Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:24 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times

Advertisements

I'm really getting tired of people putting a negative spin on secret governmental monitoring of private citizens.

Did you ever once think that maybe we do it because we care???? Did you ever think of that?

No. No, you didn't. Because in your minds we are always out to get you. We always have some cynical agenda.

Well, maybe, just maybe, we monitor you secretly because we want to make sure you're doing OK.

That's right. All those nights spent outside your house in a black van... maybe that's about us being worried sick about you. The infrared cameras we use to see through walls into your apartment...I'll tell you what that's about. That's about love. That's about not knowing what the hell you're going to do next and being ready to stop you from doing something stupid. Possibly something so stupid it could ruin your life.

Do you have any idea how hurtful it is for us to be accused of being out to get someone when all we're doing is looking after you like any good big brother would? Well, it is!

Did you ever once think of us? Of how hard it is to worry about you day after day and wonder to ourselves "What kind of trouble is he going to get himself into today?" Or the days when we watch you doing something totally stupid and we can only watch and say "By God, what the hell is he doing??!! He's going to throw it away!!!" Do you have any idea how upset that makes us?

We care about the individual American citizen as we would care about any family member.
And that's what we are...one big family that looks after each other.

We care so much we're willing to be hated and despised.

But I guess that's just the price we pay for caring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 01:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
BWHAHAHAHA. In other words.. "I was against the Patriot Act when Bush made it law, now I support it since Obama expanded it".

Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I'm really getting tired of people putting a negative spin on secret governmental monitoring of private citizens.

Did you ever once think that maybe we do it because we care???? Did you ever think of that?

No. No, you didn't. Because in your minds we are always out to get you. We always have some cynical agenda.

Well, maybe, just maybe, we monitor you secretly because we want to make sure you're doing OK.

That's right. All those nights spent outside your house in a black van... maybe that's about us being worried sick about you. The infrared cameras we use to see through walls into your apartment...I'll tell you what that's about. That's about love. That's about not knowing what the hell you're going to do next and being ready to stop you from doing something stupid. Possibly something so stupid it could ruin your life.

Do you have any idea how hurtful it is for us to be accused of being out to get someone when all we're doing is looking after you like any good big brother would? Well, it is!

Did you ever once think of us? Of how hard it is to worry about you day after day and wonder to ourselves "What kind of trouble is he going to get himself into today?" Or the days when we watch you doing something totally stupid and we can only watch and say "By God, what the hell is he doing??!! He's going to throw it away!!!" Do you have any idea how upset that makes us?

We care about the individual American citizen as we would care about any family member.
And that's what we are...one big family that looks after each other.

We care so much we're willing to be hated and despised.

But I guess that's just the price we pay for caring.
Isn't it a bit early for hitting the bottle?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Did you ever once think that maybe we do it because we care???? .
really now??

like liberals care about the common man

liberals are out to kill the middleclass

liberalism is a mental defect

Old 05-17-2013, 01:42 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
BWHAHAHAHA. In other words.. "I was against the Patriot Act when Bush made it law, now I support it since Obama expanded it".
The President has expanded the Patriot Act? Really?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Bwhahahahahahaha.... Really? You need to ask that??? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha......

Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Who's the 'we' the OP is talking about?
Mr President....is that you?
(Kinda sounds like the lying campaign speeches he gave)

Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Bwhahahahahahaha.... Really? You need to ask that??? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha......
Just what I thought. No substance.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Op..what's with all the "we" ? Are YOU the Fed government ?

I'll bet all that "we" will go out the window the day you find yourself on some Fed list.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:54 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
That is your biggest concern in this thread??? Really? So you agree with the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies