Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:55 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,991 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable !

Evade and get targeted for death.

And for those of you who think this is ok. Stop glorifying LE ! They don't have extra special rights.

What if it happened to someone you love ? Sadly, it's coming to that.

Florida Man Flees Seatbelt Stop on Foot, Cop Runs Him Over and Kills Him - informationliberation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 05:02 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,991 times
Another coptard fail !! WTF !! Good thing he's a physics major.

Math Fail: Cop Threatens Charges After Student Blows .018, Says It's 'Double' Limit of .08 - informationliberation

Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post

That's crazy. The guy is out there carrying a gun, making life/death decisions, and cannot multiply a number by 2.

We should cut his salary to 18K/yr, and tell him we just doubled his salary.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 AM

I still can't get over the math fail story. It's actually worse than I said. Not only couldn't the cop multiply by 2, he was unable to compare two numbers, .08 and .018, and tell which one was greater.

In fact he appears to have no grasp of 'greater than' or 'less than' when it comes to numbers. When the student points out that .08 is greater, the cop's response is "that's not the way the machine reads it," which makes zero sense. If x>y, there's nothing any machine reading can do to change the fact.

How low does IQ have to go in order not to grasp 'greater than' and 'less than?'

It's too bad there is no way to verify this story. The video (actually audio) seems real, but it's almost unbelievable. If we had a press that was doing their job, they would be tracking down this student and cop. And if we had a gov't that was doing it's job, the cop would be out of a job.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:25 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Unbelievable !

And for those of you who think this is ok. Stop glorifying LE ! They don't have extra special rights.

Florida Man Flees Seatbelt Stop on Foot, Cop Runs Him Over and Kills Him - informationliberation

Way to overreact. The seat-belt is insignificant. The action that caused a chase was failure to pull over. . .

anytime you run from the cops a) they will probably chase you b) you increase your risk of death

I seriously doubt they "ran him down" but probably the guy ran in front of the cruiser as it was coming around and got hit.

The Breathalyzer incident is funny. . .but its hard to say in the heat of the moment how bad the guy is at arithmetic. I mean when your pissed off. . .and in public like that. I could see myself misreading something and I got an A MBA quant class.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Unbelievable !

You know nothing more than what's repeated on a political blog and which repeats and interprets what it copied from someone else. If you're going to rant against all law enforcement, you might want to find something to help you do that which doesn't embarass you when you do it.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Way to overreact. The seat-belt is insignificant. The action that caused a chase was failure to pull over. . .

anytime you run from the cops a) they will probably chase you b) you increase your risk of death

I seriously doubt they "ran him down" but probably the guy ran in front of the cruiser as it was coming around and got hit.

The Breathalyzer incident is funny. . .but its hard to say in the heat of the moment how bad the guy is at arithmetic. I mean when your pissed off. . .and in public like that. I could see myself misreading something and I got an A MBA quant class.
Maybe so, but suppose x>y and you misread such that you think y>x. If somebody points out the error, would you respond "that's not the way the machine reads it?" That part makes no sense. It's tough to figure what the cop even meant by that.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times
Running from the police is suspicious behavior, plain and simple. The police quite reasonably figured the guy had outstanding warrants and decided to check his ID.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Yeah wow thanks all for clearing that up. I see now why the perp was executed

Old 05-16-2013, 09:48 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,481,251 times
Well, as much as I think the law of wearing a seatbelt is lame, its ones choice, but he did not wear it. This may not have happened if he had worn it.

He failed to pull over for law enforcement and tried to elude. This would not have happened if he had just stopped.

He then got out of his car and ran from the cops. According to the story, he actually ran in front of the moving cruiser trying to get away. Again, this would not have happened if he had just stopped.

The moral of the story, don't run from the cops. Yes, many cops can be stupid, we do have to many of them, etc, but, it's what it is.

It was an accident that would have never happened if he just stopped.

It's silly to make stupid titles that make it out like you will be killed by cops for not wearing your seat belt. This is childish immature thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies