Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:56 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
As an activist living in the D.C. area I have come to know Medea and members of Code Pink, they are wonderful people.
I was with Code Pink and other activists yesterday as we stood in protest outside the Gates where Obama spoke, we cheered when Medea spoke out and challenged the president on his policy.
All main stream media is owned by only a handful of corporations and we know the White House and congress is owned by the corporations, groups with leaders like Medea are the only way the truth gets out.
A couple of pics I took yesterday the rest can be seen at link below.
I call BS Ted.

You know why?

Because 5 years ago instead of a dozen of you there would have been thousands and the media would have been there.

Yes, the same "corporate media" that you decry used to cover these things....because there were thousands of people instead of a tiny group.

Where did they all go Ted? Where did all your friends that used to protest in 2008 and before go?
What do they tell you when you ask them or do you just not ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 12:07 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I agree. It did appear that way to me. The pauses seemed rehearsed.
Oh please.

The difference between liberals and consefvatives was on display here. Liberals don't blindly worship, and don't always obey. They do what is right.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 PM

380 posts, read 376,803 times
Yep. The Tea Party surely is obeying and blindly worshiping the main Republican party.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:26 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Once again the twits in Code Pink show a lack of manners by interrupting a President's speech...unless of course it was a planted outburst. How the heck does she get press credentials for a presidential speech?
CP is the garbage/feces of humanity, they are frauds who claim to be for human/women's rights, but are just another far-left, anti-semitic group of turds. The sad thing is that there are a number of women who joined the group under the impression that it really was trying to help people - but were hoodwinked.

If you check out their site, much of it is either anti-Israel or anti-US - they are trash.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I call BS Ted.

You know why?

Because 5 years ago instead of a dozen of you there would have been thousands and the media would have been there.

Yes, the same "corporate media" that you decry used to cover these things....because there were thousands of people instead of a tiny group.

Where did they all go Ted? Where did all your friends that used to protest in 2008 and before go?
What do they tell you when you ask them or do you just not ask?
Ted is as FOS as the code pink filth is - totally dishonest, with zero credibility.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Oh please.

The difference between liberals and consefvatives was on display here. Liberals don't blindly worship, and don't always obey. They do what is right.
I don't quite know what you are getting at.
I was just making an observation on the exchange.
Are you telling me they do not do PR management in this administration?
If she wasn't a plant, maybe she was selectively "allowed in" for her "agreeable heckling skills"

I also don't know who worships who or not.
I'm a Libertarian - we don't worship any one person.

On the content of Gitmo. I was never for it.
I guess Obama ran on shutting it down, and his supporters are STILL waiting for him to deliver on that.
Pity because it is a stain on America. It shows the world we disregard the rule of law.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Oh please.

Really? They do?

So when corporate executives allegedly break the law, the liberals scream "arrest and prosecute them for it!" but when illegal aliens trespass into the US, the liberals whine "well, they are just here for economic activity..."

ZERO credibility, none.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Once again the twits in Code Pink show a lack of manners by interrupting a President's speech...unless of course it was a planted outburst. How the heck does she get press credentials for a presidential speech?
I see you read the Heritage talking points memo!

Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Really? They do?

So when corporate executives allegedly break the law, the liberals scream "arrest and prosecute them for it!" but when illegal aliens trespass into the US, the liberals whine "well, they are just here for economic activity..."

ZERO credibility, none.
I think it is the GOP who secretly want illegals here so they can exploit them. They pay lip service to immigration. I thought Republicans knew this?

But we digress....

Old 05-24-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
I think it is the GOP who secretly want illegals here so they can exploit them. They pay lip service to immigration. I thought Republicans knew this? But we digress....
Corporate republicans do, but real conservatives like me, who are the enemies of corporate republicans and stand by our values consistently, do not tolerate illegals. The law is the law, either everyone adheres to it, or no one does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies