Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
you poor poor baby. You can't do it without government.
You are very immature. How old are you? What the President said based on those employment stats is undoubtedly true for black Americans seeking employment.

Again, it is one thing to say that black Americans don't blah, blah, blah and that is why their unemployment rates are higher.

Yet the unemployment stats show black Americans who graduate with a bachelors degree or higher have the exact same employment gap with similarly educated white Americans as black Americans who are high school drop outs have with white high school drop outs.

This points to systematic racial discrimination that impacts black Americans who put forth the effort to graduate from college the same as those who drop out of high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
We all go to school and while there we each make our choices as to how serious we take schooling. Each of us are now living with the results of that decision.
That doesn't explain the unemployment gap, even with education levels being equal. Explain how a Black college graduate has higher unemployment levels than a White male with only a high school degree. Explain how a Black high school dropout will have a higher unemployment rate than a White college dropout. If it has anything to do with taking school seriously, Black college graduates would have unemployment rates similar to White college graduates.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My take as well.

This was their day of days, all they worked for their entire lives paid off on this day. They graduated... and 0bama essentially says 'no matter what your accomplish in life, I'll always see you as black kids who are descendents from slaves.'

In other words, 'you'll always need me and people like me to help you, so don't ever think you can make it in this world on the quality of your character and the merit of your deeds.'
You didn't listen or read the whole speech did you?

Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
A lot of blacks voted for Obama because they were mislead to believe Obama was gonna buy them stuff. Such stupidity. 3.5 more years of this BS, but it is what it is.
What an amazingly ignorant post. Such stupidity.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You didn't listen or read the whole speech did you?
It was the same case with Michelle Obama's speech.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sorry. Still, just the same, I didn't appreciate the way BigDGeek was insulted like that.
No do I. She is a patriot.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 PM

10 posts, read 13,988 times
Yes, I feel like it's racist. As a 26 year old white female with no children, I feel very discriminated against. I can't get food stamps or any kind of welfare. I only make $250 every two weeks and, while I despise welfare, I am looking for a better job, but no one seems to want to hire me and I need help right now. Minorities get way more financial assistance for college and I just got punished by the food stamp people because I am in college. They said I didn't work enough - WTF? I just feel like minorities get a reward just for being a "minority" (when they probably aren't anymore) and people with illegitimate kids get rewarded for being irresponsible. And someone who is trying very hard to be an upstanding, tax-paying citizen gets punished. So, I got a little off-topic, but there's my opinion. Also, maybe if people stopped labeling black people as victims, they wouldn't feel that way and they wouldn't be a "minority" anymore. Maybe they're just a "minority" because everyone keeps saying they are. Someone asked Morgan Freeman in an interview how we should stop racism and he replied, "Quit talking about it." I like that.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:29 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormywormie View Post
Yes, I feel like it's racist. As a 26 year old white female with no children, I feel very discriminated against. I can't get food stamps or any kind of welfare. I only make $250 every two weeks and, while I despise welfare, I am looking for a better job, but no one seems to want to hire me and I need help right now. Minorities get way more financial assistance for college and I just got punished by the food stamp people because I am in college. They said I didn't work enough - WTF? I just feel like minorities get a reward just for being a "minority" (when they probably aren't anymore) and people with illegitimate kids get rewarded for being irresponsible. And someone who is trying very hard to be an upstanding, tax-paying citizen gets punished. So, I got a little off-topic, but there's my opinion. Also, maybe if people stopped labeling black people as victims, they wouldn't feel that way and they wouldn't be a "minority" anymore. Maybe they're just a "minority" because everyone keeps saying they are. Someone asked Morgan Freeman in an interview how we should stop racism and he replied, "Quit talking about it." I like that.
What nonsense.

No one and nobody gets more money from our government than white Americans.

No one and nobody gets more financial aid for college than white Americans.

You feel how you feel because you are a bigot plain and simple. Stop focusing on black Americans. Look around you white Americans run and own American and they get most of the government money and most of the financial aid.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormywormie View Post
Why do you need food stamps? You're single and working. When I was single, working and made enough to rent an apartment, there were times I didn't have enough to buy a lot of groceries...I didn't want to apply for food stamps. I got by. Wanting food stamps never entered my mind.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
He is very different then my nieces and nephew on my husbands side. They find the best balance of both worlds.

Their Dad is black, and their Mother is white. Walking down the Street, could you know they had black in them, nope, what the hell is the point to this nonesense.

They see themself as half white and half black, and found early on and being mature about it the balance. They are equally proud of who they are peiord, and are very mature adgusted young adults.

Infact the thing they have said to me they don't think about race, they are who they are and that is that. Nothing racist about them, and they don't use racist remarks ever in their life as an excuse for anything! They are all sucessful young adults, who have worked hard to get where they are, it is called college, and getting good grades on merit and nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies