Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,967,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

I think it's great to be rich--I admire people who've made it to the top, but they need to pay their fair share and play by the same rules as the rest of us. This should be an issue that BOTH parties support. I never thought I'd see the day when the Republican party pushed proposals that hurt small business and main street, but that seems to be the direction you nuts are going.

Their not Republicans, but their not Democrats either running this country.

They are Globalists Neo Conservatives with their interests focused globally, not nationally as they should be in our government. Fortunately they will fail and burn in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It's not a free market. It's a market that's regulated and designed to benefit the powerful and the wealthy.
But that's because the wealthy and powerful naturally have more say in how the free market goes. Think about it as this way: it's easier for Walmart to expand and gobble up the competition than it is for a mom-and-pop shop to open up another store.

...As power and wealth in one group grows, the more their influence in the market grows.

...That is the natural order of things until you either get enough people to organize themselves and increase their power (unions) or until you get enough people to seize power by force (communism).

Old 06-01-2013, 04:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
But that's because the wealthy and powerful naturally have more say in how the free market goes. Think about it as this way: it's easier for Walmart to expand and gobble up the competition than it is for a mom-and-pop shop to open up another store.

...As power and wealth in one group grows, the more their influence in the market grows.

...That is the natural order of things until you either get enough people to organize themselves and increase their power (unions) or until you get enough people to seize power by force (communism).
Replace "wealthy and powerful" with scientist and then tell us if you'd still be willing to accept that they're more likely to be right than those that don't follow science at all.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:06 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,942,403 times
Don't forget the govt is largest shareholder in these public corps, like JPM.

Then they in turn control 80% of global wealth according to this.
Revealedthe capitalist network that runs the world - physics-math ...

Old 06-01-2013, 06:24 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,417,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The wealthiest 1 percent of the global population now owns 39 percent of all the wealth on the planet.

So exactly who are the top one percent?

The global elite are absolutely obsessed with power and control and they have been working to implement their agenda for a very long time. In the end, they hope to unite the entire planet under a monolithic global system that they control.

They are actually quite open about this - it is just that most people do not want to believe it.

The gap between the wealthy and the poor is rapidly growing in the United States as well.

Sadly, this means that the middle class is steadily disappearing as the ranks of those that are living in poverty continues to increase.

But of course not everyone is doing badly in the U.S. right now. In fact, those that own stocks have had lots of reasons to celebrate in recent months.

So who owns stocks?

Well, the wealthy do of course. In fact, approximately 60 percent of all individually held stocks are owned by the top 5 percent of all Americans.

Top 1% Own 39% Of All Global Wealth: Hoarding Soars As We Hurtle Toward Economic Oblivion - BlackListedNews.com
Hey Kramer, get a clue from the facts you posted. Join the 1%!

I'm only into the 3% or so for now, don't know if I'll make the 1%--got more wealth than I ever thought I'd have already, and more than enough income. But my efforts to be useful to the rest of society are very rewarding to me...if I live long enough, society will put me into the 1% for the value I render to it. Doesn't really mean anything to me, though. Apparently you are pretty hung up on it.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,429,673 times
What did the top 1% own 100 and 200 years ago? 400 years ago?

Old 06-01-2013, 06:26 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
What did the top 1% own 100 and 200 years ago? 400 years ago?
Don't forget that there has been times where the top 1% used force to get what they own.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:32 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,555,991 times
The politically active among the top 1 percent are our era's mafia.

There are multiple factions of them, and some are more or less geographically limited, but they're running everything.

And they think they deserve to be running everything.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:37 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,417,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Don't forget that there has been times where the top 1% used force to get what they own.
Bill Gates used massive productivity improvement and wealth increases for the rest of the world to get what he owns. Waltons provided dramatic increases in purchasing power to everyday people in the US and other countries to get what they own. In our day, the most reliable method to gain entry to the 1% is to be of massive value to the rest of society. This might be easier now than ever before, since so many people spend their time whining and moaning and feeding the green monster of envy instead of competing to be of service to the rest of society.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,914,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Bill Gates used massive productivity improvement and wealth increases for the rest of the world to get what he owns. Waltons provided dramatic increases in purchasing power to everyday people in the US and other countries to get what they own. In our day, the most reliable method to gain entry to the 1% is to be of massive value to the rest of society. This might be easier now than ever before, since so many people spend their time whining and moaning and feeding the green monster of envy instead of competing to be of service to the rest of society.
Yes, in a free market no transaction takes place unless both parties to the transaction perceive a benefit to the transaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies