Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Strip Clubs
Guy - They should be allowed 64 53.78%
Guy - Meh, I dont care 14 11.76%
Guy - They should be banned everywhere 13 10.92%
Gal - They should be allowed 7 5.88%
Gal - Meh, I dont care 14 11.76%
Gal - They should be banned everywhere 7 5.88%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

I think they should only be allowed in strip malls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 12:42 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
There's nothing wrong with strip clubs, and I agree local communities should be able to regulate where they're located and whether or not alcohol is served.

I do realize many feel women that work at these places are being victimized, but women should be able to work in whatever career field they want. And by outlawing them we would be eliminating very lucrative career opportunities for women. Just because some have moral objections to this sort of employment, doesn't mean we should prohibit or ban others from earning a living at this sort of establishment.

If you don't like them, don't go to them.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
I'm not really into strip clubs. I've been to them a few times and I don't get off on it. I really don't see the fascination with it. But I wouldn't want to outlaw them.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:47 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I agree with TriMT7 on restrictions on locations, signage and zoning. Other than that, I think they should be left alone.
Id have np problem with that myself, but few communities want to stop there. Politically, its just gold for holier-that-thou politicians.

who usually end up getting caught in bathrooms!

Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
I don't have a problem with them,I use to go to them soetimes,I may go to one again in the future who knows.I agree that local cities should be in control of zoning or allowing them.

What I think is a waste of time and money is sending undercover officers into a joint and arresting dancers if they show too much or get too close....give me a break,I think there are more important things to use tax money and law money for.

We Americans(some) are really uptight when it comes to sex and nudity,that a Attorney General gets a hissy fit over a nude statue....sheesh.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:18 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't have a problem with them,I use to go to them soetimes,I may go to one again in the future who knows.I agree that local cities should be in control of zoning or allowing them.

What I think is a waste of time and money is sending undercover officers into a joint and arresting dancers if they show too much or get too close....give me a break,I think there are more important things to use tax money and law money for.

We Americans(some) are really uptight when it comes to sex and nudity,that a Attorney General gets a hissy fit over a nude statue....sheesh.
I agree with you on the under cover officers. That's ridiculous. Those same officers are probably in there with their friends when they're off duty. I wonder what you have to do to get assigned to be undercover at a strip club versus an undercover drug buyer.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:51 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
they spent about 50k here recently to gather enough evidence

apparently, the officers needed alot of lap dances to prove their cases.

im sure it was hard to get officers to volunteer.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
they spent about 50k here recently to gather enough evidence

apparently, the officers needed alot of lap dances to prove their cases.

im sure it was hard to get officers to volunteer.
I guess you do have to be thorough in things of that nature - tough job.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:18 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,635 times
adult businesses attract crime and sleaze. Personally I am not that against them but you can't deny that they attract a certain element that some people don't want in a town.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
adult businesses attract crime and sleaze. Personally I am not that against them but you can't deny that they attract a certain element that some people don't want in a town.
I do agree that they can attract that element. I think zoning can control where you allow that to happen. For example, where I live they're in an area that is not around a lot of residential property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies