Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barack Hussein has never won an argument or election on his own merits or arguments. He won them by demonizing or disqualifying the other side. That is the sign of a failure.
And when was the last time that a candidate for president won by running a positive campaign? Winning an election by disqualifying your opponent in an election (negative campaigning) is as American as apple pie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
And when was the last time that a candidate for president won by running a positive campaign? Winning an election by disqualifying your opponent in an election (negative campaigning) is as American as apple pie.
Not as corrupt as the Chicago way though. Talk about down and dirty, they invented it. Obama's campaign always got the tax returns of their opponents and all the background so they could expose them and all the time they stay pure as the driven snow keeping everything about him under wraps.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:51 AM

500 posts, read 376,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I don't think AG Eric Holder is doing him any favors, either.

And regarding these scandals, they are completely unnecessary for Obama's agenda. He seems to be doing well, the facade of the economy [appears] to be getting better, we’ve stayed out of a new major conflicts and wars, and, by and large, have avoided any major terror attacks.

In other words, for as many people who want to see him fail (just like any liberal wanted to see Bush fail), he was doing just fine, you know, before all the lies and deceit.
I think you're wrong. Obama is part of the Chicago brown shirt thug/Nazi machine. I honestly can't decide if he's incredibly stupid or just wants us to think he is. I vascillate. Either way, liberals can poo poo and scoff all they want. They're too self-indulged to see the truth. No, things aren't doing fine.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not as corrupt as the Chicago way though. Talk about down and dirty, they invented it. Obama's campaign always got the tax returns of their opponents and all the background so they could expose them and all the time they stay pure as the driven snow keeping everything about him under wraps.
If people only looked at the history of schemes that the Obama team have used against their opposition, they'd see how corrupt the guy really is. Even if he isn't corrupt (which he is), he surrounds himself with corrupt individuals.

We Libertarians were labeled crazy when we tried to warn people... now it's too late!

The wheels are falling off the cart. He (Obama) will simply deny EVERYTHING, as if that is a plausible an excuse.

I didn't know they were breaking the law... I'm not a crook!

Sound familiar?

How does it feel to back a criminal politician?

Last edited by steven_h; 05-17-2013 at 03:09 AM..

Old 05-17-2013, 04:32 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Conservatives: Did you think that the Obama Years Would be THIS corrupt?

Yep, I listened to Sarah Palin when she said he paled around with Bill Ayers, went to Wright's church. But Obama never knew these men were trouble and never thought they did anything against our country or hated it. DUH.

Just like Hillary holding up for Bill when his womanizing came to light before he was elected. Then we had Lewinsky. The press protects them.
The press does protect them, and they should know better. Never, ever fall in love with a politician. I don't care what side you're on. Most journalist's know this too, but they are just head-over-heels in love with Obama. The GOP tries to point something like Benghazi out to the MSM where people actually died and you have knuckleheads like Chris Matthews foaming at the mouth about white supremacy. Its unseemly.

The AP matter poked the press where it hurt. I'm sure most will back into cover-up mode, acceptting any level of corruption from this administration, but I suspect others will start digging. Obama has lost his halo.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
This is the last hurrah for the MSM. Once their man goes down, they're done.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
To be honest:

I knew about the history of Chicago politics, the Obamas and the machine that put him into the Illinois State then U.S. Senate seat.

But, OH BOY, even I didn't think the corruption would reach these levels.

Benghazi, IRS and AP scandals reveal Obama's culture of corruption | Fox News

Even Bill Clinton must be taken aback just a bit by what has happened!

What do you think the effects of this toxic White House will be on the mid-term elections for the democrat party?
Power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely

Old 05-17-2013, 05:46 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
To be honest:

I knew about the history of Chicago politics, the Obamas and the machine that put him into the Illinois State then U.S. Senate seat.

But, OH BOY, even I didn't think the corruption would reach these levels.

Benghazi, IRS and AP scandals reveal Obama's culture of corruption | Fox News

Even Bill Clinton must be taken aback just a bit by what has happened!

What do you think the effects of this toxic White House will be on the mid-term elections for the democrat party?
You are forgetting Solyndra and Fast and Furious.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Do you have evidence of this, because it hasn't been shown to be a fact? If it was true, don't you think Mitt Romney's tax returns would have been leaked?

Once again, the OP throws around the word "corrupt" -- a word meaning that people monetarily benefited or got something of value. This has not been established in the least.

If the supposed objective of the IRS "scandal" was to deny conservative groups tax-exempt status, then how did Crossroads GPS, which spent $70 million in 2012 and is purely a political purpose organization, get approval? If the Obama IRS wasn't going to deny Karl Rove's organization tax-exempt status, that's clear evidence that the IRS wasn't trying to go after conservative groups -- because Crossroads GPS is the mother-load of conservative political groups.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You are forgetting Solyndra and Fast and Furious.
Those aren't scandals. The U.S. loaned money to corporations before with great success. Because one company that got loans when bankrupt does not a scandal make. While one can argue about the wisdom of sending guns to Mexico and seeing where they ended up, it's not a corruption. It's a lapse of judgment.

When the Coca Cola company decided to replace the most success soft drink in history with "The New Coke," it wasn't a scandal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies