Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
So the social worker was lying to us?
^^This. All you posters who are disputing what the OP said the social worker said are not in possession of all the fact the SW is. Good grief, believe the poster when he says the SW said the dad isn't qualified for medicaid. He also doesn't qualify for medicare b/c one has to pay SS tax for 10 years to qualify for that.

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
And you know this how?
The OP says that his father receives $1,000 from the old country which is "barely enough to cover the rent" and that his mother isn't working because she can't find a job.

796 posts, read 1,162,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Agree with the above.

I'd say the thread should be closed due to trolling.
I wish I was trolling, but unfortunately it is true

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Really getting your eyes opened aren't you?

Take heart young one, these on here do not represent the true Americans who welcomed all comers with open arms from places that were rife with oppression and strife who arrived with nothing but the shirts on their backs. They also welcomed thousands of those who had never even heard of health insurance.

There will be a resolution and hopefully it will come in the form of OTHER Americans who will take up the gauntlet and help to maneuver you through this quandary in an affordable manner.
Yes, people like you are always willing to spend someone elses money and labor. I don't see YOU doing squat to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh wow so people who need help are bums ? I hope you never find yourself needing foodstamps especially with that silver spoon planted in your rear .....
No, people who come here with no job, no savings, insufficient EU government welfare checks and expect to live off US taxpayer funded food stamps and complain that they aren't given enough are bums.

If everything is so great and free in the EU why don't they go back? I'm sure a plane ticket would be cheaper than medical bills or paying insurance in the US. Could it be that everything ISN'T so great in the EU in spite of the liberal propaganda?

Old 05-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^This. All you posters who are disputing what the OP said the social worker said are not in possession of all the fact the SW is. Good grief, believe the poster when he says the SW said the dad isn't qualified for medicaid. He also doesn't qualify for medicare b/c one has to pay SS tax for 10 years to qualify for that.
Thank you hun. Sad that some people think I'm being dishonest by wasting my time here.
Like I said before, millions of Americans have similar problems like my parents.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My son went to grad school in England. I guess he didn't contribute to the system but he got outstanding medical care. Where it takes me weeks to get an appointment with a doc, my son always got an appointment within 2 days. What difference does it make what country we are from. We are all humans and should be treated as such.
Sounds like anyone who is uninsured and who wants free health care should just get a ticket to England then.

Whatever happened to immigrants learning something about how things are done here before they pack up and come on over? Do they not realize ahead of time that here it's very important to buy health insurance?

Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
If everything is so great and free in the EU why don't they go back? I'm sure a plane ticket would be cheaper than medical bills or paying insurance in the US. Could it be that everything ISN'T so great in the EU in spite of the liberal propaganda?
All kids and relatives lives in the U.S., that's why my parents came after us. We didn't expect my dad getting diagnosed with cancer all the sudden They also love America, the weather, the people, etc.

Actually the unemployment rate where we come from is lower than it is in America, and small gap between rich and poor. You confuse with eastern and southern Europe.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,125,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
Can't afford it but can
Smoke
Drink
Have cable
Internet
Cell phone
color TV
New Car
Computer
Go out to eat
get their nails done
have pets
Unfair generalization especially for those of us who work, pay taxes and DO NOT indulge in most of the "luxuries" on your list.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Thank you hun. Sad that some people think I'm being dishonest by wasting my time here.
Like I said before, millions of Americans have similar problems like my parents.
Well, you have a history of dishonesty, and you admitted that you were dishonest on the European forum, where you thought that the way to "defend" America was to lie.

Your parents wouldn't have had this problem if they had exercised some elementary foresight.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
All kids and relatives lives in the U.S., that's why my parents came after us. We didn't expect my dad getting diagnosed with cancer all the sudden They also love America, the weather, the people, etc.

Actually the unemployment rate where we come from is lower than it is in America, and small gap between rich and poor. You confuse with eastern and southern Europe.
Forget this country, if the country you came from has low unemployment and free health care maybe we should all go to that wonderful country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies