Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,640,574 times

Advertisements

No one cares about a stupidly biased baptist source.

Speak for yourself and you're being stupidly biased in assuming that.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,279,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The LDS church has already stated that they support the new ruling. They are smart enough to be able to distinguish between sexual orientation and the zero impact it will have on scouting.
Well, I have to admit that I tend to question the LDS church's motives behind their support.

I can't help but wonder if it isn't political in some way.

But, oh, well........sometimes the ends do justify the means.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I'm confused in which how are there even gay youth these days? I was only born in 1991, and I don't remember gay youth unless parents these days are forcing their children come out; back when I was in the Boy Scouts it seemed like none of us were even interested in girls and don't even think about boys. So what's going on today? I'm not prejudice against gay people, although I must admit to you all that I do not like a gay person who acts and dresses like a female; whenever I do have children I don't want them growing up confused about gender and wanting to be that male who is dressing and sounding like a female.

But I really would like to know the cause in the uprise of gay individuals or more specifically the youth.
Scouts go all the way through high school. Granted there aren't many scouts left by that time, but they are interested in girls (or boys) by that age.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,778,375 times
It is their organization, so they can make the rules, but I predict a mass-exodus, just like what happened to all the churches which condone the sin of homosexuality

Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,514,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
yeah...I left off the Shemale badge too....reserved for those I guess that are truly "committed" for the cause...what are they going to do when one of these shows up???

Liberals....they just never think it the whole way through...do they?
Grow up, you are acting like a 12 year old.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
There you are...dropping your kid off at the Jamboree and being introduced to his new tent mate, "Pat"....Pat was dropped off by "Elizabeth and Carol".....Pat brought along a chest full of Barbie Dolls and a vinyl, with clear plastic lid, makeup kit.....Pat also wears shorts....really short shorts with his n' her "tonsils" hanging out....Pat wears longer than usual hair and has a certain "feminine" air about him/her....

It's late, they are both going to sleep.....you kid wakes up, shaves his legs, and he is a she.....taking a walk on the wild side....WTF!!!!!

Your vision: You sent your kid to bond and have a nice kid outing.....

Result? Your kid comes home with an outrageous story of "exploration", makeup, and announces his new friend "Pat" as "special"....uh huh.....

Call me old fashioned here but, I would think you might have to deal with something like this at least 5-10 years later.....Nothing like having to change your kids entire wardrobe just prior to the next school year. Suddenly, posters of Barney Frank, Melissa Etheridge, Gloria Steinem are replacing Buzz Light Year and the like.

To insanity and beyond!

I don't think we are quite ready for this....are you?
You need to grow up too, so many of you guys act so juvenile. You would think you were 12 year old boys snickering over this. How immature.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,596,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, I have to admit that I tend to question the LDS church's motives behind their support.

I can't help but wonder if it isn't political in some way.

But, oh, well........sometimes the ends do justify the means.
Hard to know exactly what their motives are. I will give them more credit than the Catholic church who are violently opposed to this ruling, and taking into account their track record, I think they could do some housekeeping and reflection before being so reactionary.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Will they replace "morally straight" with "morally straight (or gay)" or perhaps "morally nuanced" in the oath?

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
You know that straight can mean on the level too, not just a sexual orientation. Geez.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM

5,669 posts, read 5,104,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Social conservatives have some messed up thinking.

Ashamed to have been a Scout but proud to be a bigot..
No, proud to have morals and standards.

Quote:
Let the hatred for your fellow humans go and live your own life.
The why don't gay youth, their families and those who support them start up their own Scout-like organization where they can do what they like and admit whom they choose? Why must Scouting be hijacked by those with a political agenda. If Gay Scouts are the wave of the future, then surely traditional Scouting would die a natural death within a generation as all the enlightened move to the New Order. Better to normalize your behavior, right?

Quote:
You would be much happier if you didn't feel a responsibility to be so angry and judgemental all of the time.
And you'd be much happier if there was no one to challenge your choices, eh?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:12 AM

805 posts, read 1,879,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I will give them more credit than the Catholic church who are violently opposed to this ruling,
NCCS Reaction to BSA Policy Change

Quote:
REACTION TO POLICY CHANGE IN MEMBERSHIP STANDARDS FOR THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
National Catholic Committee on Scouting
Thursday, May 23, 2014@ 5:48 PM

For over 100 years, thousands of children in Catholic parishes, schools and fraternal organizations have benefited from chartering Scouting units. The Catholic Church has maintained a strong relationship with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) through the National Catholic Committee on Scouting (NCCS) for many years and we hope to maintain that relationship.

Today, the voting members of the BSA voted to change the membership standards for its youth members. The BSA proposed in its resolution that "no youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone." Its membership standards for adult leaders remain unchanged.

The Catholic Church teaches that people who experience a homosexual inclination or a same sex attraction are to be treated with respect recognizing the dignity of all persons. The Church's teaching is clear that engaging in sexual activity outside of marriage is immoral. Individuals who are open and avowed homosexuals promoting and engaging in homosexual conduct are not living lives consistent with Catholic teaching.

Since the change in policy will not take effect until January 1, 2014, the National Catholic Committee on Scouting has adequate time to study its effects. The NCCS will determine how it may impact Catholic chartered Scout units and activities. In doing so, we will work within the teachings of our Catholic Faith and with the various local bishops and their diocesan scouting committees.

Ed Martin- National Chair
Father Michael Hanifin-National Chaplain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies