 bedroom apartment. Since many Europeans were bashing the U.S. and its lifestyle on European forum, I tried to defend our nation by saying I own a mansion and great opportunity this nation offers. I love America, so I had to defend it in some way. I wish I did not do it or lie, but it's too late. However, that house belongs to my cousin's neighbor. My cousin is wealthy, but unfortunately they do not help out anyone with money.

Sorry again everybody. I hope you forgive me for lying to other members. But hopefully one day I could own a house like that, become rich, and help my parents out!
Well, then follow the advice provided at the beginning of the thread.

Your dad is married, yes? If so, he would fall under medicaid eligibility if the only income he has is $1,000. Double check with the country of origin to see how he can get coverage through them, etc.

Eligibility | Medicaid.gov

http://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHI...vel-charts.pdf

Old 05-10-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If it is so bad here, go back.

Why did he come here?

Didn't he or YOU check out the medical care BEFORE he came here IF you are so concerned?

While I feel for your family it is NOT the American taxpayers who should foot the bill for someone who didn't pay 1 THIN DIME in taxes OR Social Security.

It is like trying take money out of someone elses bank account.

He is YOUR father. YOU take care of him.
Thanks for your thought and support. God bless you anyway.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I know... Sorry for lying once again.
That house owner is a lawyer... Very friendly.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Well, then follow the advice provided at the beginning of the thread.

Your dad is married, yes? If so, he would fall under medicaid eligibility if the only income he has is $1,000. Double check with the country of origin to see how he can get coverage through them, etc.

Eligibility | Medicaid.gov

http://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHI...vel-charts.pdf
Yes, he is. Since my mom is not 65 years yet, she does not qualify for anything.
The social worker said my dad is over by around $50 for eligibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies