Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 09:49 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,842,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
There is a good idea who this guy works for & sure isn't God.
Any bishop who comes up with this sort of tosh, shouldn't call himself Christian.

He is basically a sell-out, and a hypocrite.

The Bible condemns homosexuality, so either accept that or find another religion!

Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,499,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
God created people, they chose how to behave. A black person cannot become white, ever, it's not a bahavior.
If your god created people, then he also created gays and meant them to be gay, that is why we exist. I did not choose to be gay, but you must have chosen to be straight when you had attractions to both sexes, because otherwise you would not be so sure we made a choice. Same goes for anyone who says that we made a choice to be gay. If you are so certain of it, then you had gay feelings and suppressed them to be straight. Did you Janelle?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i think u may be being a bit hard on christians. there is clear evidence that neither the bible the torah nor the quran support homosexuality. they are only trying to follow their own teachings. having said that i dont think they have the right to dictate to you what u do with your life. i support gay marriage.
Clear evidence? Do you realize how vague this topic actually is? Do you realize the Bible wasn't written in English and Hebrew and Greek say nothing about the subject?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
If your god created people, then he also created gays and meant them to be gay, that is why we exist.
Perhaps, but by the same ticket we could also say that about, pedophiles, rapists and murderers.

I think that puts rather a large dent in your argument.

But seriously, the Bible is clearly against SSM, so any bishop supporting this is a sell-out.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Until I start seeing Christians rallying together to illegalize remarriages involving people who left their exes for reasons other than adultery/fornication/sexual immorality,

I call "BS" on the entire "We're against gay marriage because God is" argument.

Matthew 19:9
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Matthew 19:9 KJV - And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put - Bible Gateway

Please note that this is a quote from Jesus himself in the bible. How many verses feature Jesus saying that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry? How many verses feature him mentioning homosexuality at all?
Conservative Christians are the poster children for ignorant hypocrites. They only follow the parts of the Bible that allow them to demonize people they don't like or understand, while ignoring anything that condemns their sins.

I'm pretty sure the anti-gay crowd will not be getting a pat on the back from God come judgement day.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:12 PM

Due to the fact that 'judgement day' is nothing other than deluded gibberish, I tend to agree with you.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Wanting sex with the men angels is homosexual sex. I think you would agree. I am sure the other was also true. They had many sins, to numerous to count.
Those men weren't gay. And it wasn't homosexual sex, it's called rape. Shall we condemn all heterosexuals because women get raped by men? That's what you're doing here.

Read Judges 19. Disproves the ridiculous belief that those men were gay.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
That is why the WHOLE bible needs to be read. But Sodom and Gomorrah was not destroyed just because of sex with children. The men wanted the angels to come out of Lot's house so they could have sex with them. They didn't want Lot's daughters, they wanted the angels, who were in the form of men. That was the final straw for God to wipe them out.
Nope, inhospitality was the crime here. Stop speaking on matters of the Torah when you have no clue what you're talking about.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
This is true. "Hate the sin but love the sinner."
Why are you quoting Gandhi? He didn't like Christians because most are not like Christ.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Civilized discussion replaced with sarcasm and the rediculous. SNAFU... I'm jumping off this crazy train.
How is gay bashing a civilized discussion? That's the only point of this threads is for "Christians" (I use that term loosely) to condemn gay people while proving what ignorant hypocrites many Christians are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies