Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
So as to your Freudian slip "the good old days when she was punished for her cheating on her and her filing for divorce", you obviously believe lebians should pay alimony to each other also, correct?

How do you think they feel about that? No man involved, that should help you think.
Wow, so very bitter. I'm so glad you never made a mistake (besides posting on this forum).

Lighten up dear, watch a funny movie or something.

By the way, while you were correcting me, *you* misspelled "lesbians."

Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 PM

599 posts, read 953,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wow, so very bitter. I'm so glad you never made a mistake (besides posting on this forum).

Lighten up dear, watch a funny movie or something.

By the way, while you were correcting me, *you* misspelled "lesbians."
I corrected it within 15 seconds. You must be hitting refresh constantly.

And again you refused to answer the question.

Should alimony be awarded when lesbians divorce or not?

Old 05-16-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Apparently it *is* hard for you, since it is mathematically impossible that women are the higher earners in 40% of marriages, but only pay alimony in .4% of divorces, without some external forces.
And only 10-15% of spouses receive alimony, are you missing something here?

You're presenting it as 100% of spouses receiving alimony and only .4% of women paying alimony. That isn't the case.

If you can't figure out what this means I can't help you.

By the way, that .4% is almost certainly incorrect, I will go find some numbers.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I corrected it within 15 seconds. You must be hitting refresh constantly.

And again you refused to answer the question.

Should alimony be awarded when lesbians divorce or not?
Well of course, why wouldn't it? Yes, alimony should be as available in gay marriages as in straight marriages.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Why are you bleating at us, we don't make the laws. Use some of that anger and bitterness to petition the court system or take it up with your lawmakers in your State. Talking about misdirected moaning.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Why are you bleating at us, we don't make the laws. Use some of that anger and bitterness to petition the court system or take it up with your lawmakers in your State. Talking about misdirected moaning.
Nah. It's much easier to complain anonymously on message boards than petition and actually try to change laws.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Sadly, I have seen this. A nice gal I worked with, bit chubby, made good money, had her own home, guy said he was crazy about her, they got married, he just laid around the house, quit his job, started cheating on her... She finally filed for divorce, he gets half of everything.

I see this as far different from a marriage where the wife was home, taking care of kids... That is a job.

But this guy....And he wanted alimony, no shame in being a bum.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nah. It's much easier to complain anonymously on message boards than petition and actually try to change laws.
I think little dude is sad that he isn't getting paid.

Women paying alimony has significantly increased in the past several years. Don't worry, Colorado, for your next divorce, maybe you'll see some cash.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This is because of one thing you aren't bothering to factor in: the fact that the majority of women have custody of the children following a divorce.
You make that sound like it is a negative thing. Those women want custody of the their children, and the father want custody too. If they lost custody like the majority of men do, they would go into a deep depression. In fact among the women who lose custody, a lot of them become deadbeat mums.

So not only do they win custody, and the father lose his children. As a punishment for losing his children, the father needs to pay more child support and he need to pay to the mother so she can keep up her standard of living. If she cheated on him and the children are not his, he still got to pay. If she moves back in with the child's father, then he still have to pay to support for her and the child which is not his.

Not all states are like this, but many of them are.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Apparently it *is* hard for you, since it is mathematically impossible that women are the higher earners in 40% of marriages, but only pay alimony in .4% of divorces, without some external forces.
Its not .4% its 4% if anything, just thought i would point that out. The reason isnt better lawyers or someones inability to fend for themselves, the reason for this is wealth redistribution and the fact that both judicial and family systems are heavily slanted in favor of women who divorce, yet another reason for men to stay away from marriage. Far, far away. If you throw in custody rights to children, and the fact that most men lose ability to even see their kids, it simply makes it idiotic and stupid for a young man not to walk away from it all and stop trying. MGTOWs may have it right, as well as millions of men who participate in the ongoing marriage strike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies